Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2020, 09:32 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,612,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
You said “super close”. I would have said “getting nearer” if I were you and had wanted to make the nuanced point you were making in your response. I don’t think the guidelines are stupid, I don’t think the developers of them are stupid - heck, I don’t think university chancellors making contingency plans for fall are stupid - but I do think people are reading nuanced responses and painting them in black and white whenit’s not called for.
Not getting nearer, but rather already there.

Excess hospital capacity plus decreasing case number trend line for 14 days.

Take the data in this thread, put it in Excel and plot it. The conclusion is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 09:48 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,132,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
Not getting nearer, but rather already there.

Excess hospital capacity plus decreasing case number trend line for 14 days.

Take the data in this thread, put it in Excel and plot it. The conclusion is clear.

I work with a lot of disaster response at the federal level, there had been so many temporary hospitals spun up and also in the process of being planned across the US. I think it was the right thing to do but at this point most of them sit empty and planned ones are on pause. Many are talking about packing them back up as the surge isnt near what was predicted even taking into account the shut downs. Its a good thing.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:12 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
So are we going to ease restrictions on May 1st? Or are we stuck with the beloved northeast region that so many people on here want pittsburgh to be a part of?

Co workers of mine said the Wisconsin governor is easing restrictions on April 24th. It’s looking like the Midwest will be the first region to open. Ohio is apparently starting May 1st. Maybe pa is going to be delayed longer and Pittsburgh with it? Otherwise Ohio wouldn’t have closed all eastern border county liquor stores to pa residents?

We need to lift now. This is what sucks about being in Pennsylvania. What’s good for Philly is good for Pittsburgh. It’s gonna set us back more. Plus Peduto is saying the city is going to be in really bad shape the next five years. What a mess this is....

Old 04-17-2020, 10:55 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Allegheny population: Over 1.2 million
Coronavirus cases: 950ish and most likely half are already over it. Also, from other studies there probably has been around 5 times those cases rolling through undetected, because this thing isn't all that big of a deal for anyone healthy. If you aren't healthy or are older, just stay home. Healthy, people should get back at it. The question is, what are we doing? Why not get back to work, wear a mask and keep everything clean especially your hands. Don't tough your face. Is all this really that hard? Goodness. I don't think bars and restaurants need to be going full blast because you can't wear a mask while eating or drinking, but that is about it. Get the economy going again other than that industry and people will get takeout.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
So are we going to ease restrictions on May 1st? Or are we stuck with the beloved northeast region that so many people on here want pittsburgh to be a part of?

Being part of the northeast region is not a matter of want, we've had this discussion before. It is an already defined and accepted area which PA is part of.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:31 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Mid-Atlantic

Old 04-17-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Mid-Atlantic
Yes which is part of the Northeast.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:36 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,056,374 times
ok, geniuses - what about international flights? what about people coming and going through the metro area who do NOT use preventative measures such as masks.

what IF there were another flare-up elsewhere - will people from that place be forbidden to arrive at Pgh International or the bus terminal?

what if there is a significant outbreak in another country - will we ban travel to and from that place?

there are so many details that are out of the control of local leaders that you haven't considered.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:36 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knepper3 View Post
Being part of the northeast region is not a matter of want, we've had this discussion before. It is an already defined and accepted area which PA is part of.
Bingo

Old 04-17-2020, 11:37 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Mid-Atlantic sounds cooler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh