Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:58 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Since when did Black people repudiate the NAACP en masse? At what point in history did the NAACP go from representing the will and desire of Black American's to some far left radical organization that Black people won't associate with anymore?

When you find the answers to these questions, let me know. Because this forum is full of people who claim that the NAACP doesn't speak for them. If Black American's have disclaimed the NAACP, then the latest proclamation holds no water. Which one is it going to be? Support the ideals of the Tea Party or stand with the NAACP and its claims of racism? Or neither?

Until you find these answers, the NAACP's latest Tea Party "racism" proclamation is all the proof I need to see that Black American's on the whole do not stand with the Tea Party. If the NAACP is no longer an authority on Black issues, then someone should give them the memo, because they obviousy disagree with that assertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well are you talking about organizations such as the NAACP, which does not represent the views of most black people, or are you talking about black people in general because I haven't seen any evidence that support your theory?

I know several black people who are members of the Tea Party...so when you say "Black people calling a largely white movement racism..." which black people are you referring to?
Quote:
The NAACP is a given, I agree. Which leaves us with black individuals. How many YouTube videos do you want? Pick a number, any number.
??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 12:59 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Ron Paul e.g. is concerned that Neo-Cons want to infiltrate the Tea Party for their own advantage.
This is what members of my local tea party said on the news last night. That those people are not concerned with policies and are deflecting attention from the real problems that we have as a country. Apparently they made some gains with minority membership and felt that Mark Williams set the back greatly.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
I said that? Really? In this thread? Care to quote me on that?
Quote:
Well are you talking about organizations such as the NAACP, which does not represent the views of most black people, or are you talking about black people in general because I haven't seen any evidence that support your theory?

I know several black people who are members of the Tea Party...so when you say "Black people calling a largely white movement racism..." which black people are you referring to?
Much obliged.

The bottom line is that what you're asking of me, irrefutable proof that the majority of Black American's don't support the Tea Party, is slightly disingenous. While I may be prone to generalizations, the message is still the same: Claims of racism was the major ammunition used to try to counter the Tea Party. The moment racism was repudiated by the National movement, the dialogue seems to have come to a trickle. Which tells me that Black American's on the whole were never interested in the ideals of the Tea Party. They were only interested in using the Race Card to denounce what they see as hypocrisy. Now that the Race Card is gone, the silence is deafening. Hopefully Black American's will move beyond race and join us conservatives in fighting Big Government and Out of Control Spending. To date, very few Black American's have come forth with the intent on supporting these ideals. And that's been my point from the very beginning.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:

If you haven't noticed, i'm a "chain puller." I like to evoke passions. It's frustrating when debaters on the forum evade their own passions and instead go down in the weeds to achieve ultimately nothing except "Yeah! He couldn't provide a video clip! Victory!!!"
Its frustrating when someone generalizes much like you do.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:03 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
??????
Are you doing this in reference to my asking AGD to quote me? If that's the case then I do see where I said that. I guess I should have said either all black people or most of the black people I know, which is what I said in a previous post.

I stand by my comment though, the NAACP is not the voice of Black America. But just because some may disagree with them (and in my personal circles most do) doesn't mean there aren't still some that support them. There is no official black people ruling on them one way or the other.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Are you doing this in reference to my asking AGD to quote me? If that's the case then I do see where I said that. I guess I should have said either all black people or most of the black people I know, which is what I said in a previous post.

I stand by my comment though, the NAACP is not the voice of Black America. But just because some may disagree with them (and in my personal circles most do) doesn't mean there aren't still some that support them. There is no official black people ruling on them one way or the other.
I was trying to show the other poster that he wanted to give proof for his claim about black individuals. He wanted to show youtube videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies