Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:43 AM

229 posts, read 241,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
My Tax Burden

Go there, punch in your income info, deduction info, kids, etc. Compare your taxes between extending all of cuts, to the proposals put forth by Democrats in Congress and Obama (you need to click on the bottom left to get Obama's proposal's #'s to appear)
Nice link, too bad it addresses 2011 taxes and not 2010 ...

But I did it anyways ....

If Congress lets all of the Bush tax cuts expire, your income tax burden will be $5,199 higher in 2011.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 11:52 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Nice link, too bad it addresses 2011 taxes and not 2010 ...

But I did it anyways ....

If Congress lets all of the Bush tax cuts expire, your income tax burden will be $5,199 higher in 2011.
1. There are no increases for 2010, period. Out of curiosity did you have a kid who turned or will be turning 17 this year? Also if your in the 28% bracket you could be in the phase out range of the child tax credit even if your kids are under 17. So a 3% or so increase in your salary could reduce your child tax credit. That has nothing to do with Obama, but rather the child tax credit structure, which was signed by Bush in 2001.

2. I asked for the comparisons between extending all the cuts, and the proposals put forth by Obama and the Congressional Democrats.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
His latest act with Amnesty, you all tell me, if he means well! I also disagree with some of you, i feel that Obama knows exactly what he is doing! And i don't feel any more sorry for him then any other President.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default Obama's road to hell not paved with good intentions

Obama means well?

NO

His perspective is skewered to ignore the damage done to the most for the benefit of the few.

To be well meaning Obama would have had to actually provide some evidence of such rather than just 'be', vacation and read the script set out for him on his teleprompter.

Obama is nothing more than a mindless figurehead for a disasterous socio-political agenda that has been in hiding for decades.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
The fact is that you are not a CPA, will not post a link to prove your point. Typical NYC Lib, just call names and run away.

How can you trust DC ?

Let me get this straight. We're going to be gifted with a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.
What the heck could possibly go wrong? Still he and his cronies are not malicious?
Apparently you did not have a probelm of a past president with a "c" average entering an Ivy League school, and subsequently destroyed EVERY company thaat he ever ran, pushed for war despite the fact that years earlier he avoided going to himself. You had a Sec State that had no clue and was fired, the VP did not know the branches of government need I go on?

Old 09-05-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Last I checked he is the party leader and sets the agenda. He is not black, he is mollato. He promised to cleanup Washington but instead sues Arizona and lets the black panthers escape justice.

Why do you libs really think that being black counts for anything? What counts is your actions, your integrity and your philosophy. Obama has failed on all counts and that has nothing to do with RACE!!!

1. One man cannot clean up decades of corruption, one of the most moral presidents in recent years was Jimmy Carter and you see how he was treated
2. Being black means he has to be three times better than the white man b/c if he does'nt we all would hear "well they just cannot cut it in the white house, I told you so"
3. Personally in case you have forgotten, Obama has done more in two years than the previous administration has done in 8
4. It really does not matter what he does b/c people like yourself and faux fanatics are going to find fault in ANYTHING that he does, nevermind that it still has to go through some weak DUMBOCRATS and all of the REFUTICANS

Old 09-06-2010, 07:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
1. One man cannot clean up decades of corruption, one of the most moral presidents in recent years was Jimmy Carter and you see how he was treated
high moral character does not mean that someone can lead a nation.

Quote:
2. Being black means he has to be three times better than the white man b/c if he does'nt we all would hear "well they just cannot cut it in the white house, I told you so"
if he were actually doing something to help the economy, and be fiscally responsible as he promised during the election, i would have more support for his policies. i dont care about the color of a persons skin, i care about the content of their character. i did not like the policies of carter, or clinton, or even some of the policies of bush, but somehow because i dont like obamas policies i am suddenly a racist? that is so far off the mark you didnt even hit the right solar system.

Quote:
3. Personally in case you have forgotten, Obama has done more in two years than the previous administration has done in 8
just because someone puts through a radical agenda that the people have said over and over again they DO NOT WANT, does not mean he is doing a good job. overspending, and grabbing power is not what i want in a president. i want a president that actually serves the people not the other way around.

Quote:
4. It really does not matter what he does b/c people like yourself and faux fanatics are going to find fault in ANYTHING that he does, nevermind that it still has to go through some weak DUMBOCRATS and all of the REFUTICANS
bush spent too much money for sure, but obama has done what bush did times three, and yet you still support obama? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting a different result. if bush spent too much, then it is insane to think that obama spending three times as much is going to make things somehow better.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
high moral character does not mean that someone can lead a nation.
1. As I mentioned before "A moral president cannot effective govern an immoral society"

if he were actually doing something to help the economy, and be fiscally responsible as he promised during the election, i would have more support for his policies. i dont care about the color of a persons skin, i care about the content of their character. i did not like the policies of carter, or clinton, or even some of the policies of bush, but somehow because i dont like obamas policies i am suddenly a racist? that is so far off the mark you didnt even hit the right solar system.

2. You do realize that the he is not the "magical negro president" don't you? He cannot change anything unless the crooked congress and the sneaky senate concurs. If and when they do they usually make so many changes you dont recognize the original thought or content of the bill. This may be a shock to you but (sadly) you are a minority and not majority in your thinking regarding race and politics. So in otherwords just because you are more intune with political moves does not mean that the vast majority of uneducated or undereducated people follow your lead.

just because someone puts through a radical agenda that the people have said over and over again they DO NOT WANT, does not mean he is doing a good job. overspending, and grabbing power is not what i want in a president. i want a president that actually serves the people not the other way around.

3. Healthcare Reform - Come on, who really does not want healthcare for those who cannot afford it....except those who already have it or those who may lose money from its creation, possibly insurance companies. The people protesting are not the same ones who have cancer or some other death threating ailments that the insurance companies won't pay for. Everyone in the videos has insurance and for the most part are healthy.

Energy Reform - Of course the oil, coal and everything related to them will fight tooth and nail to prevent this growth. Do you remember the electric cars that were destroyed some years ago for no apparent reason? There are people that will fight these drastic changes because they have aot of financial interest in the way thing are now.

bush spent too much money for sure, but obama has done what bush did times three, and yet you still support obama? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting a different result. if bush spent too much, then it is insane to think that obama spending three times as much is going to make things somehow better.
Have you ever thought that the refuticans did not want to win the election in the first place? I say this b/c why would they have a complete idoit run with McCain instead of a real knowledgeable woman? Because they did not want to win! If they would have won they would have had to fix the mess that they had created which would have force them to admit that they were wrong with the bush policies in the first place which in turn would have poeple question their creditabilty. By the letting the dumbocrats win they force them to make some unpopular choices in order to try to correct the mess and therefore making themselves (refuticans) popular enough to regain the white house in 2012. Overstand this, Americans have a short attention span and for the most part are very impatient in regards to wanting things done (unemployment)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies