Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Where in the letter does it state that they would call anyone objecting to Obama's inexperience, ideology, policies, etc., a racist?

You know, like this...
Spencer Ackerman: "take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists."

There's FAR more to this JournoList scandal than has been published to date. Expect more to follow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Wasn't obama's relationship with this racist preacher an appropriate subject for the debate moderators, or any other journalist, to probe?
Apparently not. The corrupt MSM didn't want the public to know about it. The JournoList leaks confirm it.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Would you characterize Wright's sermons as race-blind and inclusive?
They are not race-blind, but we don't live in a race blind world. Yes, I would characterize them as inclusive.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Do you have actual cases of Ackerman doing it? I'm not familiar with columns he has written. I personally would not be supportive of false accusations of racism.
And yet that was the topic of that entire thread on JournoList... Ackerman encouraging his journalistic peers to call Obama's critics racist.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
They are not race-blind, but we don't live in a race blind world. Yes, I would characterize them as inclusive.
Rev. Wright's sermons are inclusive? I don't think so. I'll start a poll on the board to see how C-Ders perceive his sermons.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Where in the letter does it state that they would call anyone objecting to Obama's inexperience, ideology, policies, etc., a racist?

You know, like this...
Spencer Ackerman: "take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists."

There's FAR more to this JournoList scandal than has been published to date. Expect more to follow...
I understand that Ackerman and perhaps others discussed it, but I'm unaware that they did anything other then post the open letter to ABC. So far I haven't seen a column by Ackerman showing that he actually carried out his plan. But as I stated previously, I'm not familiar his work other then what was published in the Daily Caller article.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Rev. Wright's sermons are inclusive? I don't think so. I'll start a poll on the board to see how C-Ders perceive his sermons.
Why don't you poll the people who actually attended services or read the first hand accounts of people who actually went to Trinity.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I understand that Ackerman and perhaps others discussed it, but I'm unaware that they did anything other then post the open letter to ABC. So far I haven't seen a column by Ackerman showing that he actually carried out his plan. But as I stated previously, I'm not familiar his work other then what was published in the Daily Caller article.
Seriously? You haven't seen Obama critics being called racists at all for the past 2+ years?

Don't forget, it's not just Ackerman. He was the one suggesting everyone on JournoList label Obama critics racist.

Democrats Sense Racism Is Driving Obama Critics
Olbermann Calls Obama's Critics Racist | Mediaite
Obama-Haters Becoming Increasingly...Racial In Their Rhetoric | TPMDC
Opinion: Are President Obama's critics motivated by racism or ideology?
I could go on and on...

And of course, here on C-D there've been so many unfounded charges of racism against people who are critical of Obama's political ideology and/or policies that it's a standing, albeit sick, joke.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Why don't you poll the people who actually attended services or read the first hand accounts of people who actually went to Trinity.
Skewed demographics... they're not a racially diverse group. ...another indication that Rev Wright's sermons/preachings are not racially inclusive.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Seriously? You haven't seen Obama critics being called racists at all for the past 2+ years?

Don't forget, it's not just Ackerman. He was the one suggesting everyone on JournoList label Obama critics racist.

Democrats Sense Racism Is Driving Obama Critics
Olbermann Calls Obama's Critics Racist | Mediaite
Obama-Haters Becoming Increasingly...Racial In Their Rhetoric | TPMDC
Opinion: Are President Obama's critics motivated by racism or ideology?
I could go on and on...

And of course, here on C-D there've been so many unfounded charges of racism against people who are critical of Obama's political ideology and/or policies that it's a standing, albeit sick, joke.
It appears that all you examples are post the election. From the Daily Caller piece it would appear the Ackerman was the one who was most in favor of using this tactic. It would seem to me to be relatively easy to review the columns he wrote from March 2008 to November 2008. Did he go after Rove or Barnes or anyone else for racism in that time period? I don't know if he did or didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies