Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That was obviously a reference to Malcolm X, as was Wright's "chickens have come home to roost" admonition.
http://www.malcolm-x.org/speeches/spc_120463.htm
i.e. a preacher who used his pulpit to preach hatred of the ‘white devil’

It is a false assertion about what Rev. Wright preaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 12:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Default You're the ones making him news

Who cares about this man?
Let him rot into oblivion.

Really.

You're giving this whack the power.
What do you gain from it?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
From that "leftie" ragthe National Review.JournoList, Round Two - Daniel Foster - The Corner on National Review Online

[/b]
They hid their conspiracy by publishing an open letter.
What about the plot from Ackerman to call any and all critics of obama on the Right, racists, based on ......nothing but a deflection from the real story about obama?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who cares about this man?
Let him rot into oblivion.

Really.

You're giving this whack the power.
What do you gain from it?
This is not about Wright, it is about the collusion between the MSM (left) and the liberal reporters, journalists and bloggers to suppress/ignore ANYTHING that would damage obama.

I can just imagine the reaction if this were a bunch of conservative journalists.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where's the letter?

They published an open letter stating that they would call anyone objecting to Obama a racist?

I'd like to see that.
Journalists Slam ABC Debate Tactics | The Nation

Old 07-20-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Wasn't obama's relationship with this racist preacher an appropriate subject for the debate moderators, or any other journalist, to probe?

Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What about the plot from Ackerman to call any and all critics of obama on the Right, racists, based on ......nothing but a deflection from the real story about obama?
Do you have actual cases of Ackerman doing it? I'm not familiar with columns he has written. I personally would not be supportive of false accusations of racism.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Wasn't obama's relationship with this racist preacher an appropriate subject for the debate moderators, or any other journalist, to probe?
I reject the premise of your question.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:56 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
i.e. a preacher who used his pulpit to preach hatred of the ‘white devil’

It is a false assertion about what Rev. Wright preaches.
Would you characterize Wright's sermons as race-blind and inclusive?

Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
This is not about Wright, it is about the collusion between the MSM (left) and the liberal reporters, journalists and bloggers to suppress/ignore ANYTHING that would damage obama.

I can just imagine the reaction if this were a bunch of conservative journalists.
What was the ramifications on Hannity for his "Stop Hillary Express" and "Stop Obama Express"?

Or for his “Obama & Friends: The History of Radicalism” documentary"?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/07/us...ics/07fox.html

Mr. Hannity’s executive producer, John Finley, said that the program was clearly opinion and that the audience — on average 1.5 million to 2 million — knew to take it as such. “ ‘Hannity’s America’ is an opinion show — it’s a show from Sean’s perspective, which is obviously conservative,” Mr. Finley said.

Speaking of Mr. Martin, he added, “It’s one man’s opinion, one of many that was expressed on the show.”

Mr. Martin said he was careful not to present his theories about Mr. Obama as proven fact.

“That is my opinion — expert opinion — if you will,” Mr. Martin said of his commentary on Mr. Hannity’s program. “I don’t pretend to be an exclusively fact-based reporter, though I try as hard as I can to get the facts.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies