Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Tell us why you disagree? There's plenty of supporting evidence out there that black people feel negatively about the Tea Party, and most of it is on the basis of racism. Are you disclaiming this evidence as if it doesn't exist?
Well are you talking about organizations such as the NAACP, which does not represent the views of most black people, or are you talking about black people in general because I haven't seen any evidence that support your theory?

I know several black people who are members of the Tea Party...so when you say "Black people calling a largely white movement racism..." which black people are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 02:42 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
The TP will fall on it's own sword. They have no direction and their leaders are straight out of the loony bin.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:42 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well are you talking about organizations such as the NAACP, which does not represent the views of most black people, or are you talking about black people in general because I haven't seen any evidence that support your theory?

I know several black people who are members of the Tea Party...so when you say "Black people calling a largely white movement racism..." which black people are you referring to?
The NAACP is a given, I agree. Which leaves us with black individuals. How many YouTube videos do you want? Pick a number, any number.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The NAACP is a given, I agree. Which leaves us with black individuals. How many YouTube videos do you want? Pick a number, any number.
Oh ok so we're talking about youtube videos. Okay how bout we go tit for tat. I'll post one then you post one and then we'll just keep going until you admit that you have no idea what every black person in America thinks about the Tea Party and that you just make blanket statements because they sound good.

YouTube - Tea Party Racism??

Old 07-18-2010, 02:50 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,817 times
Quote:
Well are you talking about organizations such as the NAACP, which does not represent the views of most black
I have several black friends and if the NAACP comes up they all laugh and think its a joke and has nothing to do with them and they have nothing to do with it.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I have several black friends and if the NAACP comes up they all laugh and think its a joke and has nothing to do with them and they have nothing to do with it.
I said on another thread most black people I know consider the NAACP irrelevant. The only time I hear about them is from white people or the media.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Oh ok so we're talking about youtube videos. Okay how bout we go tit for tat. I'll post one then you post one and then we'll just keep going until you admit that you have no idea what every black person in America thinks about the Tea Party and that you just make blanket statements because they sound good.

YouTube - Tea Party Racism??
Yes, we could go tit-for-tat forever. So, i'm asking you, as a (I assume) a Black person: Do you believe that the majority of Black American's put their support behind the ideals of the Tea Party? Not your aunt and uncle or your cousin down the street; the majority of the race. In your opinion, will Black American's be voting for Tea Party conservatives in 2010 and 2012?

Old 07-18-2010, 02:57 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,519,817 times
Quote:
I said on another thread most black people I know consider the NAACP irrelevant. The only time I hear about them is from white people or the media.
well, I agreed with you and I agree with this post and I am white, imagine that, maybe its not all about being white.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:03 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,976 times
So the opposite of the Tea Party would have the following beliefs:

Government has the right to as much of your income as it wants.
Government should pre-approve, license, control, and monitor, every move you make.
An elected official can spend money more efficiently than the person who earned it, since he won the election where the citizens got to choose from 2 identical candidates.
If $2.1 trillion in collected taxes isn't enough annually, then government should borrow as much as it wants, no matter what the consequences to future taxpayers or the value of the dollar.

Sounds like the system we have now. That would explain why it doesn't need a "movement."

Old 07-18-2010, 03:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
So the opposite of the Tea Party would have the following beliefs:

Government has the right to as much of your income as it wants.
Government should pre-approve, license, control, and monitor, every move you make.
An elected official can spend money more efficiently than the person who earned it, since he won the election where the citizens got to choose from 2 identical candidates.
If $2.1 trillion in collected taxes isn't enough annually, then government should borrow as much as it wants, no matter what the consequences to future taxpayers or the value of the dollar.

Sounds like the system we have now. That would explain why it doesn't need a "movement."
That's about as silly as the thread itself.

Can a conversation become anymore idiotic? Are folks around here totally incapable of discussing anything without going off on some absolutist tangent? "Government has the right to as much or your income as it wants..." how absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies