Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:48 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I think its a nice offer Ferd, I'm thinking of sending you $100.00 bucks and some seeds. You need to keep the female and male plants no more than 2 ft apart, even male plants need company. These are herbaceous annuals and pretty easy to care for. Eight to ten hours of sun and just a little watering. By the end of September early October you Ferd won't have a economy problem. Fedx me some buds once in awhile since they are good for my glaucoma or cataracts or whatever I have. Not only would you be helping the Earth but the cost of this medication has been getting expensive the past ten years you would be helping a fellow american.

Screw trees, plant cannabis.
Errr what does this have to do with anything? Again how do I know this person will even plant anything? Just have faith in my common man. You feel confident that he would send you some buds because you gave him 100 dollars . Get real. He will ********* over the second he has the green in his hand and you would have no one to blame but yourself for throwing away your hard earned money on someone who has no reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
You don't learn do you? First off how do I know you will plant one in the first place. Second, I can plant more than one tree myself for a 100 dollars so i'm actually doing mother earth a favor by denying your request for 100 dollars and doing it myself.

... I will take a picture?

how about 2 for $185?

that is a great deal!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:50 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Edit: Also what about you (as asked in my other post) are you a flaming hypocrite? Do you like reckless government spending? Do you support the war overseas? Do you support the drug war here? Are you against socialized medicine? Do you support medicare and medicaid?
Um, maybe he didn't answer because those things are off-topic... If you want to talk about them, feel free to start your own threads...

Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Buying carbon offsets is a joke. You pay someone to plant a tree for you. Why don't you just go out and plant a tree yourself?
but do you have 10 acres to plant trees on?

I do! 100 bucks a tree! 2 for $185!

Old 06-15-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
... I will take a picture?

how about 2 for $185?

that is a great deal!
Photoshop is so easy.

I'll pass. I don't need to make anyone money when I can do it myself.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Um, maybe he didn't answer because those things are off-topic... If you want to talk about them, feel free to start your own threads...
I did. Care to join me in it?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Photoshop is so easy.

I'll pass. I don't need to make anyone money when I can do it myself.
where you gonna plant these trees? you got land?

cuz your dad might not like you messing up his yard...

imjustsay'in

Old 06-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
where you gonna plant these trees? you got land?

cuz your dad might not like you messing up his yard...

imjustsay'in
Yep he doesn't mind. He is an amateur landscaper so he would actually welcome it. And we do have enough land for the amount of trees I can afford.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:11 PM

This thread got quiet real quick.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Well the little money I do have I will put towards planting a tree or two. You didn't say in your thread title "ready to put your 50 grand where your mouth is?" you said "ready to put your money where your mouth is?" so that is my money. Sorry you don't like it.
It's not about what I like or dislike. It's about what you said. Here - I'll recap for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Alright - forget about the specific platform. If there was a way for you to track your "carbon footprint" using whatever device you already carry around, and you could buy offsets every day, right from that device, would you?
Quote:
I would. What now?
Now you're backtracking, saying that you would "plant a tree or two." That's not what I asked, and it's not what you said you would do. You specifically said that you would buy carbon offsets if you could...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies