Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2010, 10:42 PM

615 posts, read 545,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
As well they should be! Hamas is a designated terrorist organization.
Then Israel should be too, they assassinate people in foreign countries, and bomb civilians, they did that in Lebanon. The list of Israel UN violations is as long as the Great Wall of China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:42 PM

915 posts, read 1,191,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Then Israel should be too, they assassinate people in foreign countries, and bomb civilians, they did that in Lebanon. The list of Israel UN violations is as long as the Great Wall of China.
Then maybe you would also want to place the US army on the list of terrorist organizations? They too assassinate people, bomb civilians (though not on purpose, but that's what happens when the people you're after use human shields).

Old 06-21-2010, 06:00 AM

43,695 posts, read 44,455,186 times
Quote:
American Jews are allowed to serve in the Israeli military, more American Jews probably serve in the IDF then they do the US military. I can't think of another ethnic/religious group in the US allowed to serve in the military of their former country while being an American citizen. That shows you how biased American policy is towards Israel, if an American citizens served in the military of Hamas they would be thrown in Super Max prison for twenty years.
Duel citizens of the USA & Israel serve in the Israeli army as they are drafted by Israeli law. American law states that one must not enlist (meaning volunteer) for a foreign army. So there is no legal problem here. I doubt American law allows one to enlist/volunteer for a terrorist organization like Hamas!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 AM

43,695 posts, read 44,455,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
If we were not coerced into giving Israel 3 BIL every year I would agree with you Fred. But since we do, we get to have a vote.

Most people that throw out the" you are being anti-semetic card" are more often than not Fundamentalist Christians that would not know a Jew if they tripped over one in the supermarket. But they pretend to be all warm and fuzzy about them. It all comes back to the Bible Fred. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Most Jews in America are not as passionate about supporting Israel as the Fundies are. As has been pointed out before, close to half of Israelis themselves see the U.S. support as being embarassingly biased in their favor.

I think if we stopped with the Gravy Train, most Americans would be happy to see Israel if can stand up on their own.
If the USA stops its foreign aid to Israel, I suggest the USA stops it foreign aid to all countries and focus on its own problems. (There is no reason to single out Israel in particular.)

Old 06-21-2010, 06:50 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
If the USA stops its foreign aid to Israel, I suggest the USA stops it foreign aid to all countries and focus on its own problems. (There is no reason to single out Israel in particular.)
So we agree!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:22 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,070,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Hating someone for their religious beliefs is Bigotry, with a capital B. If it makes you happy we can call people who are antisemitic Bigots not racists. Are all the Bigots happy with this linguistic clarification? Can we move on now?
So, since when is indifference the same as bigotry? You're using exactly the same logical fallacy as the one I just pointed out. Can you at least try to come up with an argument of substance or is this all you've got?

Old 06-21-2010, 12:17 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times
Quote:
This situation could be in the United States, one day.
Quote:
Images of bloodshed obscure truth | The Australian
MANY friends have berated me about Israel's "crimes" in Gaza during the conflict between Hamas and Israel. I understand how they felt. When I saw the images of women and children, victims of that war, I couldn't help, still can't, but feel a profound sense of loss.

At the same time, however, my friends only saw the international media hysteria against Israel, which was predictably exactly the same as in past conflicts. But consider this: it was Hamas that formally declared all peace agreements with Israel null and void, which formally ended the ceasefire on December 19, 2008, after having violated it with the firing of thousands of rockets on the southern Israeli populations prior to Israel's invasion of Gaza.
(emphasis mine)

Just getting the kids to school is a horrific experience at best.
Quote:
The siren alarm system gives people less than 30 seconds to reach the nearest shelter. The people of Sderot, and now Ashkelon, Ashdod and Be'er Sheva, observe this rule with great discipline. This duty of care to protect civilian life by the Israeli state and their local civic leaders explains why there are so few casualties on the Israeli side.

The psychological trauma of living with the anticipation of the next rocket attack and the threat of danger, day in day out, is the real definition of the word "terror" for these people.
We who sit here in our cushy homes in our living rooms, channeling through our TV sets...we haven't a clue how the other countries live their difficult lives, but we can sure talk a blue streak on 'crimes'.

Be thankful our civil war was over, long time ago--or is it?

Some people would declare it a crime, not to be able to shop, when they wanted.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:58 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,470,382 times
They both do exist and they both will. This has been going on for thousands of years, and it will not stop anytime soon. Palestine will continue to bomb them, and try to kill them, and Israel will continue to defend themselves.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:17 PM

563 posts, read 1,287,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
They both do exist and they both will. This has been going on for thousands of years, and it will not stop anytime soon. Palestine will continue to bomb them, and try to kill them, and Israel will continue to defend themselves.

HAHA, what a joke, what planet are you on? Take off your purple colored glasses and take another look at who is bombing who.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sorry. You can't have a discussion about Israel without a discussion of religion, God, Jews, etc. Well, you can, but you're not looking at the issue from a historical context. You're simply looking at it from a post-1940's standpoint, which is woefully inadequate for a discussion on Israel.
Honestly, I thought the modern day Israel was created in 1948 and the British left the Jews and Arabs to their own designs. I am sorry to talk about post 1940s when talking about Israel but see no way to do any more. You want to go back beyond the days when Persia existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies