Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 02:36 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times

Advertisements

What? You mean the racist liberal media is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the Democrats, gay progressives, Hollywood, and Obama? I am shocked.

Next you'll be telling me they hate America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:36 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
It appears that all you examples are post the election. From the Daily Caller piece it would appear the Ackerman was the one who was most in favor of using this tactic. It would seem to me to be relatively easy to review the columns he wrote from March 2008 to November 2008. Did he go after Rove or Barnes or anyone else for racism in that time period? I don't know if he did or didn't.
You seem to be missing the point. It's not that just one journalist was falsely alleging racism against Obama's critics. It's that the strategy was suggested and discussed on a well-known journalists' message board established by the Washington Post's Ezra Klein with members like Paul Krugman, with the end result that quite a few journalists did indeed level false accusations of racism against Obama's critics.

Anyway... that won't be the only ugly revelation to come out of the depths of JournoList... Someone's conscience got the better of them and ratted out the whole unethical lot.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:54 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Skewed demographics... they're not a racially diverse group. ...another indication that Rev Wright's sermons/preachings are not racially inclusive.
Why not ask the white people who have attend services there.

Like Martin Marty:

Mirror of Justice: Martin Marty on Jeremiah Wright

Trinity focuses on biblical teaching and preaching. It is a church where music stuns and uplifts, a church given to hospitality and promoting physical and spiritual healing, devoted to education, active in Chicago life, and one that keeps the world church in mind, with a special accent on African Christianity. The four S's charged against Wright — segregation, separatism, sectarianism, and superiority — don't stand up, as countless visitors can attest. I wish those whose vision has been distorted by sermon clips could have experienced what we and our white guests did when we worshiped there: feeling instantly at home.

Trinity UCC is a predominantly black church, in a predominantly black neighborhood. They have voluntarily aligned themselves with a predominantly white denomination.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Why not ask the white people who have attend services there.

Like Martin Marty:

Mirror of Justice: Martin Marty on Jeremiah Wright

Trinity focuses on biblical teaching and preaching. It is a church where music stuns and uplifts, a church given to hospitality and promoting physical and spiritual healing, devoted to education, active in Chicago life, and one that keeps the world church in mind, with a special accent on African Christianity. The four S's charged against Wright — segregation, separatism, sectarianism, and superiority — don't stand up, as countless visitors can attest. I wish those whose vision has been distorted by sermon clips could have experienced what we and our white guests did when we worshiped there: feeling instantly at home.

Trinity UCC is a predominantly black church, in a predominantly black neighborhood. They have voluntarily aligned themselves with a predominantly white denomination.
Hmmm... I wonder why the journalists on Ezra Klein's JournoList conspired to deflect the news stories about Obama and Rev. Wright with false charges of racism if there was nothing to worry about...

Apparently, they agreed that Rev. Wright and the TUCC is so non-inclusive that Obama's ties to Rev Wright must be deflected in an unethical and underhanded way.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Hmmm... I wonder why the journalists on Ezra Klein's JournoList conspired to deflect the news stories about Obama and Rev. Wright with false charges of racism if there was nothing to worry about...

Apparently, they agreed that Rev. Wright and the TUCC is so non-inclusive that Obama's ties to Rev Wright must be deflected in an unethical and underhanded way.
Because most "journalists" never bothered to do their own research (either from the left, right or center). As someone who followed the coverage closely, I would assert that most articles didn't even bother to determine if the accusations against Rev. Wright were accurate. The story line was normally what is Obama's reaction to the accusation.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Anyone that was honest knew what was happening. Obama gave a press conference about him. Said he was like an uncle to him. Then he denounces him. That was it. Anyone paying attention at the time noticing the media lack really questioning him about Wright or trying to probe into it. Knew what was going on.

Obama was taken at his word for so many things.

The way i see this, is the media is responsible for lack of bringing truth forward in these kinds of stories. The media has known a lot about Obama, but more so then other has gotten free passes, and stories that should be brought up in the open, have been kept quiet. Any other President, would be under scrutiny, but not Obama. Media has helped make Obama what he is. Thinks he is a legion in his own mind. Anything is a go with Obama, no questioning him, just take him at his word, would not be like this one bit with other past presidents, let me refrase, has not been like this with any other President.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Not sure what parallel universe you guys live in, but the Reverend Wright stuff was beaten to death by the MSM in mine. So much so that Obama had to give a speech specifically on the issue... a speech that actually ended up helping him profoundly.

It's fascinating to watch certain folks delude themselves into believing that the only reason people disagree with them is because "the truth" has been concealed. In actuality, it's not that people are ignorant, it's that they actually disagree.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Because most "journalists" never bothered to do their own research (either from the left, right or center). As someone who followed the coverage closely, I would assert that most articles didn't even bother to determine if the accusations against Rev. Wright were accurate. The story line was normally what is Obama's reaction to the accusation.
Your assertion is that journalists would rather risk their careers by leaving digital evidence of conspiring to unethically divert politically damaging stories than to research facts?

That spin is a pretty far stretch.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
The way i see this, is the media is responsible for lack of bringing truth forward in these kinds of stories. The media has known a lot about Obama, but more so then other has gotten free passes, and stories that should be brought up in the open, have been kept quiet.
That, in and of itself, is bad enough. Where this veers way out of bounds is the journalists' conspiracy to deliberately and falsely brand Obama's critics as racist to distract the public from the facts of Obama's highly questionable associations and background.

Quote:
Any other President, would be under scrutiny, but not Obama. Media has helped make Obama what he is. Thinks he is a legion in his own mind. Anything is a go with Obama, no questioning him, just take him at his word, would not be like this one bit with other past presidents, let me refrase, has not been like this with any other President.
Europe knows they've been had...
Europe warns Obama: this relationship not working

Notice how the U.S. MSM isn't covering that London Times story. Another unethical JournoList conspiracy?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Your assertion is that journalists would rather risk their careers by leaving digital evidence of conspiring to unethically divert politically damaging stories than to research facts?

That spin is a pretty far stretch.
No, its my assertion that they didn't care whether or not the accusations were accurate. To them, either pro-obama or anti-obama, the story was primarily about how will this affect the Obama campaign. Many times they didn't even bother to get the name of the church correct or claimed it was a Baptist church or COGIC church. Claimed that it was a black separatist church when it is a member of a predominantly white denomination. My point is they didn't care about the facts, they cared about the reaction. When ABC first aired the 09/16/2001 sermon they never bothered to mention that the section they were airing was Rev. Wright paraphrasing the comments made by a former Ambassador on Fox news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies