Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 06:25 PM

8 posts, read 2,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeauty202 View Post
a) running away from me, someone with a gun is a pretty clear indication he's not about to shoot me.

B) he does, your right, but the gun was in the car, not on antwon, again rendering him unarmed. Plus your use of the plural "guns" was a disingenuous falsehood to make antwon seem like an even bigger threat to the officer. I was just pointing out the lie.

C) no he's right in as the law is written, the law as is needs changed. That still doesn't answer my discrepancy which you and erieguy, just can't seem to rationally answer, or you don't want to. I'll ask it one more time.

why is it unarmed young black boys are seen as imminent threats therefore justified to being killed instantly by police. While a white mass murder, who also just shot 3 police officers is not seen in the same "imminent threatening" light therefore is taken into custody unharmed and alive.

i know this discrepancy angers you, because it does make white privilege seem real. When the narrative constantly tells us there is no such thing as wp. Therefore we are all equal under the eyes of the law and law enforcement. However that's simply not the case and we see it everyday unfortunately.
this!

Old 03-29-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temisan Adoki View Post
I got time.
Actually I don't want to get banned because people on this board don't value black lives. I know how the mods are on here. Anybody who condemns racism is seen as a troll...I've been seeing the far right bias on here.

And as a 34 years old black man I don't want that headache. It's more constructive to argue with a brick wall.

I just don't want to see any more unarmed Black children slain by police and the officers get off...is that wrong?

Get that hate out of your heart. I'm done here.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:37 PM

Just going to say this. Everytime a young black person gunned down by police my heart dies a little each and every time. I got to send my prayers and well wishes to the Rose family. That could of been me. That could of been a family member of mine.

The white folks here will never have to think about police gunning down one of their family members for no reason. Even Robert Bowers was taken alive....why is it that white mass shooters are taken in alive more than unarmed black people?

And we can be the most upstanding citizens ever valedictorians graduates from an ivy league uni too many of yall will always want to see us as thugs and criminals. We'll never be seen as human in your eyes no matter how hard we try

Sigh.

I'm out. There's no getting through to you.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:42 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
There is literally 75 pages worth of coded (and not so coded) anti-black racism here and a complete cognitive dissonance for anything outside of the realm or pro police and pro trump so take your pick.
I think there is borderline stuff on both sides. Blackbeauty certainly showed her side and other showed theirs.

Oh there is certainly nothing wrong with begin pro police or pro Trump. To think there is something wrong with siding with the law and cheering on a current president, I think you might want to rethink that.

Anyway, it was a good balanced discussion. I enjoyed both sides as it is healthy to hear regardless if you believe in what people are saying or not. Healthy dialog.

I assumed you were a one post and done, but maybe not. Welcome.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:49 PM
gg

Quote:
Just going to say this. Everytime a young black person gunned down by police my heart dies a little each and every time. I got to send my prayers and well wishes to the Rose family. That could of been me. That could of been a family member of mine.

The white folks here will never have to think about police gunning down one of their family members for no reason. Even Robert Bowers was taken alive....why is it that white mass shooters are taken in alive more than unarmed black people?

And we can be the most upstanding citizens ever valedictorians graduates from an ivy league uni too many of yall will always want to see us as thugs and criminals. We'll never be seen as human in your eyes no matter how hard we try

Sigh.

This man died today right around here at the hands of police. He didn't kill anyone beforehand either. It can happen to anyone if they are breaking the law in a big way.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...urgh/935295126

No one cares about this guy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/u...o-arizona.html

Old 03-29-2019, 06:54 PM
gg

Quote:
At the end of the day, you probably should stick to the echo-chamber stuff. Many people are going to side with police considering these men in the car just tried to kill someone moments before. The amount of black on black murders is completely mind-blowing, yet no one seems to care about it at all. I'll never understand that, but it has been going on so long most people don't pay any attention to it anymore.

Old 03-29-2019, 07:43 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,086,102 times
Quote:
Does your heart also die a little bit every time there is a black on black murder? Just saying, because if you look at the stats those incidents are much more common than a white police officer killing a black person.

Quote:
Do you really need me to post a bunch of links of white people also being gunned down by police to convince you that's not the case at all? Something tells me that you aren't here to be convinced of anything on this topic.

Quote:
That's a hell of a generalization/stereotype of white people all holding racist beliefs if I've ever seen one. You can't stereotype white people as the same and then also get offended at white people stereotyping blacks at the same time. It's literal hypocrisy.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Does your heart also die a little bit every time there is a black on black murder? Just saying, because if you look at the stats those incidents are much more common than a white police officer killing a black person.

Do you really need me to post a bunch of links of white people also being gunned down by police to convince you that's not the case at all? Something tells me that you aren't here to be convinced of anything on this topic.

That's a hell of a generalization/stereotype of white people all holding racist beliefs if I've ever seen one. You can't stereotype white people as the same and then also get offended at white people stereotyping blacks at the same time. It's literal hypocrisy.
We got nothing to talk about.
Because if the meat and potatoes of your argument is:

-what about black on black crime? The classic racist deflection when white people don't want to confront the racist history of policing and how that's influenced by systemic racism
-racial profiling
-ignorance of disproportionate amount of black people killed by police
- yeah ofcourse more white people get shot by police, this country is majority white...that isn't a special talking point.
- and an additional "your the real racist for pointing out the existence of racism" argument

There's no point. People have been saying city data forums has become infested with racism and it's right here.

I never once said one bad word about white folks...except acknowledge the existence of white privilege and white racism...and you want to call me racist for saying so? We're not going to go anywhere with this convo. Just stew in your soft bigotry and try to learn something cause I'm not here to teach you anything.

No wonder people say this is a conservative echo chamber. I don't even understand why people try to make these old conservative white people here have a heart. It's pointless. I just wanted to say that. If you just say you hated black people and stopped with the hyperbole, coded language, and double talk. I'd respect you more. It's the notion many of you can't admit to your bigotry and try to hide it that disgusts me.

Black Lives Matter

Old 03-29-2019, 08:56 PM

Still can't believe that people that just don't tolerate the racism on city-data are referred to as trolls.

I don't even want to come back to this thread. Like what's wrong with saying you don't want to see black men, black women, black people being gunned down unarmed by police? What's wrong with saying Black people's lives matter too?

Can't believe I haven't had the SJW label thrown at me haphazardly yet...lol

And when I say Black Lives Matter...that doesnt mean your lives don't. All lives matter. But right now we live in a time where black lives have been devalued by many different entities in society. And all the white people that mess with me as a person a man a black man an African a west Indian agree with that. If you wanted a history and sociology with a side of economics lesson from me sorry...Google is your friend. For the sake of all intents and purposes and to not make what I'm saying such a lengthy read I'll just make this short.

People were getting mad at Beto O'Rourke for saying the same thing....like wtf? And Colin Kaepernick? We aren't trying to inconvenience anyone. We are just trying to live in the midst of incredible circumstances and historical disadvantage.

What's wrong with saying that Black people deserve to be treated with the same amount of dignity respect humanity and intrinsic qualities that every human being embodies?

I assure you, for every story you hear about a young black man or black woman doing wrong there are several more stories of black men and black women succeeding and being great people...but you don't want to see that. Like we're just trying to live our lives, raise our families....do you know how many Black folks out there are just trying to do that?

That's why I am SMHing at this thread right now. No other way to put it. (I did this to myself though...the other reason I avoid comment sections like Yahoo and other sites. Bound to be some stuff you'll read that will ruin your day).

Last edited by Temisan Adoki; 03-29-2019 at 09:13 PM..

Old 03-29-2019, 09:41 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Antwon Rose was not just living his life out for a Sunday drive. He was a criminal. He likely wouldn't have lived to see 20 had he escaped on the night he tried to kill another teenager. Wishing for some alternate reality doesn't change the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh