Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 04:43 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,027,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
wtf are you talking about? but thanks for confirming my suspicions.
Dementor??? LOL, now you're going to try to take back your post? I'm sure you've had to watch or read the book with your children or for your own enjoyment...you brought it up, LOL! So you have anything of value to add for the OP or are you gonna continue name-calling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,457,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Don't listen to this Michigander...he is a perpetual negative poster who doesn't understand that people don't have to like what he likes. Now I know what you mean about being bored with Chicago. I mean sure the architecture is cool and the lake is the lake but you can only look at the Sears...ah hem, Willis Tower for so long before it gets boring. Plus it isn't even half the height of the world's tallest building...boring.

The night clubs in Chicago are boring! Let's not kid ourselves here, Chicago is a big city but it isn't famous for nightlife, resort hoping, outdoor activities, etc. Downtown Phoenix doesn't have the height or density compared to being inside the loop, but there is just as much to do and the clubs are definitely larger and always full of people. :
Are you for real?!?!?!? This is, quite possibly, the dumbest thing youve possibly ever written. Usually youre a pretty smart guy for what its worth, but youre clearly talking out of your anus with that post. Ho-ly ka-rap, dude! You just lost any sort of credibility that you might have had. Dang.

Please, by all means, come share these thoughts on the Chicago boards. Heck, screw that, I invite you to post that on the city vs city boards. Anyone who has even the slightest hint of brain activity knows that Chicago puts PHX to shame in virtually every category. Sheesh, if you think Chicago is "boring" that just goes to show that you have absolutely NO pulse whatsoever.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Wow, Mr. ASU, how long have you lived in Chicago? Do you know that there are literally hundreds of bars, clubs that are unique in every which way, and have more history and diversity than your overhyped mega night clubs ever shall. Stick to what you know best, or you think you know. Stick to telling us stories about how you handle second and final interviews for your firm, we can't get enough of those, MORE please! You sound so proud!
Pay no attention to him. THe more he opens his mouth (boca?), the more apparent it is that he's never lived in Chicago. His posts are a joke, especially stating that Chicago has "no nightlife". There is more nightlife in Chicago than he'll ever realize. Ill stand by my statement: fcorrales has never been to Chicago. If he has, he visited with 2 corks in his ears and a blindfold on. Sorry, just dont believe a word out of his mouth, its getting really ridiculous. Shame, that. He used to be a somewhat credible source, too.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:43 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,249,410 times
Lol.....
Funny.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Are you for real?!?!?!? This is, quite possibly, the dumbest thing youve possibly ever written. Usually youre a pretty smart guy for what its worth, but youre clearly talking out of your anus with that post. Ho-ly ka-rap, dude! You just lost any sort of credibility that you might have had. Dang.
I always wondered why you people from Chicago visit the Phoenix boards in such large numbers to "convince" yourself that Chicago is a better city. Wonder why we don't get people from Seattle, L.A., Miami, NYC, or rarely Philly that come on this city's forum and try to soothe their wounds? Hmmm...now that is the question.

Quote:
Please, by all means, come share these thoughts on the Chicago boards. Heck, screw that, I invite you to post that on the city vs city boards. Anyone who has even the slightest hint of brain activity knows that Chicago puts PHX to shame in virtually every category. Sheesh, if you think Chicago is "boring" that just goes to show that you have absolutely NO pulse whatsoever.
So, school me. What did I miss when I was in Chicago. List all the "great" clubs that I should go to there. And if you list those I've mentioned before and have been to...snooooze! Please don't comment on architecture and the damn lake as that has crap to do with nightlife. Point me to the right parts, where should I go so that I can maybe revisit my opinion on the "Second City." Seems like you guys have a second city type of complex going on. So, list what is so dramatically different about Chicago. What outdoor activities are there that can't be accomplished elsewhere? Again if you mention walking around some sidewalk by the lake I hope the El runs ova ya! I'm awaiting your insightful response...

Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Pay no attention to him. THe more he opens his mouth (boca?), the more apparent it is that he's never lived in Chicago. His posts are a joke, especially stating that Chicago has "no nightlife". There is more nightlife in Chicago than he'll ever realize. Ill stand by my statement: fcorrales has never been to Chicago. If he has, he visited with 2 corks in his ears and a blindfold on. Sorry, just dont believe a word out of his mouth, its getting really ridiculous. Shame, that. He used to be a somewhat credible source, too.
I lived in Lakeview near Southport, thank you very much. And yeah, Chicago bored me...small and sameness when it came to nightlife in Boystown and in the other scenes in the city. But like I asked easlier...waiting for you to point me in the right direction. Let's see how many "cool" clubs and great nightlife scenes you can point out that would out number those here...

Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
What city can't you attend things like that or activities such as those and be surrounded by those type of people or any type of person? Business class, students, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, middle-class, upper-class, blue-collar, hard working, debutant, etc. Can you hike mountains in your city, attend huge national sporting events EVERY season of the year, patronize huge Las Vegas budget night clubs with glass enclosed catwalks connecting clubs together, go to roof-top/poolside bars year round, decide to live in suburbia or in the central cities without being far from either no matter what direction and not be stuck in snarling traffic for hours, take a summer vacation in your own city at one of the numerous world-class resorts, be baking one hour and an hour later be in pine forests having to don a sweater and jeans, and on and on?

Can you step out onto glass and stare 1,350 ft straight down in PHX? Can you swim on a rooftop pool 800+ ft above the street? Walk across a bridge and be next to a freshwater lake that is way larger than most STATES? Sailboat on the lake and see a world class skyline? Have a cocktail in a bar 1,000 ft above Michigan Avenue? How about take public transit to an NHL game, an NFL game, 2 MLB teams, or a MLS team? Ice skate under the snowflakes surrounded by canyons of skyscrapers? Take a riverboat architectural tour? Ride a monstrous ferris wheel downtown? How about play some beach volleyball, take in a world class museum, then eat at a fine restaurant, all within walking distance of your condo? Enjoy downtown music festivals (ie Lollapalooza), gigantic taste festivals, ice carving competitions, art walks, arboretums, several music venues, hundreds and hundreds of restaurants, take a taxi at 5am, shop in a 20 story shopping mall, take in one of several live theaters, ride the subway or EL, take in several gardens and large amounts of sculptures, one of the worlds largest fountains, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Whats sad is that Im just talking about DOWNTOWN Chicago alone. OUCH.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I always wondered why you people from Chicago visit the Phoenix boards in such large numbers to "convince" yourself that Chicago is a better city.
We come by to laugh at people like you who pop wood over PHX's first sculpture, or awesome "movies in the park", or first transit trains, etc. Welcome to the real world, bub. Shame it took you guys over 100 years to catch up with the rest of the nation. What new and exciting project awaits Phoenix next? Neon signs? A strip of grass that will pass as a "park"? Maybe a 2nd sculpture? Ooh ahh. Maybe if PHX's city council gets outrageous and daring, you guys might get a drive-in theater. Or maybe even an amusment park!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,563,172 times
Ladies and gents, just ignore FCORRALES80 and he will go away and troll another site. He's never set foot in Chicago in his life and knows nothing about it and is just trying getting a rise out of you. We all know Chicago puts Phoenix to shame in everything and is what Phoenix can only dream about. As a native Midwesterner (Indiana), I LOVE Chicago!

Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Can you step out onto glass and stare 1,350 ft straight down in PHX? Can you swim on a rooftop pool 800+ ft above the street?
LOL, ugh always the damn buildings and the stupid lake with you people from Chicago. yes we can be 1,000 - 1,500ft. or higher above Phoenix and take in the city and the entire Valley. However, mother nature graced us with such height and we didn't have to build it. Just go to one of the resorts perched above the valley and swim the pool hundreds of feet above the city. Try the Pointe Tapatio Cliffs in the heart of Phoenix.

Quote:
Walk across a bridge and be next to a freshwater lake that is way larger than most STATES?
The lake? LOL...

Quote:
Sailboat on the lake and see a world class skyline? Have a cocktail in a bar 1,000 ft above Michigan Avenue?
The lake and buildings again...fun...oh wait no, BORING!

Quote:
How about take public transit to an NHL game, an NFL game, 2 MLB teams, or a MLS team?
Yes, I can take the train to a D-Backs game, Suns Game, Roadrunners hockey game, ASU football, baseball basketball, WNBA game, concerts, and can take public transit out to Westgate to see the Cardinals and Coyotes. You got us on MLS, you know since soccer is "huge" in America...LOL

Quote:
Ice skate under the snowflakes surrounded by canyons of skyscrapers? Take a riverboat architectural tour? Ride a monstrous ferris wheel downtown?
The lake and buildings again...wake me up when it's over! But I like ferris wheels. I ride a huge one right a Veterans Memorial Coliseum every fall near downtown Phoenix during the fair.

Quote:
How about play some beach volleyball, take in a world class museum, then eat at a fine restaurant, all within walking distance of your condo? Enjoy downtown music festivals (ie Lollapalooza), gigantic taste festivals, ice carving competitions, art walks, arboretums, several music venues, hundreds and hundreds of restaurants,
Beach volleyball in Arizona...no becuase we don't have pools here or lakes or sand! LOL! Yes we can play beach volleyball. We do it every Sunday. One happens to be put together by the local bars and nightclubs! OMG! World class museums, restaurants, festivals, food/wine/cheese/art walks/music venues/clubs/gardens/parks/cultural centers/historic neighborhoods/country clubs/etc. etc. all within walking distance or train ride from my downtown historic neighborhood. You know like the Heard Museum, Phoenix Art Museum, Irish Cultural Center, Japanese Friendship Gardens, Marget T. Hance Park and Deck Park Tunnel, Roosevelt Row arts district, First Friday's Art Walk...ugh everything you can do we can do better.

Quote:
take a taxi at 5am, shop in a 20 story shopping mall, take in one of several live theaters, ride the subway or EL, take in several gardens and large amounts of sculptures, one of the worlds largest fountains, etc, etc, etc, etc.
I take taxi's all the time at 5am, especially since the last train comes after 2:30am on the weekends and we don't have to drink and drive. Several live theaters; like the Herberger, Valley Youth, Arizona Theater Company, Ballet Arizona, Gay actors' Theater, and on and on...Several gardens for sure and exceptionally manicured city owned parks, private property, exquisitely maintained historic districts, etc. etc. Are you comparing the fountain in Chicago to the World's Largest fountain in Fountain Hills, AZ; a suburb of Phoenix???

Quote:
Whats sad is that Im just talking about DOWNTOWN Chicago alone. OUCH.
Oh that is sad! In a metro of over 9 million and its only in one area. Spread the love; we don't mind sharing a few of the above mentioned activities with out famous suburbs. I haven't even begun to mention the museum in Scottsdale like those started by Frank Lloyd Wright, the Tempe Center for the Arts, Tempe Town Lake, the resorts in Scottsdale, numerous 5 star/diamond hotels and resorts, and on and on. Really...that's what there is to do in Chicago...wake me when we land in Phoenix!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area