Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
jindal is a strong solid conservative, that scares the pants off the liberals, and what is worse is that he is a minority. jindal is showing true leadership in louisiana by rallying the people and building the sand berms to help prevent oil from seeping into the wetlands as best as possible. jindal is actually doing something, even if he makes a mistake he is out there trying to make things better.
I agree.
He makes obama look bad, they don't like it so they are out to destroy him.
Can't do it though because actions speak louder than words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I present you exhibit A…

Please continue….
Yep and next they will bring out the video.
They really love that one.
He had never used a teleprompter before, felt uncomfortable and it showed.
Does that make him bad?
No, it just shows he is a normal person like us and not a polished fake.
Oh how they love that one.
If you want to see him, watch him out there working, while obama was golfing, going on vacations and hosting the stars.
They say it is fake though, he was only pretending.
Wonder why the people down there don't think he is a fake, hmmmmm, whats up with that?
Will the real fake please stand up?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
I think Jindal got into bad politics in the oil affair. He took the cheap shots at the Feds particularly...when he was not in the mode that the oil industry is to get tight regulation...

Particularly he got into this whole Berm thing. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to do even if somewhat political..but that is certainly fair. The problem is he got the thought and proposal from the Dutch dredgers and failed to properly validate it. So both the dredge sand berms and the rock jetties ran into a storm of opposition. And the opposition came not from just the feds and national experts but from his own local coast experts. The result is that 300 million bills gets wasted and 80 some barge loads of rocks are sitting around banned by the feds on good scientific grounds.

And this is Jindal fault as he should have cleared it carefully with the local experts...fine to embarass Washington but not a good idea to shoot yourself in the foot.

Always tricky in high stress times..."All you got to do is..."

Old 07-16-2010, 05:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I notice posters calling him poop or his oil cred is bad . I'm not sure what that means . I don't see anything wrong with him . Please don't be childish .
Only thing I really have against him is that he criticizes the federal govt. for the oil spill response, and then it turns out that he's doing similar things at the state level, such as deploying only a fraction of the state national guard troops he has at his disposal for this.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:07 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
In another thread somebody called Michelle Obama a "Wookie", should I author a new thread
and ask, "Why bash Michelle Obama? Facts only please, is she doing poorly?" Wanna a little
cheese to go with that whine OP?

Old 07-16-2010, 07:01 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Does that make him bad?
If you want to see him, watch him out there working, while obama was golfing, going on vacations and hosting the stars.
Wonder why the people down there don't think he is a fake, hmmmmm, whats up with that?
Maggie, dont worry about that. that speech as been buried underneath his superb job in the face of the oil spill.

Dems wont reach back and show that speech. They will instead seek to destroy him using inane stuff and twisting things.

They will attack his faith. they will go back and see what he wrote in college. they will lie and distort. He will get the Palin treatment. it MUST be done. This is politics 101 for a democrat.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Does that make him bad?
He didn't practice before the teleprompter in advance of the speech? Sounds like Sarah Palin, who refused to be prepped for those interviews she so badly flubbed.

This all souonds very much like my life, not!

Bobby Jindal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jindal was one of 50 students nationwide admitted to the elite PLME program at Brown University, guaranteeing him a place in medical school. <snip> Jindal was named a member of 1992 USA Today All-USA Academic Team. He was accepted by both Harvard Medical School and Yale Law School, but studied at New College, Oxford, as a Rhodes Scholar.

Gimme a break. Him trying that "good ole boy" crap is worse than Sarah Palin trying to be one of the gals.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He didn't practice before the teleprompter in advance of the speech? Sounds like Sarah Palin, who refused to be prepped for those interviews she so badly flubbed.

Jindal was one of 50 students nationwide admitted to the elite PLME program at Brown University, guaranteeing him a place in medical school. <snip> Jindal was named a member of 1992 USA Today All-USA Academic Team. He was accepted by both Harvard Medical School and Yale Law School, but studied at New College, Oxford, as a Rhodes Scholar.

Gimme a break. Him trying that "good ole boy" crap is worse than Sarah Palin trying to be one of the gals.
Well lets see,
we know he is very smart, we know he will work and get dirty, we know he cares, we know he tries and we know he can do many things but follows what HE feels is the right way for him to go.
Sounds like a man to me. A good man.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:46 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

I don't understand your point of view here. Are you mad that he's educated? I thought that was a good thing as we heard during the 08 campaign.

In terms of "good old boy crap", can't someone with a good academic background relate to the common person and create a feeling of a bond with them? That reminds me of Clinton. He was a scholar who could relate with anyone, regardless of how poor or uneducated they were. Come to think of it, that was Obama's appeal as well.

Seems to me that Jindral, according to your post, has similar traits to the last 2 Democratic Presidents. Do you just dislike him because he's a Republican?

Old 07-16-2010, 08:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
I don't understand your point of view here. Are you mad that he's educated? I thought that was a good thing as we heard during the 08 campaign.

In terms of "good old boy crap", can't someone with a good academic background relate to the common person and create a feeling of a bond with them? That reminds me of Clinton. He was a scholar who could relate with anyone, regardless of how poor or uneducated they were. Come to think of it, that was Obama's appeal as well.

Seems to me that Jindral, according to your post, has similar traits to the last 2 Democratic Presidents. Do you just dislike him because he's a Republican?
My point is that Jindal is not a "normal person like us and not a polished fake". He has a freaking Oxford education. Unlike a lot of other people, I don't look down on educated people, but the vast majority of "us" didn't go to Oxford.

I don't know enough about Jindal to dislike him. I do think he was foolish if he never practiced in front of the teleprompter, if that was indeed why he muffed that speech so badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies