Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 09:09 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I don't think Ben is as focused as in years past. He has very young kids and they are all so close together in age. I wish he would retire to be honest. I just don't think he is all that great in the big games. Sure didn't show up in the past two playoff games.
Ben Roethlisberger: Career Stats at NFL.com

For those that pay little attention to the game other than when we're in the postseason.

The Stillers have a coaching staff problem for a number of years now, not a quarterback problem. Tomlin couldn't carry Belicheat's jock.

Ben didn't let Hogan destroy the defense against the Pats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 09:20 AM

387 posts, read 408,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Put Ben on the Pats and Brady on the Stillers and you'd have the same results.

The quarterback isn't the problem.

I can agree with that somewhat. I get the Steelers whole we've only had three coaches since 1969. What I find curious is that after ten years CMT hasn't been allowed to hire his own OC/DC. He wanted to retain BA and he was forced out by mgmt. Lebeau was already here and they promoted his clone (Butler) as it was promised to him. I would just like to see him be able to bring in his guys. It's like learning to ride a bike and a year later you're still using training wheels. Obviously there's more to it than that but, just some of my general observations.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomchee View Post
I can agree with that somewhat. I get the Steelers whole we've only had three coaches since 1969. What I find curious is that after ten years CMT hasn't been allowed to hire his own OC/DC. He wanted to retain BA and he was forced out by mgmt. Lebeau was already here and they promoted his clone (Butler) as it was promised to him. I would just like to see him be able to bring in his guys. It's like learning to ride a bike and a year later you're still using training wheels. Obviously there's more to it than that but, just some of my general observations.
I certainly don't know all the logistics of what Tomlin has or hasn't been allowed to do as far as input on his staff but Imo the less control he has of it the better.

This team has been and has turned into "the good old boys club" in recent years. He's made some horrendous moves, a few examples is in 2014 with Bell and letting Blount go. Bell hasn't finished the season healthy in 3 years as he's just been run into the ground. We were lucky to get a playoff win last season due to the Bengals being even less disciplined than us, and this past game was pretty pitiful.

It took a video of Tomlin and the team by Brown to finally get Tomlin to show some reaction to his antics and for Ben to have to talk retirement to get everyone's attention.

Until he loses the arrogance and gets back to his early coaching days he'll never take this team to another SB. His should really pay attention to his most favorite Tomlinism of "obviously" and maybe it'll change. He better do it fast because without a star qb, he's not going to win anything.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:43 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Joey Porter should have been fired.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Joey Porter should have been fired.
Yep.

I hope they trade Brown. He's become the new Randy Moss, TO, Ocho Cinco, etc...

Old 01-26-2017, 03:28 PM

I'm assuming Bell gets franchised and they make sure he's clean of dope before they possibly sign him long term
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh