Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 06:10 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
Yeah, I only stayed at North Park for about 15 minutes. It was ridiculously crowded (and colder than I expected anyway).

Yeah nice day (it was a little chilly) and a weekend, kinda figured so I played around the house and the wife/daughter took the dog around our area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2020, 06:16 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,750,085 times
Kinda unavoidable. I’m a trucker, so at the very least, I interact with public toilets. Sometimes have to do more. I’ve taken to wearing gloves, carrying hand sanitizer in my pocket, and am going through my spray disinfectant at an alarming rate. I wish I had wipes so, so badly.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Kinda unavoidable. I’m a trucker, so at the very least, I interact with public toilets. Sometimes have to do more. I’ve taken to wearing gloves, carrying hand sanitizer in my pocket, and am going through my spray disinfectant at an alarming rate. I wish I had wipes so, so badly.
Thanks for keeping things moving. I've worked with a good amount of truckers over the years, that is a hard job especially if long hauls.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Thanks for keeping things moving. I've worked with a good amount of truckers over the years, that is a hard job especially if long hauls.
I appreciate that a lot.

On the upside, no traffic! Amazing how efficiently I can use my hours.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I appreciate that a lot.

Yeah I always try to make space, I know it's not easy merging and turning. Keep safe.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:12 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,042,525 times
My family has been pretty socially isolated, but it seems like every day there's like one or two things that happen that mean I have to leave the house.

Tonight I had to stop by the office in the evening to see if the auto-feeder for the fish was working. I'm glad I stopped in, because it wasn't. The food was dumping as was intended, but a lily pad had grown directly over the spot the food had dropped, meaning the fish hadn't gotten food for several days. It's been fixed now. Then on the way home I needed to pump gas. Still, didn't see anyone other than the security guard when I signed in, and washed my hands like five times, so I think it will be fine.

Old 03-22-2020, 08:14 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,395,235 times
Quote:
I appreciate that a lot.

I was talking to a ups driver, he said his 10 hour day is now 7 or 8 while delivering more packages.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
My family has been pretty socially isolated, but it seems like every day there's like one or two things that happen that mean I have to leave the house.

Tonight I had to stop by the office in the evening to see if the auto-feeder for the fish was working. I'm glad I stopped in, because it wasn't. The food was dumping as was intended, but a lily pad had grown directly over the spot the food had dropped, meaning the fish hadn't gotten food for several days. It's been fixed now. Then on the way home I needed to pump gas. Still, didn't see anyone other than the security guard when I signed in, and washed my hands like five times, so I think it will be fine.

I filled up the other day I was out so I wouldnt need to worry about it. I paid $1.99, I can't remember the last time I paid under $2.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:46 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,161,058 times
My wife, kids, and I have been at home for a week now, with me only leaving twice in that span (once for food, once to get my phone repaired). Other than going to a showing at a house (touching nothing) last Saturday with our relator, who kept 6 feet from my wife and I at all times, and a subsequent trip to Trader Joe’s, we actually haven’t been out since Tuesday, March 10.

Each time I took precautions as best I could, including wearing a covering on my nose and mouth and wearing gloves at the grocery and sanitizing everything (grocery packaging, clothes, and shoes) when I got home). I was a little more open at the phone repair since I only encountered one person, but I still didn’t touch any door handles with my bare hands and sanitized my phone upon getting it back. We do still go for walks and play in the back yard or on the deck with the kids, but that’s about it.

From what I hear, I am taking this more seriously than many of my close friends and family. I just hope when the inevitable shelter in place order is issued, that I’m not precluded from visiting friends and neighbors who have isolated themselves with equal rigor. Our plan is that once we hit the two week mark, expanding our circle to a few others who have taken equal precaution makes sense, assuming none of us exhibit symptoms of illness.

It is very frustrating to hear that people aren’t taking this seriously. All this means to me is it will be longer before things return to something that looks more like normal.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I was talking to a ups driver, he said his 10 hour day is now 7 or 8 while delivering more packages.
I can fully believe it. Even places not on lockdown seem to be a lot more empty. Kudos! Unfortunately, if anyone is gonna be a new vector, it’s me (us truckers). I just simply assume I already have it, and that I’ll burn that bridge when I come to it. I have the sanitizing things, and my company is trying to divert us from hotspots...but...I’m sorry in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh