Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:58 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrpriester View Post
Then you and Hopes (imagine that) are both hallucinating. I would be more than willing to meet any of you down there and walk with you through every store to prove my point. The theater and Wal Mart have the most relatively larger number of black employees.
TJ Max, Marshalls, Giant Eagle, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross to name a few. These are stores that I have frequented since the opening of the Waterworks. It also has a diverse group of people who shop there as well. Being black in a not so black metro, you notice things like that.

Last year my family and I had to go to South Hills Village Mall to get a pair of shoes from the Clark store that was sold out at all the other locations. From the stares you would have thought we were aliens in the place. It was as if these people had never encountered a well groomed funtioning black family. It was wierd and my 8 year old son noticed it as well.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:00 AM

894 posts, read 1,325,245 times
Quote:
Booo hooo hoooo..........these lawsuits are brought about by people who aren't getting where they want to go with their company, and instead of improving their skills and furthering their mind, they resort to this.

And to all the young single men (and women), there are most definitely some beautiful young women working in the area Paneras!

Your a fool, I'm done arguing with you, trust me people like you hurt the Pittsburgh area! Probably why our population is declining because young people don't want to be surrounded this ignorance.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:01 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,718,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashan5 View Post
Protect whites cut me a break, whites have been protected for the last 235years (1776 Declaration of Independence) how about just hiring the best person for the job. & trust be every white woman isn't the most qualified " cash register receptionist "
Anddddddd the poster's true colors come out.

Why does this always happen on this forum? It's always the same thing:

"This is wrong!" ::nearly everyone agrees::

"Also, screw whites!" ::silence::

Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Then you and Hopes (imagine that) are both hallucinating. I would be more than willing to meet any of you down there and walk with you through every store to prove my point. The theater and Wal Mart have the most relatively larger number of black employees.
Don't forget curtis too. Clearly we all frequent Waterworks and more establishments there than you do.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashan5 View Post
Your a fool, I'm done arguing with you, trust me people like you hurt the Pittsburgh area! Probably why our population is declining because young people don't want to be surrounded this ignorance.
There is no point arguing with some of these posters. They will never be enlightened to the realities of discrimination and how this impacts others. All you can do is pray for these types of people.

So sad!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
The East End isn't in the neighborhood of the Waterworks. Aspinwall, FC, O'Hara, Blawnox and Sharpsburg are more in line. Across the river, Highland Park is closest and Morningside. Then all the way to East Liberty and Larimer.

Guess it depends on what you consider close? Some would say I am close to Downtown (7 minute drive), but I don't live downtown.
Technically the waterworks is the east end of Pittsburgh. It is considered Lincoln Lemington and has a city of Pittsburgh address. Don't forget that Lincoln Lemington, N. Point Breeze, Homewood and Penn Hills are directly across the river from the Waterworks mall. I live in East Hills and it is a 10 minute drive to Waterworks. Simply take Verona to Lincoln ex. to Nadine to Allegheny River Blvd.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
All companies do this whether they admit it or not. At one of the major corporations I worked at, all of the sales people were hot 20 something females. I touched upon another thread where 75% of software development positions at another company were from low paid, H1-B sponsored Indians. At another place I interviewed, the interview came down to me and another person (female) and the all female management staff hired her despite the fact that I had more experience. Another place explicitly said they needed a minority hire, so they hired a black guy who was unqualified and gone in 6 months.

None of this is right morally (I personally think it's very screwed up), but that's the reality of American corporations. The author of that Tartan article must be a young person who hasn't experienced the reality of the workplace quite yet. It's awful, it blows, and its sometimes illegal, but everyone does it.
The best example of this are pharmaceutical reps. Sit in a doctor's office for any length of time and and it is very obvious when a phamaceutical rep walks in the door. I was waiting in a doctor's office recently when a second rep walked in. She and the rep who was already waiting to see a doctor struck up a conversation. The first comment was, "So who do you work for?" The ones I see are almost always 22-34, white, attractive, and don't shop for clothes at Wal-Mart.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teen Carl View Post
Anddddddd the poster's true colors come out.

Why does this always happen on this forum? It's always the same thing:

"This is wrong!" ::nearly everyone agrees::

"Also, screw whites!" ::silence::
Acually it *********! I have nothing against white people in general. I just despise ignorance and sarcasm. this forum is full of the latter. I hope that this forum is not a reflection of white Pittsburgh. If so, so sad!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 AM

659 posts, read 1,145,888 times
Rashan, that may be true, but it is also right to trash white people now because they are the new target for the population to discriminate against, becoming more and more a issue, its a fact btw SO i guess you are happy about that? Shows me alot here, yup...hate goes both directions i see.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,718,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins View Post
Acually it *********! I have nothing against white people in general. I just despise ignorance and sarcasm. this forum is full of the latter. I hope that this forum is not a reflection of white Pittsburgh. If so, so sad!
Well the thing is people are agreeing with you, this Panera discrimination is not right.

But you should also realize that whites are discriminated against too, and that is not right either. Perpetuating the myth that whites do not get discriminated against make you the one that's holding people down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh