Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 11:27 AM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
Did you fly to a high risk country or are you just exercising extra caution?

No, it was domestic - we are just being very cautious due to the sheer amount of people that came from high risk countries that were in the airport with us at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 02:03 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
there is a creepy vibe wherever you go. as if people have just disappeared.

like depeche mode instructed - "enjoy the silence", i guess.

one good thing - Oakland is a breeze. I drove from Shadyside to the South Side SLopes in less than 20 minutes last weekend.

but really, its like a ghost town.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:14 PM

3,110 posts, read 2,918,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

one good thing - Oakland is a breeze. I drove from Shadyside to the South Side SLopes in less than 20 minutes last weekend.

True but a lot more daytime dog walkers and walkers in general at least in my area. My dog is loving this multiple dog walks per day.

Old 03-18-2020, 02:35 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,999 times
North Park was pretty crowded this afternoon

Old 03-18-2020, 03:42 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

Weird how different things can be in the same county. I ran over to McKnight area today @2pm to pick up a drone I bought and it was just as busy as any other day. Food places were the only real difference, a few people coming and going. I guess walkable areas would see it more since hard to distance in those situations.

Old 03-18-2020, 03:44 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
North Park was pretty crowded this afternoon

Did you say hi to my wife and daughter??? They took the dog for a hike today, they said the same.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:34 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
No social distancing for me.

We’re “non-essential” (city government workers), but since our superiors never had a telework plan in place we can’t telework. I’m still walking to the T and taking it for free to my office since I can’t afford to drive to the office and pay to park. I take every measure possible to sit by myself, but someone always manages to find it possible to come sit near me during the PM rush.

Our office has taken zero steps to distance us socially. It is what it is. I’ve already resigned myself to the fact that I WILL contract this. That’s fine. I have three weeks of PTO accrued.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:51 PM

755 posts, read 472,738 times
The domestic cat community is on high alert for the likelihood of enhanced human engagement. Our cat is seriously questioning this new normal. Like "why are these people here"; "read the contract: this is MY realm between 7am and 5pm"; "get the hell out of here . . . Now!". And that's just after 3 days with both of us home.

I am a non-digital native, so I am checking in with a handful of friends and family I am close with by text, call and email. Other than that we are completely self-isolating except for long walks and chats with passers-by and neighbors.

Old 03-18-2020, 07:02 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Barker View Post
The domestic cat community is on high alert for the likelihood of enhanced human engagement. Our cat is seriously questioning this new normal. Like "why are these people here"; "read the contract: this is MY realm between 7am and 5pm"; "get the hell out of here . . . Now!". .
love it! you think he will get those claws out next time you try to get cutesy and pet him? *SLASH*....

Old 03-18-2020, 08:16 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,156,239 times
I had to go into the office the last three days, but starting tomorrow I will be working from home. Fortunately, our cubicles are pretty large and a lot of people were already working from home, so I didn't have much concern about contracting anything. I went to get my takeout at the taco place here in Bellevue at 6:45, and it felt very weird with how few people were out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh