Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 AM

720 posts, read 692,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So, I'm not allowed to be offended that I'm being accused of being a perpetual victim? Yeah, you're right, I don't like your answer.
I'm not allowed to be offended that I'm being accused of being a perpetual racists for pointing out hypocrisy? Yeah, you're right, I don't like your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 08:39 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,055,727 times
Quote:
So, I'm not allowed to be offended that I'm being accused of being a perpetual victim? Yeah, you're right, I don't like your answer.
I don't expect you to open your eyes but here is a definition of victim mentality.

Quote:
The victim mentality is a self-defeating pattern which does one of two things, or more commonly both together.
The victim mentality causes you to think that you cannot make the changes in your life that you desire to make because of others, for reasons that you cannot define, mysteriously "have it out" for you and wish you ill will, and thus they do things to set you back, harm you emotionally, etc.
If you'd like to read the entire article, it's online Victim Mentality | Boost Self Esteem Newsletter

I'm really sorry you're offended. That was not my intention.
I'm actually one of the good guys.... but I'm sure you don't believe that.

Try to have a nice day.

WC out

Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,214,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
Yea, uh, ok. Whatever you say..
So, you think every time a black person experiences racism, it's national news?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I don't expect you to open your eyes but this is a definition of victim mentality.

If you'd like to read the entire article, it's online Victim Mentality | Boost Self Esteem Newsletter

I'm really sorry you're offended. That was not my intention.
I'm actually one of the good guys.... but I'm sure you don't believe that.

Try to have a nice day.

WC out
Your OP post stated that black people are victims and, as such, can not be held responsible for their actions. Was this a sincere or sarcastic post?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,055,727 times
Default Yes, black folks can be (and are) racists...

Quote:
Your OP post stated that black people are victims and, as such, can not be held responsible for their actions. Was this a sincere or sarcastic post?
If you read the article I posted a link to, I think you'll be able to figure out what I meant.

I sincerely wish you a good, happy, blessed day!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
If you read the article I posted a link to, I think you'll be able to figure out what I meant.

I sincerely wish you a good, happy, blessed day!!!
Would rather hear a person's opinion than try to decipher what they meant via an article (because my take on the article could be completely different from your own). In any event, I will assume you meant no harm and we can both move on and continue to have a great day (it is, after all *Friday*).

Old 08-20-2010, 08:51 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,955,393 times
Yes, individual Blacks can be racists. But, generally as a race, blacks are not a racists people. Whites on the other hand are generally racists group of people. Not all whites, because some of them have overcome their bigotry. But as a race overall, the white race of people are racists.

Generally, black people turn or feel racists against the white race as a result of the treatment (racism) they suffered by whites. Therefore, in certain instances the racism blacks have against whites is somewhat justified. For example, the Apartheid system of South Africa and Black slavery in the United States.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:54 AM

226 posts, read 560,436 times
Quote:
So, you think every time a black person experiences racism, it's national news?
I don't believe that was even mentioned, was it?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:56 AM

720 posts, read 692,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Yes, individual Blacks can be racists. But, generally as a race, blacks are not a racists people. Whites on the other hand are generally racists group of people. Not all whites, because some of them have overcome their bigotry. But as a race overall, the white race of people are racists.

Generally, black people turn or feel racists against the white race as a result of the treatment (racism) they suffered by whites. Therefore, in certain instances the racism blacks have against whites is somewhat justified. For example, the Apartheid system of South Africa and Black slavery in the United States.
I would love to see those stats!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
I don't believe that was even mentioned, was it?
Did you even bother to follow the line of conversation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies