Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM

615 posts, read 545,591 times

Advertisements

This is easy to answer, it is because Christians have turned Christianity into apolitical secular humanist hippy fest. Modern day Christianity doesn't stand for anything, it has forsaken all Christian ideals to appear more acceptable to the modern world, this has caused people to not respect it and made it an easy target. Historical Christianity was against many of the stuff liberals are for today, like homosexuality, abortion, etc.; now the Christians accept these things. Christianity is weak, and weak people and institutions are attacked.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This is easy to answer, it is because Christians have turned Christianity into apolitical secular humanist hippy fest. Modern day Christianity doesn't stand for anything, it has forsaken all Christian ideals to appear more acceptable to the modern world, this has caused people to not respect it and made it an easy target. Historical Christianity was against many of the stuff liberals are for today, like homosexuality, abortion, etc.; now the Christians accept these things. Christianity is weak, and weak people and institutions are attacked.
And that is why IMO, a liberal Christian is a walking contradiction. Christianity is dying in Europe and it's trying to liberalize its image to try to appeal to more people and it's not working.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This is easy to answer, it is because Christians have turned Christianity into apolitical secular humanist hippy fest.
No, athiests did that.

Quote:
Modern day Christianity doesn't stand for anything, it has forsaken all Christian ideals to appear more acceptable to the modern world, this has caused people to not respect it and made it an easy target.
You would prefer an eye for an eye to be taken literally?

Do you have the same issue with "modern JEWS?" Those who don't keep the blood lines pure as they should? What about modern Hasidics? Who not only hide their own when they screw up but, send them on a trip to Isreal (real quick) to hide the Jew who was drunk and drove over a mom of 7? It's all good as long as they ain't standing up for anything historical in the US? Like, stuff that happened before you were born? Like, the history of this country?

Quote:
Historical Christianity was against many of the stuff liberals are for today, like homosexuality, abortion, etc.;
And no OTHER religion is? Historically...and all?

Quote:
now the Christians accept these things. Christianity is weak, and weak people and institutions are attacked.
Accept WHAT? Exactly.

Modern day Christianity CAN'T stand for anything b/c everyone else, from muslims to witches to agnostics to athiests HATE Christianity. They have made it very clear. Just like you did in the above.

People LIKE YOU have put forth some movement to strip Christianity of anything that IS good. Not to mention hating anything that has to do with a belief in God AND Jesus from the day that dinosaurs gave birth to humans.

But, lets hug a Muslim, b/c he might be a keeper! Let's tell kids who wear crosses around their neck in public school that it's unacceptable while the muslim kid gets to wear his/her head gear.

Let me enlighten you Grasshopper: there are plenty of Christians who do not shoot up an abortion clinic... and plenty of Christians who are FAR LESS scary than the rest of your junk implications and one too many anti- Christian-ish people supporting the truly WEAK people : the weak who'd rather bow down to welfare and live off of it...have 10 kids while living off of it, the weak who do drugs or get drunk on a daily basis because their mommy was mean to them, or the weak soccer moms who can't get through a day without their "happy pills" (the HORROR of saying NO to a kid) or the weak who think trees and spiders speak to them (all in the name of Wicca) or the weak who think they've got a lot of virgins waiting for them after they kill a bunch of other human adults and babies...

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-14-2010 at 10:39 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 10:48 PM

615 posts, read 545,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And that is why IMO, a liberal Christian is a walking contradiction. Christianity is dying in Europe and it's trying to liberalize its image to try to appeal to more people and it's not working.
Yep, I grew up a Catholic, and at one time the Catholic Church taught all non Catholics were damned to hell. Now they aren't so sure. When you claim to have a divine religion you can't change its ideals to fit within a society, society changes to get inline with the religion. The Church in Europe and the USA support even support illegal immigration, which is open borders, a liberal cause.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,668 times
For much the same reason liberals loved communism and preferred its (violent) Utopian promise....because they suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome. Any enemy of America is the liberals friend....When communism evaporated collapsed under it's own utterly unsustainable weight liberals drifted until they "joined" ie were cultivated....to follow and support islam....They are weak minded people who grasp at fleeting power and nurture in themselves and each other the most childish ego-centric "reality" seeking only to rationalize their weird and contrived views and existence.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:51 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,006,384 times
Quote:
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me
I am an atheist and have absolutely no problem with Christianity. What I do have a problem with are people claiming to be Christian, acting as though they are better than anybody else, but who do things I would never in a million years do. Christians who claim a label and have no apparent understanding of Christian principles.

I grew up surrounded by Islam and you are right, I have absolutely no problem with it. What I do have a problem with are people claiming to be Muslims, acting as though they are better than anybody else, but who do things I would never in a million years do. Muslims who claim a label and have no apparent understanding of Islamic principles.

I cannot stand extremists who want to forcibly impose their own views onto others or those who "join" a belief system only to make themselves feel better than others - whether they are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, or anything else.

Quite frankly, your premise is stupid - I am neither liberal nor conservative. My endorsement of policies is related to what I think is best for the country and its people - it is not related to my religious beliefs of my beliefs about religion. I do not automatically endorse whatever any political orientation argues. I thought that was one of the premises of our free society: Freedom of and from religion - and that includes Christianity and Islam. I have reasons to like either, and I have reasons to dislike either. A separation of church and state also allows me a separation of political attitudes and religion. I, for one, understand that premise - are you still living in the dark ages?

I don't care about crosses, foot baths, or that my Coke is kosher - why am I subjected to any of it? Similarly, why is only one group allowed to subject me to their standards and others not? These days, "believers" of any creed are more concerned with racking up points on a score card of "best belief system" ever - rather than with fulfilling the ideals their religion stands for.

I wish people like you (and so many posters on this thread) would stop making others who think differently into an enemy - it is so simple minded. The constant bickering of "you are liberal and therefore you are evil and anti-American" and "you are conservative and therefore you are short-sighted and egotistical" does nothing other than distract from ever tackling any issue - see politics in recent years.

Crap like this makes me sick!

Last edited by vamos; 06-15-2010 at 12:07 AM..

Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 AM

59 posts, read 149,840 times
Sure is bigot in here.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:08 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
Everywhere I see, atheists are fighting to take down Chrisitian specifics symbols from public places, but when Muslim cabbies in Kansas City and Muslim students in universities want specially designed foot baths to be installed in public places, all we hear is deafening silence from the left? Why is it ok for you lefties to bash us Christians on TV, make fun of Jesus and God, but don't dare do the same to Allah or Muhammad? Why? Someone explain to me

I think they both suck.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times
Liberals oppose extremists. They don't oppose Christians; they oppose Evangelicals. Evangelicals are the Christian version of the Taliban so they aren't opposing all Christians just the extremists. Likewise, there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. The vast majority of them are peace loving. Why should they indict an entire religion because of the action of some idiots. You don't hear liberals indicting all of Christianity because of what the KKK and Nazis did.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
LOL..what?

FYI, it's perfectly alright and encouraged to make fun of Allah and Muhammad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies