Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 12:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dear Natalay,

C-D, has been gracious enough to provide us with the no-idiot function, otherwise known as the ignore list. I suggest using it early and often.
Or, you could debate the issues that you find controversial, instead of one big Kumbayah with everyone you agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sophia A Nelson "Why Cant Black Americans Have A Tea Party Movement Of Their Own"
Some wont like it. There's talk about issues and stuff.

Very Good Read: ''Why Cant Black Americans Have A Tea Party Movement Of Their Own'' - ThisIs50.com
Yes, i've read this article and it makes valid points. The WSJ has also posted an editorial along the same lines. The focus has been on race from Day 1, yet when racism is repudiated, none of the lefties on this forum want to discuss the ideals of the Tea Party, they want to rely on racism as their anti-TP platform.

I'm glad to see that there are a few journalists out there who acknowledge that the TP is not some radical group aimed at taking down the Black agenda. Nothing could be further from the truth, unless that Agenda is in direct contradiction to conservative ideals.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Can you give the "plenty of evidence" that black people feel negatively about the Tea Party and that most of it is based on racism?
Since when did Black people repudiate the NAACP en masse? At what point in history did the NAACP go from representing the will and desire of Black American's to some far left radical organization that Black people won't associate with anymore?

When you find the answers to these questions, let me know. Because this forum is full of people who claim that the NAACP doesn't speak for them. If Black American's have disclaimed the NAACP, then the latest proclamation holds no water. Which one is it going to be? Support the ideals of the Tea Party or stand with the NAACP and its claims of racism? Or neither?

Until you find these answers, the NAACP's latest Tea Party "racism" proclamation is all the proof I need to see that Black American's on the whole do not stand with the Tea Party. If the NAACP is no longer an authority on Black issues, then someone should give them the memo, because they obviousy disagree with that assertion.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:24 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Hatred for liberal ideology has been around longer than Barack Obama has been alive. It simply has a name now. Nothing makes a liberal more happy than being able to put someone in a box and putting a label on it. That's why it's my duty as a conservative to take you and your cohorts to task for attempting to try to paint the Tea Party as anti-black instead of anti-Big Government.

To date, there's nothing that has come from the liberal left except cries of hypocrisy. Obviously unbeknownst to them, this country is more than 8 years old, but you'd never know that judging by the focus on the last 8 years under GWB. That's all liberals have. It's amusing. And fun to point out the shallowness of that position.
You didn't address my post what-so-ever. Are you a politician? This party was born and will die with Obama's Presidency

Old 07-19-2010, 12:28 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Since when did Black people repudiate the NAACP en masse? At what point in history did the NAACP go from representing the will and desire of Black American's to some far left radical organization that Black people won't associate with anymore?

When you find the answers to these questions, let me know. Because this forum is full of people who claim that the NAACP doesn't speak for them. If Black American's have disclaimed the NAACP, then the latest proclamation holds no water. Which one is it going to be? Support the ideals of the Tea Party or stand with the NAACP and its claims of racism?

Until you find these answers, the NAACP's latest Tea Party "racism" proclamation is all the proof I need to see that Black American's on the whole do not stand with the Tea Party.
I don't see what your point is. No most blacks don't support the tea party and I have stated the reasons in many post. What is your point

Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I don't see what your point is. No most blacks don't support the tea party and I have stated the reasons in many post. What is your point
EC, I compliment you for answering the question. I appreciate your responses. I really do. Whether I disagree or not is irrelevant. I'm just glad to see someone step up instead of dancing around my claims and counterclaims.

If you haven't noticed, i'm a "chain puller." I like to evoke passions. It's frustrating when debaters on the forum evade their own passions and instead go down in the weeds to achieve ultimately nothing except "Yeah! He couldn't provide a video clip! Victory!!!"

Old 07-19-2010, 12:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:

When you find the answers to these questions, let me know. Because this forum is full of people who claim that the NAACP doesn't speak for them. If Black American's have disclaimed the NAACP, then the latest proclamation holds no water. Which one is it going to be? Support the ideals of the Tea Party or stand with the NAACP and its claims of racism? Or neither?

Until you find these answers, the NAACP's latest Tea Party "racism" proclamation is all the proof I need to see that Black American's on the whole do not stand with the Tea Party. If the NAACP is no longer an authority on Black issues, then someone should give them the memo, because they obviousy disagree with that assertion.
Who here has said that black people have disclaimed the NAACP?

The NAACP is the only proof you need? i asked you in the beginning if you were referring to the NAACP and you said you were referring to black individuals but apparently that's a contraindication because your posts don't illustrate that you believe that black people are individuals.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Who here has said that black people have disclaimed the NAACP?

The NAACP is the only proof you need? i asked you in the beginning if you were referring to the NAACP and you said you were referring to black individuals but apparently that's a contraindication because your posts don't illustrate that you believe that black people are individuals.
You yourself stated that the NAACP does not speak for most black people. If that's not disclaiming a 100-year old organization with a prosperous history, then I don't know what does.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
You yourself stated that the NAACP does not speak for most black people. If that's not disclaiming a 100-year old organization with a prosperous history, then I don't know what does.
I said that? Really? In this thread? Care to quote me on that?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,465,199 times
Quote:
You don't support fiscal responsibility, free markets, and constitutionally limited government? You, and the rest of the "level-headed Americans" think these are disasterous?

It seems to me that you have queued in on the media elements of the Tea Party, not the idealistic elements.
The thing is , how many of these Tea Partiers were on the streets when the US on Iraq? That is where most of your tax dollars went to.
Ron Paul e.g. is concerned that Neo-Cons want to infiltrate the Tea Party for their own advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies