Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
First of all, nobody's saying they shouldn't build the mosque. Some people don't like the idea of building a mosque in this particular place.

Do you know how hard it is to get a zoning clearance to build a grocery store because liberals like you think it is bad for the environment?
But when it comes to a controversial imam building a mosque near Ground Zero you have absolutely no problem with that.
You're going to have to stop making sense. It's going to hurt someone. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 06:15 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
First of all, nobody's saying they shouldn't build the mosque. Some people don't like the idea of building a mosque in this particular place.

Do you know how hard it is to get a zoning clearance to build a grocery store because liberals like you think it is bad for the environment?
But when it comes to a controversial imam building a mosque near Ground Zero you have absolutely no problem with that.
I really DON'T know how hard it is to get a zoning clearance to build a grocery story. Nor do I know that it's "liberals" who make it hard. Nor do I know that "liberals" don't have a problem with a mosque. Actually...you don't know either I bet.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:17 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You're going to have to stop making sense. It's going to hurt someone. LOL!

That's a boring strawman argument that appeals to certain types. It is elementary and should be ignored.

Again, what part of erecting a Mosque in that particular location is against the law or the COTUS?

Why not just open up a bbq joint next to it? That's also within the rights of whoever buys/leases the nearby property.

That's what makes America great, we have freedom.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
Quote:
Sharia Law does not allow for separation of church and state. You should think about that one.

First what does this have to do with anything?

Second, where in the United States is Sharia Law the law of the land? Oh thats right, no where.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
That's a boring strawman argument that appeals to certain types. It is elementary and should be ignored.

Again, what part of erecting a Mosque in that particular location is against the law or the COTUS?

Why not just open up a bbq joint next to it? That's also within the rights of whoever buys/leases the nearby property.

That's what makes America great, we have freedom.
You are reminding me of a woman I met from Turkey. She said, "You Americans don't even realize what you are doing. You are losing your freedom by your freedom."

Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:

Who on C-D is protesting a grocery store being built in downtown New York?

Old 07-23-2010, 06:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
You are reminding me of a woman I met from Turkey. She said, "You Americans don't even realize what you are doing. You are losing your freedom by your freedom."
Republicans love to talk about "keeping their freedoms" they just forgot to leave out the part about it being exclusively for "white Christians." If you're anything that doesn't fit in that column then forget it. The definition of "Freedom" is flexible to them, if you're gay and want to get married, then eff you. If you'd like to put up a Mosque the answer is no. These people are total hypocrites.

Of course if we want to send out Christian missionaries all over the world that's perfectly fine.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

First what does this have to do with anything?

Second, where in the United States is Sharia Law the law of the land? Oh thats right, no where.
Stop and think.

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him." -Koran 3:85

"Fight those who believe not in Allah...until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." -Koran 9:29

Allah wants them to die for him. Jesus wanted to die for us.

Stop and think.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:23 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I really DON'T know how hard it is to get a zoning clearance to build a grocery story. Nor do I know that it's "liberals" who make it hard. Nor do I know that "liberals" don't have a problem with a mosque. Actually...you don't know either I bet.
I bet if Wal-Mart wanted to build a store right on the same spot where
they want to build the mosque the ACLU would be at their throat in no time
screaming that that would be offensives to people or what have you.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Uh-huh. Did this TURKISH woman happen to explain what she meant when she was saying this? And could you explain what that has to do with a community center, that has a prayer room in it, being built in New York?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies