Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 08:31 PM

229 posts, read 241,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I was very critical of Bush, and certainly wasn't a fan of Reagan (though I am 28, so obviously wasn't following politics at that time, but I did Major in History). With that being said even in my harshest criticism of them I never went down the road of questioning their Patriotism, suggest they were anti-American or trying to destroy the country, and that is all over this thread and this entire board in regards to the attacks from the right.
Ahh 28, you were 2 years old when Reagan was in office. You were 14 when Clinton got in. You barely have any life experience as most libs.

Take an economics course! Post recession periods are followed by inflationary periods. Artificially low interest rates will make that inflation even worse.

My advice, buy what you need now you won't be able to afford it later.

At 28 years old you are most likely in a low tax bracket. I was a Mass. Lib when was in my early 20's then an older friend pointed out how he paid what I made in taxes! He explained where the money went. I did not vote for Reagan but never ever voted democratic again.

Oh and by the way, the vast majority of small business does make $250K/yr and the ones that don't want to.

What a great way to stunt growth of a business... an incentive to make less money. Get your facts straight, plenty of married couples make $250 easily. It is called the upper middle class, you know the group that constantly gets sacked and moved back down again.

Call Joe the plumber and ask him!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece255 View Post
Nothing you have said in response to me or my posts is actually has anything to do with me or my posts. What the heck is wrong with you? Are you actually debating or trolling or...worse?
You have brought nothing to the debate table. You state that "I will never get any respect with the continuation of the Kenyan rhetoric". Whats wrong with you? You attack me and expect me sit here and take it.

I understand that you and other libs are saddened that party will be over soon but throwing stones and then pretending you didn't is cowardly.

Here is your stone, let me pick it up for you ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece255 View Post
Your post is nothing but crazy talk. If you haven't been schooled on this at least 5 dozen times already I'd be surprised. What's not surprising is that you refuse to learn anything or budge from your preconceived notions which allow you to feel outrage. I know for a fact people make themselves purposely ignorant just to keep feeling that way
I am a true american, I stand by my beliefs even if it they seem Preposterous to others. I know I am not alone in my beliefs. So don't pretend you did not cast that stone! The prints are still as fresh as Smash the Lib!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 PM

Default Get real

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
It's evident, and if people were honest, they would admit President Obama more than just "means well"; He's already demonstrated or exhibited his brilliance, saavy, innovativeness, integrity and character in being a phenomenal president. The problem is they know he's done a great job thus far as president but can't accept the fact there are actual people that have integrity in this world, and in his case, not merely a "politician". He's so much more than that, and everyone knows it. He's not a stereotype, and he can't be "boxed/fit" into just any old category. He's incomparable, and it frustrates people.

The real problem is many people can't get past their biases, and give President Obama proper credit and accolades.

It's anti-American and/or unpatriotic for commentators, analysts and citizens to attack the President in the baseless, unfair, unwarranted and evil manner which many of them have-hiding behind the Constitution to do so. It's embarassing and unfortunate our country still, after all this time, has not "gotten it together". Hopefully, one day we'll be secure enough in ourselves as to not be threatened by the abilities of others.
Please, the same junk happened to Bush. They called him "stupid", they made fun of his laugh and scrutinized every thing he did. I know, I was one of them. Now its gets done to your guy and it is completely wrong and shameful. Oh please, the latrine is full you will have to dump that somewhere else.

Oh he means well, he is trying really really hard, he did not realize how bad the recession would really be, he did not understand that raising taxes and going on a spending spree in the middle of an economic downturn would cause double dip and lead to hyper-inflation.

He does not know what the heck he is doing! (in some cases).

In most cases, he just does not care because nothing will stand in his way of fundamentally changing America ( he said that, not his critics) into a socially progressive state.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,177,989 times
I do not believe Obama hates this country, in fact I respect him for putting up with all the crap everyone gives him. If he was anti America, he wouldn't even bother running for president and don't give me this crap that he's anti american because he supports the Islamic Community Center. I support it. Does that mean I hate America too? Absolutely not.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:11 PM

Default What about the Greeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
I do not believe Obama hates this country, in fact I respect him for putting up with all the crap everyone gives him. If he was anti America, he wouldn't even bother running for president and don't give me this crap that he's anti american because he supports the Islamic Community Center. I support it. Does that mean I hate America too? Absolutely not.
That's great, did you respect Bush for taking the same beating day after day? Did you know that person who bought the parcel for millions of dollars was a waiter the year before. Do you care where the money came from? I know if went and bought something for millions of dollars the IRS would be on me like a dung beetle on turd.

It does not mean you hate America for supporting it but a proper president might say "I support the right to build it there but I sure would like the funds the man used tracked".

Hoorah for Obama! He stood behind the constitution instead of wiping his A** with it like he usually does.

Would it not be nice if he stood up for the Greek Othodox Church that was destoyed where it stood on 9/11? NYC won't let them rebiuld because they don't have the funds to pay off the city officials ... but that waiter had more than enough funds.

Lets propose building a christian commuity center in Tehran and see if he gives that the same support.

And finally, have you given a single thought to all the family members who sons, daughters, wives, fathers and husbands died on that day? So by supporting this Obamanation you, at the same time, condenm those poor families. Shame on you. Just move the darn thing up the road a little.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:03 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Ahh 28, you were 2 years old when Reagan was in office. You were 14 when Clinton got in. You barely have any life experience as most libs.

Take an economics course! Post recession periods are followed by inflationary periods. Artificially low interest rates will make that inflation even worse.

My advice, buy what you need now you won't be able to afford it later.

At 28 years old you are most likely in a low tax bracket. I was a Mass. Lib when was in my early 20's then an older friend pointed out how he paid what I made in taxes! He explained where the money went. I did not vote for Reagan but never ever voted democratic again.

Oh and by the way, the vast majority of small business does make $250K/yr and the ones that don't want to.

What a great way to stunt growth of a business... an incentive to make less money. Get your facts straight, plenty of married couples make $250 easily. It is called the upper middle class, you know the group that constantly gets sacked and moved back down again.

Call Joe the plumber and ask him!!!

Hmm, interesting you bring Joe the Plumber into the mix, considering like most small business's the company he was claiming he was going to buy made less than $250,000. In fact that business made far less than $250,000.

As far as plenty of married couples making over $250,000. Please, its basically 2% that are in the top two brackets.

Not to mention the increases at this level are actually don't really start until you are a bit over $250,000. For example for a married couple with two kids, you won't pay more in taxes until you are over $319,550.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:11 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
That's great, did you respect Bush for taking the same beating day after day? Did you know that person who bought the parcel for millions of dollars was a waiter the year before. Do you care where the money came from? I know if went and bought something for millions of dollars the IRS would be on me like a dung beetle on turd.

It does not mean you hate America for supporting it but a proper president might say "I support the right to build it there but I sure would like the funds the man used tracked".

Hoorah for Obama! He stood behind the constitution instead of wiping his A** with it like he usually does.

Would it not be nice if he stood up for the Greek Othodox Church that was destoyed where it stood on 9/11? NYC won't let them rebiuld because they don't have the funds to pay off the city officials ... but that waiter had more than enough funds.

Lets propose building a christian commuity center in Tehran and see if he gives that the same support.

And finally, have you given a single thought to all the family members who sons, daughters, wives, fathers and husbands died on that day? So by supporting this Obamanation you, at the same time, condenm those poor families. Shame on you. Just move the darn thing up the road a little.
First off, the Christian Community center in Tehran comparison is utterly insane. This is the U.S, not Iran, we have different laws.

Secondly, as far as the issue with the Church being built, 100% different situation. The Church was located right in the heart of Ground Zero, the Islamic Community Center was located a few blocks away. The Church's construction would have direct interference on the ongoing rebuilding efforts, THAT is the reason why it was denied. The construction of the Islamic Community Center being a few blocks away would not have an impact on the ongoing construction.

FWIW, I use to work in the area, basically across the street from 7 WTC.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I am still waiting for audio or video examples of a mean spirited, clearly anti-American Barack Obama spewing hatred.

I feel that many of his ideas are flat-out wrong but I do not see this obvious disgust for America that some of his more rabid enemies claim he exhibits.

Wouldn't it be better for America to try to work with him to push his ideas more towards the mainstream rather than try to destroy his presidency?
OK, I'll bite.

The theme that the world is divided into two kinds of people: those who help others like civil servants and teachers and firefighters -- and money grubbers --is anti-American at its core. My grocer helps me feed my family. The hardware store owner helps me fix a leaky toilet. The local car dealer helps me keep my car running so I can get where I need to go. Each one of these business owners knows that the more help they provide others, the better off they will be. 99% of business people know that the only way to build sustainable wealth is to be of service to others. Money-grubbing doesn't enter into it. The most concise exposition of this theme was actually by Michelle Obama, speaking at a commencement ceremony.

Has Obama ever uttered the word "corporation" without "unscrupulous" in front of it? Or uttered the word "profit" without a sneer?

Another example of Obama attributing the basest of motives to fellow Americans was when he stated that doctors perform unnecessary tonsillectomies on children because there is money to be made in doing it. Pleeeeaaase!

Yet profit is the motive power behind the building of the greatest, most prosperous society on the face of the earth. Private enterprise still employs over 100 million Americans, and brings us the necessities of life as well as many of its pleasures.

America penalizes American corporations for expanding in America and hiring Americans via the highest corporate tax rate in the world, yet Obama refers to this state of affairs as "tax breaks for sending American jobs overseas." The truth is, these companies are simply avoiding a tax beating. Many millions of us depend on large multinational companies for our livelihoods, yet Obama seems to see them as chickens to be plucked.

The American system of freedom, built and funded by private enterprise, cannot be philosophically attacked without drawing the kind of protest that Obama engenders--to say nothing of the policies and proposals driven by this philosophy, usually against the will of the people.

I'm not one that hates Obama because he has some kind of evil plan and is against America. I believe he is ignorant of economics and incompetent as a leader, so his noble intentions are beside the point. Barring a Bill Clinton type of transformation after the November whupping of Democrats, he will certainly rank right up there with Jimmy Carter as one of the worst presidents of modern times.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 AM

767 posts, read 489,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10
I am still waiting for audio or video examples of a mean spirited, clearly anti-American Barack Obama spewing hatred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
OK, I'll bite.
So where is the audio or video examples?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

I feel that many of his ideas are flat-out wrong but I do not see this obvious disgust for America that some of his more rabid enemies claim he exhibits.

Wouldn't it be better for America to try to work with him to push his ideas more towards the mainstream rather than try to destroy his presidency?
I think he tries to appear that he means well but while he parties we are being destroyed. They keep saying what a smart man he is, so it is evident that he must know this but he doesn't really care.
In my opinion this shows that he is first, we are somewhere down there and he thinks we are too stupid to know it.
Guess what?
We know it, so he can stop his act.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:01 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
So where is the audio or video examples?
I'm sorry, I thought you had been reading the New York Times or the Washington Post or listening to network news or getting news from some other credible third party source since January 2008.

The first of ten thousand clues was the budget message delivered shortly after Obama took office.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...nsibility2.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies