Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
As I've said from the first post, "IN THESE ECONOMIC TIMES" it seems that the one who has called this country arrogant and criticized the citizens for their use of electricity and SUVs would lead by example. Instead, I see a leader who vacations in Martha's Vineyard, who spends the equivalent of 20-25 working days on the golf course, and whose wife plans a "mother/daughter" vacation at a Spanish resort where the attending entourage has to pay room rates 99% of Americans could not even start to afford.

All I ask is that the POTUS lead by example,....a concept that you noticeable chose to ignore.
I can't help but ask did you show the same distain for George Bush Jr. when he was vactionining in Kennebunkport, or out golfing during 2007 and 2008 when this economic crises started?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I can't help but ask did you show the same distain for George Bush Jr. when he was vactionining in Kennebunkport, or out golfing during 2007 and 2008 when this economic crises started?
This is not a Bush thread, but to answer your inquiry,...IF Bush had made the same comments about Americans having to sacrifice, about America being arrogant, about Americans living in air conditioned homes and driving SUVs, then yes I would have taken offense.

Obama ran on a campaign of "sacrifice" and "living green". Obama "talks the talk, but fails to walk the walk". Obama is a hypocrit.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Here's one. Also, at $140,000 round trip for Air Force 1 and Marine 1, it cost the taxpayers eleven million dollars just to fly him back and forth to the ranch. That doesn't count security.

487 Days At Camp David For Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I will admit to being wrong on the 880 days, though. The article adds them up to 977 days.

That is one-third of his entire presidency.
but, but, but he had a room at the ranch for business.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Wasn't Bush a "war president" in his first 18 months in office? Wasn't the nation's capital under assault from the DC snipers during that time?

But Bush's 3X Obama's vacation days in his 1st 18 months wasn't a concern to you then. Obama's vacation days enrage your sensibilities now.
but that doesn't count because it was BUSH and it was OK. I also remember white power being mailed all over but he still needed to go to TX to chop wood.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
but that doesn't count because it was BUSH and it was OK. I also remember white power being mailed all over but he still needed to go to TX to chop wood.
Wait you mean to tell me people approved of Bush going to his ranch? I dont remember that. I remember people making a stink about it.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I did and I have a problem with all politicians taking trips on our dime. Taking spouses and family as its a vacation like they did Copenhagen. We paid for all of those politicians to go and they didnt attend the events. Personally I think we pay for them to stay at a HoJo and if they want to stay some place nicer its out of their pocket. Only they attend and thats it no spouse not family members. Must attend events.

I also dont think we should be paying for their meals, liquor, water bottles, flowers to funerals. Heck I dont even want to give them a pension to be honest. I think they should have to pay for their retirement in the forms of a 401k like majority of America.

So am I allowed to have a problem with the Obamas lack of leadership and wasting our tax dollars while we are well over 13 trillions in debt and what the amount we just added to our deficit?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Not only that, but Bush was on vacation during the month of August 2001. And we all know what happened in Sept.

While Bush vacationed, 9/11 warnings went unheard. - By Fred Kaplan - Slate Magazine
So much for working on the ranch. He was aware and did nothing because he was on vacation and you republicans don't see any thing wrong with that. If he would have got off his a$$ then there probably won't be a ground zero for every one to complain about what is going to be built around that area.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Well, some of us were correct. The liberals can't defend the Obamas' antics and lavish overseas vacations without badmouthing George Bush.

Is George Bush the subject of this thread?

Apparently when one can't defend Obama, the best thing to do is bash Bush.

Keyword for the liberals in the upcoming election,...."BLAME BUSH!!!". Obama does it every day, so why not?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna-501 View Post
so much for working on the ranch. He was aware and did nothing because he was on vacation and you republicans don't see any thing wrong with that. If he would have got off his a$$ then there probably won't be a ground zero for every one to complain about what is going to be built around that area.
bbbbuuuuussssshhhhhh!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Am I the only one who is getting a bellyful of our First Family cavorting all over the world/country spending taxpayer monies at will during these bad economic times? Seems we have a Parttime President who is determined NOT to stay in Washington. Obama is either golfing (some 20-odd days since taking office), having mini-vacations at will, or full-fledged vacations on the east coast.

The First Family is in Florida, on the way to Martha's Vineyard later this month. Didn't the Obama's just finish a vacation on the east coast? One has to suppose that there weren't many paid vacations as a community organizer, and since the taxpayers are footing the bill, the Obama's need to make up for lost time.
Is this a parody?

Pretty good if so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies