Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2023, 05:27 PM

369 posts, read 465,101 times

Advertisements

EOS wins federal loan that will dramatically expand Mon Valley operations

"A federal loan commitment announced late Thursday will power a $500 million expansion for Turtle Creek battery manufacturer Eos Energy Enterprises Inc., and will create a potential 650 more jobs in the Mon Valley making clean-energy storage.

Eos (Nasdaq: EOSE) said it had won a $398.6 million conditional loan guarantee from the U.S. Department of Energy. The loan, if approved, would provide 80% of the company’s expansion plans to scale up its zinc-battery manufacturing operations that already employ about 300 at a former Westinghouse Electric facility in Turtle Creek."

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...ly-expand.html

Last edited by PITairport; 08-31-2023 at 05:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2023, 05:38 PM

369 posts, read 465,101 times
Default Sources: Xylem commits to doubling size of Evoqua research facility at Tech Forge in Lawrenceville

"On the heels of closing on its buy of downtown-based Evoqua Water Technologies in the spring, Washington, D.C.-based Xylem Inc. (NYSE: XYL) has reached a deal to double the size of the company's sustainability and innovation hub at the Tech Forge in Lawrenceville, sources indicate.

After Evoqua opened the new research facility in the Lawrenceville building about two years ago, initially taking 18,000 square feet, the newly combined company has opted to take the remaining 19,000 square feet in the tech flex building.
"

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...enceville.html

Old 10-04-2023, 12:01 PM

14,356 posts, read 17,096,760 times
Walnut Capital is pivoting its rehab of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association from office space to condos.

I honestly think this is a much better use for the building than office space. There's absolutely demand for high-end apartment-style living in Oakland which has been unmet.

Old 10-04-2023, 08:42 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,062,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
Walnut Capital is pivoting its rehab of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association from office space to condos.

I honestly think this is a much better use for the building than office space. There's absolutely demand for high-end apartment-style living in Oakland which has been unmet.
Sure is a beautiful building. Very cool fireplaces in there. So glad they aren't going to tear it down. I used to go to some events there sometimes. Very nice.

Old 10-05-2023, 10:08 AM
gg

Other than the skyscraper going up, is there anything going on in that Lower Hill District development? Is it still a parking lot?

Old 10-05-2023, 10:28 AM

14,356 posts, read 17,096,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Other than the skyscraper going up, is there anything going on in that Lower Hill District development? Is it still a parking lot?
I haven't driven up there in awhile, but I think the answer is no.

The next project will undoubtedly be the new concert venue, which is towards the center of the site. It has passed the Planning Commission and everything, so it just needs full financing to clear in order to get built.

There are plans for the next phase to involve apartment buildings along Crawford Street, but I have seen nothing other than some vague renderings for years now.

There's a lot of construction right now in Uptown. I took a bus this morning from Oakland to Downtown, and saw:

1. Steel frame going up just past the Birmingham bridge (I think this is another mixed-income apartment).

2. Site prep for the new apartments by Fifth/Dinwiddie.

3. Construction wrapping on the new UPMC Mercy wing.

4. Cranes for the construction of the new Duquense building (the med school).

Plenty of other things are still in the works as well, including two more apartment buildings and a new Duquense dorm.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:41 AM
gg

Think I will put this here since it is potentially more development. DR Horton the nations largest homebuilder is coming to Pittsburgh. It will be interesting if they can actually get anything going here. I always feel there is so much corruption. I wish some giant builder would take over a ton of land in the Hill and get that area going a little. There is land in Pittsburgh for sure. Hope they are successful here as it is good for everyone.

https://www.post-gazette.com/busines...burgh%20region.

Old 10-06-2023, 10:45 AM

408 posts, read 235,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
There will be a Live Nation Venue getting built, the garage will be done by October of 2024 and venue in November of 2025. This is at the former civic arena site.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...ic-arena-site#

Old 10-06-2023, 10:46 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITairport View Post
EOS wins federal loan that will dramatically expand Mon Valley operations

"A federal loan commitment announced late Thursday will power a $500 million expansion for Turtle Creek battery manufacturer Eos Energy Enterprises Inc., and will create a potential 650 more jobs in the Mon Valley making clean-energy storage.

Eos (Nasdaq: EOSE) said it had won a $398.6 million conditional loan guarantee from the U.S. Department of Energy. The loan, if approved, would provide 80% of the company’s expansion plans to scale up its zinc-battery manufacturing operations that already employ about 300 at a former Westinghouse Electric facility in Turtle Creek."

https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...ly-expand.html
I don't know how I missed this, but wow that is pretty huge. Keep those jobs coming.

Old 10-06-2023, 11:29 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,724,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
There will be a Live Nation Venue getting built, the garage will be done by October of 2024 and venue in November of 2025. This is at the former civic arena site.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...ic-arena-site#
The Civic Arena was a nice historic venue, but the city historically has little/no appreciation for history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh