Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

we will always have poor people, people without jobs. maybe we should make a new law that no POTUS can leave the white house during his term to make a small percentage of judgmental people feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 01:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Nice attempts to deflect from Obama to Bush

This is about Obama folks.
No it isn't.

This is about the difference between 96 and 36.

Quote:
He is the president at this time. He is the one that told us we all have to make sacrifices. Hes the one that promised change. Hes the one that told us the debt was to high. He is the one that is president while the unemployment is so high.
He is the one you're so angry at because he isn't cleaning up Bush's big mess fast enough to please you.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:46 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Oh like Ted "I'm on knees doing something besides praying" Haggard.

How about Mark "I like to text Congressional Pages To Hook Up" Foley.

Or David "I'd rather have sex with hookers than my wife" Vinter.

All I know for sure is when the NeoConfused start preaching about their so-called morality, and they are the ones who preach morality, the BS is gonna get deep.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:47 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're the one who asked for links, we provided them, now you whine.
//www.city-data.com/forum/15483525-post67.html
I do see where you're coming from.

During a war of choice, Bush was golfing and said his famous comment: Now watch this drive.

Are weekends or nights really a holiday to you? What about the 52 you get a year. Gee, I hope you choose to work instead of taking the time off because we're in a recession and other people don't have jobs.
Bush stopped playing golf. He didnt play his entire 8 years.

But this is about Obama

Old 08-15-2010, 01:47 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Let me see,...was this thread about George W. Bush or Barack Hussein Obama? Seems the obamanots pound their little keyboards at breakneck speed to cover the Vacationer-in-Chiefs scrawny butt by yelling, "BUT,....BBBBBUUUSSSHHH!!!"

It just seems ironic, DURING THE CURRENT ECONOMIC CONDITIONS, that the First Family is spending so much time on vacations with such lavish accomodations. It seems that even George Bush spent most of his time at either Camp David or Crawford, not at resort locations.

But Obama has always been one to say, "DO AS I SAY, not as I do". You "arrogant Americans" can just eat cake.

Enjoy the vacations Mr. Obama,...while others struggle to make ends meet.
This thread has been a real loser for you hasn't it?

Now instead of attacking Obama, you and your wingnut friends have been reduced to defending the president who has taken the most vacation time in presidential history..your good buddy George Bush...lol

Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No it isn't.

This is about the difference between 96 and 36.

He is the one you're so angry at because he isn't cleaning up Bush's big mess fast enough to please you.
No I am upset that we once again dont have a real leader. One that leads by example. One that if he tells Americans we are all going to have to make sacrifices makes some himself. One that says hey you know what while millions are without jobs maybe I should work a bit more and lay off the golf and vacations some. At least give the appearance of that.

Yes it all is an attempt to deflect from Obama to Bush. Heck Obama does it so why wouldnt his followers.

Obama is president NOW
Obama is president while unemployment reached 10% and holding at 9.5% for how long now?
Obama is president while we are over 13 Trillions in Debt
Obama is president while we just added how much in 1 mth to our deficit?

Whats Obama doing taking a vacation.

Lead by example

Old 08-15-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if i was one of the millions without a job right now then, yes, more likely than not i would be furious with the president ( whether or not my unemployment had anything to do with government action or inaction ). same would hold true for reagan in 1982.
Thank you for admitting that. That is more then some will do.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
No I am upset that we once again dont have a real leader. One that leads by example. One that if he tells Americans we are all going to have to make sacrifices makes some himself. One that says hey you know what while millions are without jobs maybe I should work a bit more and lay off the golf and vacations some. At least give the appearance of that.

Yes it all is an attempt to deflect from Obama to Bush. Heck Obama does it so why wouldnt his followers.

Obama is president NOW
Obama is president while unemployment reached 10% and holding at 9.5% for how long now?

Lead by example

Like I said earlier, you're angry because Obama isn't cleaning up Bush's mess fast enough to suit you.

It would be nice if he had a magic wand and uttered the magic phrase, "presto change-o" and everything went back to being as good as it was 10 years ago, though.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:

Obama is president NOW

Lead by example
this is what they call a strawman....we have problems always, every POTUS says we need to sacrifice. they have a job to do, deserve time off. even if it really isn't time off. to think they should go camp out in tent at the local KOA campground or stay at the motel 8 is just stupid no matter how many people are broke and miserable.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:57 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
shroom,
The 487 was at one place - Camp David.
490 days in Crawford.
That doesn't count his time in Kennebunkport.
It doesn't even touch on extra days he may have spent out of the country, like the Beijing Olympics. Bush 'Feeling No Pain' At Beijing Olympics How Many Secret Service Agents Does It Take To Hold Up A Pink-Faced Drunk?

One of the Bush links on another thread talks about what he'd do in Crawford; disappear for a day or two, clearing brush from sun up to sun down, etc.

There are two other threads on Bush's holidays currently on CD.
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ce-july-2.html

I also like how a weekend is now a holiday for POTUS.
That means Americans get 52 holidays a year, minimum. Wow.
Thank you 'chielgirl' for the info. As much as Bush wasn't seen during his presidency, I was certain it was on the 880 - 1020 days scale. But who is counting. (not a question) The vacations of old, do nothing to help us with the troubles of today. I could have as easily started a thread titled 'Bush-The Absentee POTUS', and linked it to several mainstream articles, but what a waste of time that would be. Anyone, with any sense, already knows this. They (whomever that is) couldn't impeach the idiot that is Bush. So good luck impeaching the intellectual that is Obama. I certainly do not agree with all Obama's decisions, but that is a far cry from not agreeing with ANY of our last POTUS decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies