Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:59 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Can we at least agree that President Obama means well?
The president is our employee.

It doesn't give me warm fuzzies to have a bumbling employee who means well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,416,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The US already rations care. If you can pay, you will get it and if you can't well *********. At least NHS uses MEDICAL criteria.
You don't have a clue Kev K. The US has not even begun to ration health care. How will you feel if someone close to you is told they will not receive life saving treatment or surgery because they are too old and/or have too many other illnesses to justify the cost of providing the treatment for someone expected to have an unacceptable government guideline for life expectancy?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Pommysmommy
You don't have a clue Kev K. The US has not even begun to ration health care. How will you feel if someone close to you is told they will not receive life saving treatment or surgery because they are too old and/or have too many other illnesses to justify the cost of providing the treatment for someone expected to have an unacceptable government guideline for life expectancy?
We have rationed health care. It's called private insurance.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:04 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I would feel bad about it but I understand that medical decisions have to be made on a LOGICAL medical basis and not my emotions. The British understand this better than we do. The doctors should look at the prognosis and the projected quality of life and the longevity of life when determining a treatment path. We need to get away from this "keep them alive at all cost" mentality we have in the USA. There is only so much to go around and in this country we spend way too much money keeping people alive- often in great pain or comas- that should be allowed to pass into the next world. So I am FOR guidelines but the final determination should be made by DOCTORS and not the government or insurance companies.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:20 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I truly do not see this Country getting back on it's feet under the watchful eye of Obama. Just do not see this happening. We are worse off, with a economy tanking, housing situtation worse ever not getting better, and unemployment still high numbers. Still something about this Man, i just am not sure about.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:59 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
And this born in Kenya communist is taking us down a peg or two!
I love it when people can't admit they were wrong. What do they do? They stick to the same wrong answer and say it over and over and over again as if continually repeating it will somehow make it true. Obama is from Kenya, Obama is from Kenya, Obama is from Kenya...

Accept the fact that while you don't support the results of the election, that he was elected by fairly and is legally our President.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:44 AM

516 posts, read 375,972 times
So what? He's a crappy POS for a president and any of us can feel free to say he's a POS. I don't recall the left being so understanding of President Bush and accepting the results of the election. Instead, they tried every trick in the book to steal an election lost and whined about it to this day.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:58 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
So what? He's a crappy POS for a president and any of us can feel free to say he's a POS. I don't recall the left being so understanding of President Bush and accepting the results of the election. Instead, they tried every trick in the book to steal an election lost and whined about it to this day.
Excuse me, when was the last time the president was elected by the Supreme Court?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:00 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
When asked about the criticism that President Obama is facing, Laura Bush said "Every president faces unfair criticism...."

and further she said....

Quote:
“So I wish, I hope, that Americans would just take a step back and a deep breath and realize that people who are serving in public office are truly that — servants."
excerpted from here >>> Laura Bush says every president faces unfair criticism | Analysis & Opinion |

Laura Bush is a class act.

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-28-2010 at 11:19 AM..

Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 AM

516 posts, read 375,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Excuse me, when was the last time the president was elected by the Supreme Court?
Q.E.D.

Nobody but the lunatic fringe buys that tired claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies