Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 04:18 AM

30 posts, read 29,473 times

Advertisements

Jesus doesn't let you beat your wife for cheating ?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:01 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Easy: No matter what many liberals say, America is founded on Christian principles. As such, Christianity is front and center no matter where they go, no matter what they see, no matter what they do. Islam is not. Instead of embracing it, they choose to defile it. It makes no sense to defile Islam. They're not worried about Allah. What they ARE (secretly) worried about is Jesus and his proclamation that he will return to reclaim those that have believed in him. So, rather than believe in him, they defile him. What better way to show your allegiance to "Freedom of Religion" than to openly claim that you have none? Going out in a blaze of glory is appealing to those types. The last laugh will be on them.
What the United States is founded in clearly defined in the Constitution

If you want to practice Christianity, then knock yourself out. Your right to do so is protected under the First Amendment.

If you want to practice Islam, then knock yourself out. Your right to do so is protected under the First Amendment.

But you don't have the right to stop another person from practicing their religion. That is clearly defined in the First Amendment.

You also don't have the right to impose other people how they should live. That is also clearly defined in the First Amendment.

The problem is many Christians feel they have right to impose their religious beliefs on others in large part because they are the largest religious group in the country.

The other part of the problem is that some Christians somehow believe that they are “More American” than other people based on their religion. There is NO religious component to American citizenship. If more Christian could respect the rights of other Americans no matter what their religious beliefs we wouldn’t have these religious based controversies.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I think its because most liberals have a form of self hatred. Most White liberals grow up in Xtian households.
It makes you wonder what is it about growing up in a White Christian household that would make a person so adamantly against Christianity?

Maybe it’s the amount of hypocrisy that they seen?

Old 08-25-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Simple.

Christians will forgive you and Muslims will kill you.
Most of the people lynching Black Americans in the 19th and 20th century were Christians.

The Bosnians Serbs that killed about 8,000 Bosnian Muslims in Srebrenica. It estimated that Bosnian Serbs killed about 25,000 to 30,000 Bosnian Muslims. The Bosnian Serbs were Christians.

Let’s not fall into the trap of believing that Muslims are the only one’s capable of brutal killings.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
Liberals (most) are for the underdog. Liberals are a cause waiting for a fight; logic has nothing to do with it. I do disagree with your comment about Atheist; Atheist or mostly logical people and usually don't go out of their way to fight religion. I think the Atheist you refer to (anti-theist) are really a newer breed of religious folks that fall in line to protest or support whatever religion they feel will bring them the most attention. In my opinion a lot of liberal folks are "cause shifters" because they rarely show any consistency in their plight. IE; some liberals are "anti-oil" but throw up huge barriers to newer energies.
My point is, for a lot of liberals, damming Christians and exalting Muslims is the fad of the time.
Not all liberals are this way but like conservatives, a few bad apples give the appearance of a spoiler barrel.

FYI, I’m a pro choice, Agnostic conservative.
In most cases liberals are for equal rights for ALL people. Conservatives tend to believe that certain privileged classes exist in a society either based in race, religion or financial wealth and they seek to protect those classes.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
IMO most liberals are total cowards. They would rather give this country away than defend it. Mock a Christian and they turn the other cheek. Mock Islam and they hunt you down. Liberals don't know how to handle that.
Then comparatively speaking most conservatives are tyrants. They would rather impose their beliefs on others by any means necessary including deception, media manipulation and violence than to let people live freely and to respect the rights of others.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:42 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Then comparatively speaking most conservatives are tyrants. They would rather impose their beliefs on others by any means necessary including deception, media manipulation and violence than to let people live freely and to respect the rights of others.
I was watching southpark last night, and the episode had a portion where the catholic church was really run by the queen spider, that all the bishops/priests were in favor of pedophelia except the priest from south park, and also st. peters basilica gets destroyed. No death threats.

Draw pictures of mohammed as a teddy bear, get death threats.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Thinking (or rather not thinking) in binary describes this phenomenon perfectly.
There are a lot of conservatives that are reacting to demographic changes in American society with fear, ignornace, hatred and bigotry.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We are a nation of free people that have created a government untainted by any religion. I like it that way.
Cosigned!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 AM

30 posts, read 29,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
I think they are scared that Muslims will hurt / kill them. Christians just don't suicide bomb .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies