Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2016, 04:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,274,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
It's tough to manipulate analytics in baseball too.

Don't confuse not watching every Pens game with not understanding. I admit I only show up for the playoffs, and not even the first round at that. But I co-founded a club hockey team in college and actually coached. Granted, we went 0-10-1. But the 1 was against a pretty good community college team, lol. 0-0 tie. Our goalie downed a sixer before the game. Wish I'd known earlier that that was the secret to him playing well.
Easy to manipulate analytics in baseball, they just don't mean much beyond batting order and pitching.

I give you credit. That's a pretty embarrassing story and I don't think I'd tell it.

Pens pull this off it will be awesome. Gotta love another championship and everyone loves a parade.

Last edited by erieguy; 05-28-2016 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 04:45 PM

5,652 posts, read 7,000,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Easy to manipulate analytics in baseball, they just don't mean much beyond batting order and pitching.

I give you credit. That's a pretty embarrassing story and I don't think I'd tell it.

Pens pull this off it will be awesome. Gotta love another championship and everyone loves a parade.
It took a month before most of the defense could skate a shift over 40 seconds, let alone the third line. We (and mostly me) had to raise funds for practice time, so I think we only held 3 practices. It's a whole lot easier coaching baseball, I'll give you that. 40 seconds goes by quick and if you forget to call a change, well...

Old 05-28-2016, 06:50 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,036,400 times
Seems everyone is picking the Sharks to win this series. I don't know much about this team, but hope we can play well and somehow pull it off.

Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,783,363 times
In this article, the P-G couldn't even be bothered to look up the Pittsburgh metro size. Or could they really be so ignorant that they don't even know that metro is a lot different than city? very embarrassing, either way.

Sharks tickets take a bigger bite out of fans' wallets | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 05-30-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
In this article, the P-G couldn't even be bothered to look up the Pittsburgh metro size. Or could they really be so ignorant that they don't even know that metro is a lot different than city? very embarrassing, either way.

Sharks tickets take a bigger bite out of fans' wallets | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
It's their first Cup Final.

Tix for the last 2 trips to the SCF for the Pens were as much as what tix are in San Jose now.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:21 AM

3,291 posts, read 2,783,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It's their first Cup Final.

Tix for the last 2 trips to the SCF for the Pens were as much as what tix are in San Jose now.

I just meant that the writers at the post gazette are embarrassing, not the ticket price thing...

Old 05-30-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
I just meant that the writers at the post gazette are embarrassing, not the ticket price thing...
Local sports media in general is embarrassing. Not just the PG.

Old 05-30-2016, 11:58 AM

14,192 posts, read 22,796,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems everyone is picking the Sharks to win this series. I don't know much about this team, but hope we can play well and somehow pull it off.
Eh, most "experts" picked the Capitals and Lightning over the Penguins too. The only playoff series in which they favored the Penguins was against the Rangers.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:54 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,171,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Eh, most "experts" picked the Capitals and Lightning over the Penguins too. The only playoff series in which they favored the Penguins was against the Rangers.
Not sure why some people were so surprised the Pens beat the Caps. Pens had a winning record against the Caps this season, Pens were pretty good at limiting the Caps scoring chances, and Pens are just dominant against the Caps in the playoffs as well. Not really sure what to expect in this series though, it could go either way.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It could happen...but how often are these "everyone" right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh