Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times

Advertisements

Yes, black people can be racist...I know of quite a few...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 09:00 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
In my mind, I equate racism with a feeling of superiority. Though some blacks may hate whites, does it come from a place of feeling like they're better than the white person.....is it just hatred because of the white's race past (and present) treatment of blacks?

Not sure how I feel about this one....................

NOTE: I'm not talking about the black/white race as a whole. Just some in each group.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM

226 posts, read 560,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Did you even bother to follow the line of conversation?
It's funny to watch you people stumble over yourselves. It's not very hard to turn things around when you can't find a valid argument, eh?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05chevy View Post
It's funny to watch you people stumble over yourselves. It's not very hard to turn things around when you can't find a valid argument, eh?

Sigh……ok, let me see if I can explain this slowly……

OP said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm2010 View Post
Let me give you a real life example I myself have experienced from a black racist:

My husband and I go to a restaurant. We're waiting in line. It gets to be our turn to order. Black lady behind counter asks the (black) person behind us what he wants to order. Okay. After he places his order, she helps the black fella behind him, and so on, and so on. It's like we weren't even there. We left, outraged.

That's discrimination and racism. We weren't waited on because we were white.

This happened in Warner Robins, GA at The Boarding House restaurant.
You said:
Quote:
What if the roles had been reversed? A white server not serving a black customer? Can you imagine what would happen? This is a good example of how blacks are excused for their actions. If blacks do it, it's ok. They don't know any better. If whites do it, whites are held accountable for their actions. Explain that to me? What makes it so different?
I said:
Quote:
If the situation had been reversed, the same scenario would've taken place. The black people would have been offended and left. Not every instance of racism makes the news or to the ears of the NAACP.
You said:
Quote:
Yea, uh, ok. Whatever you say..
I said:
Quote:
So, you think every time a black person experiences racism, it's national news?
You said:
Quote:
I don't believe that was even mentioned, was it?
Which, BTW is what you implied when you said
Quote:
What if the roles had been reversed? A white server not serving a black customer? Can you imagine what would happen? …………..
Where exactly is this “stumbling” again?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:30 AM

472 posts, read 855,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Yes, individual Blacks can be racists. But, generally as a race, blacks are not a racists people. Whites on the other hand are generally racists group of people. Not all whites, because some of them have overcome their bigotry. But as a race overall, the white race of people are racists.

Generally, black people turn or feel racists against the white race as a result of the treatment (racism) they suffered by whites. Therefore, in certain instances the racism blacks have against whites is somewhat justified. For example, the Apartheid system of South Africa and Black slavery in the United States.
How do you explain then the racism displayed by some of the blacks I encountered towards me?
They were same age I am, so therefore they or their parents, grandparents, etc were not slaves. How long is it "justified" for some blacks to be racist towards white folks for this reason? How long are blacks allowed to have a well deserved chip on their shoulder for crap that happened so long ago and nothing anyone on this forum was even a part of?

Do you think this mentality will go on forever? Should it?

I personally think it will always exist, therefore, the perfect world of racial harmony will never exist. Although I do think we're making some progress.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,679 times
Quote:
But, generally as a race, blacks are not a racists people. Whites on the other hand are generally racists group of people. Not all whites, because some of them have overcome their bigotry. But as a race overall, the white race of people are racists.
This is a very good illustration of racism - the belief that "race" (skin color) is the primary determinant of traits and capacities, and that "racial" (skin color) differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
It doesn't matter WHY you are a racist.

If you treat people in a negative manner, judge someone differently, strike them, verbally assault them, ignore them, or do anything in a different (usually negative) way, because of their race; You are a racist.

You may feel entitled to be a racist, you may even BE entitled to be a racist, but you are still a racist.

Deep down inside, I believe everyone is a racist. What we do,
determines the extent of our racism.

Just as I believe we are all sinners, must admit we are sinners
and ask for forgiveness, to be saved.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:07 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Yes, individual Blacks can be racists. But, generally as a race, blacks are not a racists people. Whites on the other hand are generally racists group of people. Not all whites, because some of them have overcome their bigotry. But as a race overall, the white race of people are racists.

Generally, black people turn or feel racists against the white race as a result of the treatment (racism) they suffered by whites. Therefore, in certain instances the racism blacks have against whites is somewhat justified. For example, the Apartheid system of South Africa and Black slavery in the United States.
This is the absolute biggest bunch of bunk I have read on City Data in quite a while.

I would love to know how you came to this conclusion. lol. Unbelievable.
Seriously, is this post meant to be a joke????

Old 08-20-2010, 07:10 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
This is a very good illustration of racism - the belief that "race" (skin color) is the primary determinant of traits and capacities, and that "racial" (skin color) differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
Absolutely. Way to go. Way to refute that ridiculous post with sound and critical thinking.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Racism exists in the various colored communities, for example many black Americans are like Barack Obama in that they have white ancestors in the family tree and come in what might be called the chocolate milk complexion and some even have straight hair. Many of these considered themselves as being better than those with pure or more pure African ancestory. Now the favor got returned by those who felt thse blacks were were not black enough.
The pyschological damage this caused was considerable. Did you try to emphasise your whiteness by using skin bleaches or hair straighteners or various cosmetic tricks to reduce the prominance of your lips or sharpen your nose. Or do you go the other way and have a doo rag and hair resembleing a brillo pad. I'm black and proud. A man who really messed up his mind and body was one young singer from Gary Indiana--Micheal Jackson. Such a poor tormented soul such a gentle person what a great voice and those moves. So racism is a fact in the African-American world and it exacts a horrible price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies