Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 09:02 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,388,523 times

Advertisements

Someone needs to sit down with him and explain "This is the ACC. It is among the elite of basketball conferences". I mean he is winless in the ACC so far. Pitt is not accustomed to be a losing basketball program. Pluck Hunter from Georgia State. He stepped in and was a winner right from the start. I'm not sure Pitt can survive Stallings. Looks like his only hope for a win is against Wake Forest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 12:02 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,467,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
Someone needs to sit down with him and explain "This is the ACC. It is among the elite of basketball conferences". I mean he is winless in the ACC so far. Pitt is not accustomed to be a losing basketball program. Pluck Hunter from Georgia State. He stepped in and was a winner right from the start. I'm not sure Pitt can survive Stallings. Looks like his only hope for a win is against Wake Forest.
He knows it`s the ACC and he knows he`s starting 5 freshman that are competing against teams that have players that will be in the NBA next year. How it got to be this way is what people should be asking. IMO the move to the ACC was disastrous but it`s always about the money. They got their money and they have thousands of empty seats at the Pete and Heinz Field. A sad situation indeed.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:56 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He knows it`s the ACC and he knows he`s starting 5 freshman that are competing against teams that have players that will be in the NBA next year. How it got to be this way is what people should be asking. IMO the move to the ACC was disastrous but it`s always about the money. They got their money and they have thousands of empty seats at the Pete and Heinz Field. A sad situation indeed.
Dixon didn’t have a “disastrous” time in the ACC. He went 26-10 in his first ACC season followed by 19-15, and 21-12 before he left.

Pitt sports are just “disastrous” right now.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM

197 posts, read 449,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Dixon didn’t have a “disastrous” time in the ACC. He went 26-10 in his first ACC season followed by 19-15, and 21-12 before he left.

Pitt sports are just “disastrous” right now.
That they are. And as a proud Penn State Nittany Lion Alum surrounded by obnoxious Pitt fans, I absolutely love it. Basketball was all they had, and our basketball team absolutely destroyed them earlier this year.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:58 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,388,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
That they are. And as a proud Penn State Nittany Lion Alum surrounded by obnoxious Pitt fans, I absolutely love it. Basketball was all they had, and our basketball team absolutely destroyed them earlier this year.
That was the first sign something was terribly wrong at Pitt.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krogerDisco View Post
That was the first sign something was terribly wrong at Pitt.
To be fair, they’re 14-8 and just beat Ohio State.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:08 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,590,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Peters View Post
And as a proud Penn State Nittany Lion Alum surrounded by obnoxious Pitt fans, I absolutely love it. Basketball was all they had, and our basketball team absolutely destroyed them earlier this year.

It's nice to be an Ohio State alum in Pittsburgh. I don't have to be proud of either meh teams or a program that covered up horrible crimes to keep good teams. That I don't have to live in Ohio is the icing on the cake.

Old 01-28-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
It's nice to be an Ohio State alum in Pittsburgh. I don't have to be proud of either meh teams or a program that covered up horrible crimes to keep good teams. That I don't have to live in Ohio is the icing on the cake.
To be fair, and if you’re going to bring up scandals that are long since over and the present day employees have nothing to do with them, Tressel covered up the memorabilia sales scandal/“Tattood 5”, so star players could keep playing so they would have “good teams”. Not a good look for Ohio State back in the day. Here’s a list of their top 10. http://www.columbusalive.com/content...-scandals.html

Last edited by erieguy; 01-28-2018 at 05:46 PM..

Old 01-28-2018, 08:19 PM

271 posts, read 331,960 times
Stallings can't be solely blamed for the current state of the program. That said, if you think he's got the recruiting and coaching chops to raise Pitt from the ashes and have Pitt contend in the ACC on an annual basis, I think we will soon find out he's not (assuming he even gets the chance).

Old 01-28-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSantoRules View Post
Stallings can't be solely blamed for the current state of the program. That said, if you think he's got the recruiting and coaching chops to raise Pitt from the ashes and have Pitt contend in the ACC on an annual basis, I think we will soon find out he's not (assuming he even gets the chance).
No worries, do like what’s possibly planned for Heinz Field and tarp off the Pete so it looks full and top recruits will want to come to Pitt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh