Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:22 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Good answer . Why do I hate mother earth? Well I don't you see. I hate those who are destroying her.
And yet you put your own personal well being ahead of Gaia.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And yet you put your own personal well being ahead of Gaia.......
No I just really don't have a choice. It is not logical to return to the stone age in this day and age, and because I am not financially capable at the moment, I can't run out to buy a volt. I use recycled paper and paper products, and use glass rather than plastic. I am about to donate my car to charity and start walking to school (even though it is about 20 miles). What else do you suppose I do on an almost nothing budget?

Edit: Also what about you (as asked in my other post) are you a flaming hypocrite? Do you like reckless government spending? Do you support the war overseas? Do you support the drug war here? Are you against socialized medicine? Do you support medicare and medicaid?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:28 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Buying carbon offsets is a joke. You pay someone to plant a tree for you. Why don't you just go out and plant a tree yourself?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Buying carbon offsets is a joke. You pay someone to plant a tree for you. Why don't you just go out and plant a tree yourself?
Exactly my point through this entire thread. Some people just trying to make an easy buck.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:32 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Well you see, I would, if I wasn't a poor college student . Unfortunately, I won't be able to even pay for my car insurance soon so I will be donating my car to charity.
Oh, so you're willing to pay for carbon credits, when you can't afford to actually do it... Gotcha.

Be sure to come back and find this thread after you're out in the real world, earning a living. As the title suggests, I want to know if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, and so far, the answer from you is, "no."

Old 06-15-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Oh, so you're willing to pay for carbon credits, when you can't afford to actually do it... Gotcha.

Be sure to come back and find this thread after you're out in the real world, earning a living. As the title suggests, I want to know if you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, and so far, the answer from you is, "no."
Well the little money I do have I will put towards planting a tree or two. You didn't say in your thread title "ready to put your 50 grand where your mouth is?" you said "ready to put your money where your mouth is?" so that is my money. Sorry you don't like it.

Also, I like how you believe, college students who are paying their way through college and have loans over there head, aren't living in the real world. I am earning a living for myself, thank you very much, I just don't have extra cash to spend. The people who live paycheck to paycheck in THE REAL WORLD, are they not living in the real world anymore. Is the real world only for those who are well off and can afford whatever they want?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Also what about you (as asked in my other post) are you a flaming hypocrite?
Flaming,no....but we are all hypocrites in some way.

Quote:
Do you like reckless government spending?
Only if I directly benefit.

Quote:
Do you support the war overseas?
Which war?

Quote:
Do you support the drug war here?
No,as long as I do not pay for you in any way,please don't let me stop you from dying of an overdose.
Quote:
Are you against socialized medicine?
Aren't you?Surely you don't think others should pay for you?
Quote:
Do you support medicare and medicaid?
No.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yea! why does he hate mother Earth?? I think anyone who loves mother earth should send me $100 to plant a tree on my 10 acres!
I think its a nice offer Ferd, I'm thinking of sending you $100.00 bucks and some seeds. You need to keep the female and male plants no more than 2 ft apart, even male plants need company. These are herbaceous annuals and pretty easy to care for. Eight to ten hours of sun and just a little watering. By the end of September early October you Ferd won't have a economy problem. Fedx me some buds once in awhile since they are good for my glaucoma or cataracts or whatever I have. Not only would you be helping the Earth but the cost of this medication has been getting expensive the past ten years you would be helping a fellow american.

Screw trees, plant cannabis.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I think its a nice offer Ferd, I'm thinking of sending you $100.00 bucks and some seeds. You need to keep the female and male plants no more than 2 ft apart, even male plants need company. These are herbaceous annuals and pretty easy to care for. Eight to ten hours of sun and just a little watering. By the end of September early October you Ferd won't have a economy problem. Fedx me some buds once in awhile since they are good for my glaucoma or cataracts or whatever I have. Not only would you be helping the Earth but the cost of this medication has been getting expensive the past ten years you would be helping a fellow american.

Screw trees, plant cannabis.
LOL...it IS the biggest cash crop in Kentucky I am told....

Old 06-15-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Flaming,no....but we are all hypocrites in some way. Do you consider me a flaming hypocrite because I am doing all I can but can't go out and do as much as I want because of my budget?

Only if I directly benefit.

Which war? Any war.

No,as long as I do not pay for you in any way,please don't let me stop you from dying of an overdose. So your fine with all the druggies running around on our streets, destroying our society?

Aren't you?Surely you don't think others should pay for you? No I don't expect others to pay for me, I pay my taxes. I do hope that we are not such a self centered country though to where we let those who are unable to afford there own care go to hell.

No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies