Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 02:01 PM

969 posts, read 771,911 times

Advertisements

As evidenced by the responses in this thread, they would rather be suburbanites than Pittsburghers so it's all a non-starter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 02:10 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdv8 View Post
As evidenced by the responses in this thread, they would rather be suburbanites than Pittsburghers so it's all a non-starter.
We still call ourselves Pittsburgers. Go Stiller’s!

Old 08-16-2019, 02:12 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,314 times
Quote:
I consider myself a "Pittsburgher", but I don't want to be governed by a confederacy of dunces.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
I consider myself a "Pittsburgher", but I don't want to be governed by a confederacy of dunces.
Bingo

Old 08-16-2019, 02:23 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times
For the record I didn’t include Upper St. Clair (or Bridgeville, or The Fayettes, or Pleasant Hills, or McCandless, or Ben Avon, etc.) because the list is only assuming the city annexed communities it actually borders.

Also, to me the suburbanites are still culturally Pittsburghers—they just need to learn that Bill Peduto isn’t their mayor, and, as such, they shouldn’t have a say in legislation that affects city residents.

I mean the borough council president of Blawnox could propose legislation to make it illegal to fart within borough limits. I like to fart. As such, I would just avoid going to Blawnox. Similarly if bike lanes trigger suburbanites so much they can just elect not to use them, no?

Old 08-16-2019, 02:56 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,957,035 times
Quote:
But they want to tell everyone they live in Pittsburgh.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
But they want to tell everyone they live in Pittsburgh.
Only when someone asks and doesn’t know the exact area. Everyone knows Pittsburgh, however. You can mostly thank the Stiller’s for that.

After all, it’s not like Pittsburgh is some elite city that most would be impressed by.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:11 PM

615 posts, read 393,867 times
Quote:
What would be the benefits to merging with the city? Other than padding population numbers.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
For the record I didn’t include Upper St. Clair (or Bridgeville, or The Fayettes, or Pleasant Hills, or McCandless, or Ben Avon, etc.) because the list is only assuming the city annexed communities it actually borders.

Also, to me the suburbanites are still culturally Pittsburghers—they just need to learn that Bill Peduto isn’t their mayor, and, as such, they shouldn’t have a say in legislation that affects city residents.

I mean the borough council president of Blawnox could propose legislation to make it illegal to fart within borough limits. I like to fart. As such, I would just avoid going to Blawnox. Similarly if bike lanes trigger suburbanites so much they can just elect not to use them, no?
Could you give an example of this happening?

Old 08-16-2019, 05:51 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,916,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Could you give an example of this happening?
Not sure if you are on it, but spend 20 seconds on Twitter. There is one guy from California who habitually comments on his hatred for the mayor and the direction he wants to take the city. There was a woman the other day from Norwin, aptly named Karen, who was complaining the mayor of Pittsburgh wasn’t out in Beaver County to see the president at the Shell plant. How dare the Mayor of Pittsburgh not go to an event in another county. Heck was he even invited? Probably not. The complaints about the mayor and how the city are run are usually lodged by those who don’t live in the city. The city residents, his consitutents, continue to vote for him and are overall supportive on most things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh