Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
You should have posted the map put out by the tea party directing the attendees where to
go to avoid dark skinned people.....not political my ass!
HA ha Rachel Maddow. Skanky, skanky! And bi-partisan for sure!

Pull out the race card all you want! It's so watered down now because you libs use it when it doesn't apply. Go for it!!!

Repeat after me.... All "whities" are racist! All "whities" are racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:53 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then you tell me the truth...

Why do you hate these children???

Special Operations Warrior Foundation
Let me know how much they get after what Beck pockets ok.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:54 AM

195 posts, read 673,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then you tell me the truth...

Why do you hate these children???

Special Operations Warrior Foundation

We should provide aid to ALL needy children regardless of how they ended up there.

We create this insane pantheon of modern Roman idols by elevating the troops, firemen, FDNY, Jesus into some mix of insane batsh*t crazy "patriotism" - t-shirts with American flags and eagles crying superimposed on them with "Remember 9-11 Forever - Vote Against the Mosque" -- we take unrelated things and put them all together add some Jesus and wind everyone into a frenzy of misunderstanding and hate to promote an agenda. It's sickening.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Let me know how much they get after what Beck pockets ok.
I am sure it will be published.

BTW, I had to give $0.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:02 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avironneur View Post
Yes but who funded the promotion of that proposition? Who made sure to create an environment of propaganda and fear that lead to the success of this prop's passing? It's simply an extension of the power that Americans have given to evangelicals and religious groups to promote an agenda of hate for any who do not fit in with their personal beliefs which have no place in government anyway.
Who funded Proposition 8? The same white, hispanic, blacks, and asians that voted for Proposition 8. The funds are provided to the church by the people that attend the church. In general, American blacks are religious, and so hispanics and Asians. The same can be said if all other Americans. For example, while there are a lot of Democrats (of all races) in the East Coast, a lot of these people are religious, and don't believe on abortions and same-sex marriage.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:03 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avironneur View Post
The often snarky but always on point blog Wonkette got it right with the following:

"Well, aren’t we a Proud Nation, with our giant sloganized smock-shirts and Chinese “American” flags and jumbo coolers full of corn syrup and cancer. “Restoring Honor?” More like “Confirming every stereotype about a ruined nation stuffed full of dumb white trash."

(Yes, I live in Canada but was born and raised in metro Washington DC -- Northern VA and am an American citizen, before anyone plays the Canadian card -- I moved here because I prefer my patriotism without religion and frankly I prefer to live in countries where rednecks don't decide if I can get married or not)
Well, aren't we full of hate Mr. Wonkette. And you are not much better for quoting him.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:05 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Who funded Proposition 8? The same white, hispanic, blacks, and asians that voted for Proposition 8. The funds are provided to the church by the people that attend the church. In general, American blacks are religious, and so hispanics and Asians. The same can be said if all other Americans. For example, while there are a lot of Democrats (of all races) in the East Coast, a lot of these people are religious, and don't believe on abortions and same-sex marriage.
Don't bother trying to talk sense into her, these haters have spent their entire lives building their strawman stereotypes. She thinks anyone who opposes gay marriage, or opposes 0bama for that matter, is a racist, bible-thumping white man, who lives in a trailer, belongs to the NRA, and beats his wife.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I believe there is a point.

I am glad someone held a door open for you but it is not as common as it once was to help someone else.

I dont see many people with manners anymore. It is to the point that when I do it shocks me. I find myself thanking them for having manners or doing something for others. Because it is rare to see

I think the difference in this forum and real life is not the beliefs of the peoples post. While I am sure there is some that make up things or lie about their life and what not. But I believe the core values people claim to have is for the most part.

It is my opinion from the things I see we have lost our honor. We have lost our morals and values.
Your complaint is as old as the hills.

Anxiety Culture: 8000 years of anti-social behaviour

Keep in mind, the ancient Greeks had a somewhat different moral system than we do, but Plato still thought that the "youth of today" had no morals!

Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Why not just build the damned mosque in one of our many fema camps?
OH No, they haven't even gotten the Soylent Green Machines working yet for all of these Death Panel Detainees

Old 08-29-2010, 12:15 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
MLK III said Beck paid an incredible tribute to his dad?

Leftist narrative, circling and down the drain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no worries. their grip on reality is so tenuous that they will simply attack MLK the third as a hateful rightwing racist. problem solved.
No one has called him that yet on this thread. The only disbelievers seem to be the RWs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies