Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:35 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's not about what I like or dislike. It's about what you said. Here - I'll recap for you:

Now you're backtracking, saying that you would "plant a tree or two." That's not what I asked, and it's not what you said you would do. You specifically said that you would buy carbon offsets if you could...
Key part of the phrase in bold. But because I can't afford it now I suppose I should have said "but instead because of my financial limitations I will plant a tree or two. I do the best I can with what I have. If anyone asks anymore of anyone then I see that as unreasonable. You can't build a house with a few sticks."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 03:38 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Is buying carbon credits before you pollute the same as buying your wife flowers and jewelry, before you cheat on her?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:54 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Errr what does this have to do with anything? Again how do I know this person will even plant anything? Just have faith in my common man. You feel confident that he would send you some buds because you gave him 100 dollars . Get real. He will ********* over the second he has the green in his hand and you would have no one to blame but yourself for throwing away your hard earned money on someone who has no reputation.
Lets say cannabis becomes legal in November where Ferd lives, he's got a head start on the competition on how to care for such plants. If Ferd harvested just 3 acres of that plant he would be rich and my 100 dollars would be a small price to pay. At some point he would send me some buds just as a thank you. Its the American way.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Lets say cannabis becomes legal in November where Ferd lives, he's got a head start on the competition on how to care for such plants. If Ferd harvested just 3 acres of that plant he would be rich and my 100 dollars would be a small price to pay. At some point he would send me some buds just as a thank you. Its the American way.
Yeaaa. No. The American way is me, me, me, and ********* (not you james just part of what the american way is). It ALWAYS about the bottom line when it comes to what americans choose to do ALWAYS.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
I don't have an android, but I plant trees to offset. In any case, my carbon footprint is about 1/5 the average American's. You all should be paying me.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I don't have an android, but I plant trees to offset. In any case, my carbon footprint is about 1/5 the average American's. You all should be paying me.
You've probably generated more "carbon pollution" traveling between "Boston via Atlanta, London, Iceland, and Mexico" than I have in my entire life. Should I give you the address to send the check now, or do you want to hit a few more countries, first?

The wackiness of this thread is very illustrative of just how wacky the whole "carbon credit" nonsense is...

The application I cited to start the thread is interesting, and I may install it after they get it back in the Market, but not so I can send them money. I'm as interested as anybody in using less fuel and otherwise conserving energy, but the primary reason (note to greenies: not the ONLY reason) is to save money. Why would I go to the trouble of tailoring my lifestyle to save money, just to turn around and send what I saved to someone else? I already make regular charitable contributions to organizations that I feel are worthy - I'm not about to drop dollars into some ethereal "green hole" to be spent as the receivers of that money see fit.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You've probably generated more "carbon pollution" traveling between "Boston via Atlanta, London, Iceland, and Mexico" than I have in my entire life. Should I give you the address to send the check now, or do you want to hit a few more countries, first?

The wackiness of this thread is very illustrative of just how wacky the whole "carbon credit" nonsense is...

The application I cited to start the thread is interesting, and I may install it after they get it back in the Market, but not so I can send them money. I'm as interested as anybody in using less fuel and otherwise conserving energy, but the primary reason (note to greenies: not the ONLY reason) is to save money. Why would I go to the trouble of tailoring my lifestyle to save money, just to turn around and send what I saved to someone else? I already make regular charitable contributions to organizations that I feel are worthy - I'm not about to drop dollars into some ethereal "green hole" to be spent as the receivers of that money see fit.
So all the people here chastising the "green energy evangelists" for not doing everything possible (even if they can't afford it) to save the planet, asking us why we hate mother earth, Do you guys hate mother earth because you are not doing all these things and more yourselves?

Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
The useful thing about this jazzed-up GPS device, and other apps similar that surely exist but arent as fancy/didnt get the Android contract, is that it reminds you of what you're doing so you'll be constantly aware of damage being done.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The useful thing about this jazzed-up GPS device, and other apps similar that surely exist but arent as fancy/didnt get the Android contract, is that it reminds you of what you're doing so you'll be constantly aware of damage being done.

serously i am willing to use my 10 acres to make all you tree huggers feel better about yourselves... just give me the cash and I will plant trees till the cows come home!

LOLOLOL!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:10 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Stop trying to take all the Rubes for yourself...I mean caring and aware people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies