Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Montana GOP says homosexuality should be illegal. Do you agree?
Yes 14 12.28%
No 100 87.72%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It seems to me there were homosexuals long before there were evil, liberal, gay agenda pushing, public schools and activist groups. I don't think the "we are teaching homosexuality" arguement holds water.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I am a gay male republican myself, so please listen to me. Being gay is NOT a choice. Why would I want to choose to be a minority? Furthermore, if it was TRULY natural to be heterosexual, then why, oh why, am I not truly attracted to women? Nature is a powerful thing. If it was natural to be heterosexual, then I would be heterosexual. But at the end of the day, I have no sexual/physical attraction to women. The most beautiful naked woman in the world does nothing for me. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but that's just the way it is. Homosexuality is a real, natural thing. I'm surprised, however, in this day and age that there is no concrete evidence as to the cause of homosexuality.

Who the hell are you (straight people) to validate our (gay people) relationships? We want LESS government, and that goes for social issues as well.

With that said, I am still a republican, but I strongly disagree with Montana and Texas GOP platforms' proposal to outlaw homosexuality. How the hell can they outlaw something that's a natural occurrence? Thank God I live in Connecticut.
Just curious, but how can you remain a Republican when that party has pretty much made it their life mission to destroy your lifestyle in anyway possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 12:01 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Yep.

Just curious, but how can you remain a Republican when that party has pretty much made it their life mission to destroy your lifestyle in anyway possible?
The truth is that about 30% of the gay population votes Republican. I know this, based on statistics/polls I have seen.

Why do I continue to vote Republican? Well, yes it is unfortunate that the party generally is not friendly to the gay community. However, I look at the big picture, and i still feel that the Republican party is better overall, in terms of dealing with other issues (i.e. immigration, taxation, fiscal responsibility, etc.). There is no way in hell I approve of the job Obama is doing. No way in hell.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Yep.

Not to speak for this person, but New England Republicans aren't exactly the foam at the mouth neo-cons of the south and west/midwest.

If I'm not mistaken, both the Rep governors of CT and NH signed into law their states gay marriage/civil union statutes. Even Mitt Romney and Scott Brown have considered the issues to be settled and not worth debating.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The truth is that about 30% of the gay population votes Republican. I know this, based on statistics/polls I have seen.

Why do I continue to vote Republican? Well, yes it is unfortunate that the party generally is not friendly to the gay community. However, I look at the big picture, and i still feel that the Republican party is better overall, in terms of dealing with other issues (i.e. immigration, taxation, fiscal responsibility, etc.). There is no way in hell I approve of the job Obama is doing. No way in hell.
Why not go independent then?

Old 07-01-2010, 12:12 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,917,539 times
LOL at the bigots not answering the two questions thrown their way in the last 5 or so pages. It's easy to make up lies/distortions and then crawl away when confronted for evidence. You all know who you are.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:13 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
People vote and align themselves with political parties based on all sorts of things. When our parties starts to get rediculous and some nutjobs take center stage it's better not to jump ship but try to get things back on track. For example, the GOP is aching for someone to do that and if someone ever does they will probably be unbeatable come election time. IF.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM

SpeedyAZ votes that he agrees with making homosexuality illegal, but on the 22nd he started this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...w-11-pack.html

Irony defined?

Anybody else find it absolutely comical that he throws a ***** fit over a tax increase on cigarettes and cries for the government to leave them alone, but then turns around and supports legislating what consenting adults do in their bedrooms?

Gotta love Republicans.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:37 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
The truth is that about 30% of the gay population votes Republican.
Yes, not all Republicans are in the the "regulate-bedrooms-not-boardrooms" crowd. It's possible to be a fiscal conservative and be more liberal on social issues.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
SpeedyAZ votes that he agrees with making homosexuality illegal, but on the 22nd he started this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...w-11-pack.html

Irony defined?

Anybody else find it absolutely comical that he throws a ***** fit over a tax increase on cigarettes and cries for the government to leave them alone, but then turns around and supports legislating what consenting adults do in their bedrooms?

Gotta love Republicans.
In an interview with the local media in NV, Sharron Engles was bascially asked the same premise. She is unabashedly against all forms on abortion-and believes the government needs to ban it, so the reporter asked about the hypocrisy of this against her stance that government should leave education and corporate governance and healthcare alone.

Conservatives have no problem legislating morality, and telling citizens what they can and can't do-but god forbid if the gov't legislates civil laws.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Not to speak for this person, but New England Republicans aren't exactly the foam at the mouth neo-cons of the south and west/midwest.

If I'm not mistaken, both the Rep governors of CT and NH signed into law their states gay marriage/civil union statutes. Even Mitt Romney and Scott Brown have considered the issues to be settled and not worth debating.
Yeah, just because someone is a Republican doesn't mean they have to align their beliefs 100% with the Republican party. In reality, I am probably a Libertarian, because I am conservative on fiscal issues but liberal on social issues. Unfortunately, the U.S. is back-and-forth controlled by the Democratic and Republican parties, making it impossible for a 3rd party to rise to power. So, I just see the Republican party as the lesser of the two evils.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies