Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:06 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,915 times

Advertisements

I think its because most liberals have a form of self hatred. Most White liberals grow up in Xtian households.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:06 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,321,875 times
Religion is poison. All of them. That said I object to Islam more then most due to the inherent violence of it and the violence of so many of its adherents.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:13 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
Really? Even the Christian liberals?

Yes, they exist--who else would feed the hungry, and clothe the naked? Not conservatives who say, "This is MY money."

Old 06-13-2010, 11:14 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Keyword being some, most of you are not, that or, the anti-Christian wing of the left is extremely loud and vocal about their hatred. Why don't you speak up about the Muslim-bias that the left harbors?

Simple.

Christians will forgive you and Muslims will kill you.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
We don't hate either.

Some conservative Christians hate Islam though. Remember the Rep. from VA who said after Keith Ellison's election to congress that "many more" Muslims would be elected to congress?

And if Conservatives aren't hand and hand with Christianity, why does it matter? I thought you guys were saying your movement was multi-cultural.

Yeah, but I'm rubber and you're glue...

Conservative Christians seem to have a better understanding of the dangers of allowing wholesale migration of people dedicated to the creation Islamic governments and even a worldwide Islamic state into our free society. Islam and our form of Constitutional self-governance are simply incompatible. Even Muslims will tell you that.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Really? Even the Christian liberals?

Yes, they exist--who else would feed the hungry, and clothe the naked? Not conservatives who say, "This is MY money."
Yes this is MY money, not the government's, and I will do with it as I see fit, if that includes donating it. We conservatives CHOOSE to be charitable, liberals FORCE us to be charitable, huge difference. Anyway this is straying off topic. What's your opinion, on the FACT that atheists always want to confront Christianity but rarely do so to Muslims? And stay on topic, we wouldn't want you to start deflecting now do we?

Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Perhaps the God they don't believe in is the Christian God? And that even Christians don't believe in Allah? I don't know, I'm not an atheist.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:32 AM

So far not a single liberal has "hated Christianity but loved Islam" nor have I ever met a single one who did (and I know a lot of people who are liberals) so I am left wondering (actually, believing) that this is just yet another right wing slander. Don't you folks ever get tired of constructing stawmen you can't even knock down?

Old 06-14-2010, 05:59 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me

Do you have a link or news video? Could the silence be that it was NOT nationally reported?

Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 AM

I believe, as is typical of dumb right wingers, he is claiming that people demanding the Constitution be upheld so that the government not endorse any religion is some how an attack upon Christianity. The problem is he is so ill educated and writes so poorly he cannot articulate that argument for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies