Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Typical liberal, flare insults while the right post the proof. So I am crazy? Name calling is not allowed on this forum, please follow the rules.

Schooled on what? Your post makes no sense. Here is the truth. I will spell it out for you since you cannot articulate a single intelligent comment
See, this is why you won't ever be taken seriously. If you think I AM A TYPICAL LIBERAL you are off your rocker. But that's ok.
What you have been schooled on is the birth certificate nonsense you continue to spout. Not by "typical liberals" but by the highest officials in the land who have sworn an oath to the fact that his bc is NOT a forgery and that he WAS born in Hawaii. If you refuse to acknowledge that then there is no talking to you.

If you really don't get that, and think you are right and I am wrong (unintelligent) then so be it. It means nothing to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Hey Smash! I went back to every page on this particular forum and other the lame comments you have made here on page 10.

All I can find is commentary like your are some kind of broadcaster for the national debate challenge. What have you even offered here? I took the time to re-post what you have written so all can see you are full of crap regarding you intelligent debates. What a typical lib … Put down the bong and make an attempt to defend your messiah. Oh yeah! I gave you an easy challenge regarding the flag pin and the “love my country”. He started wearing when even CNN questioned why he was not wearing one.

So let’s all read Smash’s intellectually superior comments so we can elevate our thinking to the plateau the grass has elevated him to…

Yes, and why did I make the comments I made?? Because of people who were spewing HATE. Making suggestions Obama is anti-American or other such nonsense. My comments came as a result of post after post after post of people spewing hate, so I was questioning why people feel the need to spew hate instead of actually have some type of honest discussion on the issues, which it seems like is what the OP was looking for.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
To address the OP, yes I think he went into this with the best of intentions. I also think he was ill prepared for the job at hand and, unfortunately, did not surround himself with the best and brightest. Do I think McCain/Palin would have been better? HELL NO.

We are facing so many problems today, on so many fronts, that we will not be able to handle it all in a timely and proper way regardless of who holds office. The truth is that we can't "go back" to the way anything used to be, it's a universal impossibility no matter how many emotional speeches anyone makes. We ARE going to need to change the way we do thing in this country, it is inevitable. The way things used to be can't be supported today. That is just a fact. But the change will not come easy because people don't like change. They would rather think things are OK when on the surface they can see only what they want to see.

This is a beginning of a huge change in our country, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:31 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I really cannot agree that "he means well", as many of his attacks are directly against the interests of US citizens. I sincerely feel that anti-American elements are calling the shots in his administration.

1. Has another president ever sued a state for enforcing US law?
2. has another president ever asked the UN to evaluate a soveriegn state for enforcing thier laws?
3. Has any other president been so reckless with the treasury?
4. Has any other president attempted to destroy the competitiveness of US buisness with increased taxes, increased regulations, and the specte of "cap and trade"?
5. Favoring the interests of Islam over those over other faiths
6. Distancing traditional important allies in favor of appeasement of hostile elements to the US
7. Failure to rectify or enforce unfavorable trade agreements, further bleeding jobs overseas (this was a campaign pledge)

It seems as though everything Obama does is against the best interest of the nation. It would be different if he were a classical democrat who was a proponant of the poor and lower middle class, but this guy is against them also.

How many more days of his administration?
And now he reports to the UN Council of Human Rights that we, America, are guilty of human rights violations.

Why does he hate America so much?

Old 08-29-2010, 04:14 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
KevK why all the hate toward SUV's? Your dear leader rides in one daily.
I don't hate SUVs or the ex urbs. I used to own an Expedition. I just realized how much damage both are doing to the country as a whole.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:27 PM

229 posts, read 241,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Let me put it this way then:

The petroleum used to put gas in your tank may have been imported from a country that will use some of your dollars to export terrorism to your country.

Others, also known as your fellow Americans in the military, may have to physically defend easy access to that petroleum-based product.

If you and millions of other Americans consumed less gas then, perhaps, we could tell the petroleum sheiks and corrupt Arab politicians to go [BLEEP] themselves.

A mother of an Iraq KIA may have the right to plea for her fellow citizens to consume less gas.

See? Easy!
It is obvious that you never researched where our oil comes from.

Direct from the DOE ...

Crude Oil and Total Petroleum Imports Top 15 Countries

The reality is we get about 25% from the Middle East. I hate the fact that people tell this lie over and over. We are not reliant Oil from the middle east. We get 30% from Canada and Mexico. Saudi is 3rd on the list but after that Iraq and Kuwait are barely 3% of our total crude imports.

They would just sell it to China and India anyway so the Sheiks still get thier money.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Is Obama smarter than a 5th grader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
See, this is why you won't ever be taken seriously. If you think I AM A TYPICAL LIBERAL you are off your rocker. But that's ok.
What you have been schooled on is the birth certificate nonsense you continue to spout. Not by "typical liberals" but by the highest officials in the land who have sworn an oath to the fact that his bc is NOT a forgery and that he WAS born in Hawaii. If you refuse to acknowledge that then there is no talking to you.

If you really don't get that, and think you are right and I am wrong (unintelligent) then so be it. It means nothing to me.
Oh so you are going back to the Obama Birther thing, now I understand.

Whether Obama was born here or not, you are still a liberal.

Here is the proof ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
To address the OP, yes I think he went into this with the best of intentions. I also think he was ill prepared for the job at hand and, unfortunately, did not surround himself with the best and brightest. Do I think McCain/Palin would have been better? HELL NO.
So how's that unemployment going? He told us it would never go to 10%.
This guy, our "President" never ran a company, never commanded soldiers, never was a governer, etc etc. He was buddies with Resco and Ayers, cockroaches like his pal Blago and the dishonorable Rev. Wrong!!!

He is in over his head, his Czars are all lefty loonbags. I don't like Mccain or Palin but at least she has some executive experience and at least John Mccain knows how many states are in the union and would never sue a state. 10th grade economics would tell you that raising taxes in a recession is the wrong thing to do.

He don't care! He is just sticking to his agenda! It would be great if we had health insurance for all. First, build the wall, kick out all the illegals, expand medi-cade/care to cover those who fall between the cracks then cover whomever is left. That multi-trillion dollar plan gets down to mult-billion real fast!!

Nobody takes me seriously, *********! Only the libs don't take me seriously! Plently of fellow conservatives have granted me reputation points.

The lib login ...
Sure his doing a bad job but actually having someone in there that know what they are doing would be far worse. Barney Frank for president! Al Franken for VP!!

If Obama is so friggin smart then why with a democratic led congress are we still in a recession? Why are we heading for double digit inflation? Why does he sue Arizona and let the New Black Panthers off the hook? Why? Why? Why?

Old 08-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Default He is doing a bad job but its not his fault ... Blame it on Kenya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
And now he reports to the UN Council of Human Rights that we, America, are guilty of human rights violations.

Why does he hate America so much?
Cause he is a Kenyan and everyone know Kenyans hate America!

Thats for Ceece

Old 08-29-2010, 05:15 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
Oh so you are going back to the Obama Birther thing, now I understand.

Whether Obama was born here or not, you are still a liberal.

Here is the proof ...

So how's that unemployment going? He told us it would never go to 10%.
This guy, our "President" never ran a company, never commanded soldiers, never was a governer, etc etc. He was buddies with Resco and Ayers, cockroaches like his pal Blago and the dishonorable Rev. Wrong!!!

He is in over his head, his Czars are all lefty loonbags. I don't like Mccain or Palin but at least she has some executive experience and at least John Mccain knows how many states are in the union and would never sue a state. 10th grade economics would tell you that raising taxes in a recession is the wrong thing to do.

He don't care! He is just sticking to his agenda! It would be great if we had health insurance for all. First, build the wall, kick out all the illegals, expand medi-cade/care to cover those who fall between the cracks then cover whomever is left. That multi-trillion dollar plan gets down to mult-billion real fast!!

Nobody takes me seriously, *********! Only the libs don't take me seriously! Plently of fellow conservatives have granted me reputation points.

The lib login ...
Sure his doing a bad job but actually having someone in there that know what they are doing would be far worse. Barney Frank for president! Al Franken for VP!!

If Obama is so friggin smart then why with a democratic led congress are we still in a recession? Why are we heading for double digit inflation? Why does he sue Arizona and let the New Black Panthers off the hook? Why? Why? Why?
Ok few points.

First off, as far as how high the unemployment would go. Those comments were generally made prior to the extreme extent of the downturn being known. Everyone knew we were in for a big downturn and things would get quite bad, however until the GDP reports of the 4th quarter 08, the earnings reports of 4th quarter 08, the 2.2 million jobs lost during Bush's last three months in office were released, the extent of how bad wasn't known.

Secondly, when we have these types of downturns its takes a long time to recover. Its not going to happen overnight. Hell, look at the GOP's hero Reagan, we were another full year into his Presidency than we are into Obama's when things started turning around. Next, we have shown little signs of double digit inflation coming along. Inflation has been generally the one thing that has not been an issue during the recession.

As far as tax increases, we are talking about a very small segment of the population that will see any type of increase. On top of that the increases will not be on the entire income, only on the portions over $250,000. Also the 28% bracket will be extended slightly upward. Those who are at the levels just over the $250,000 will see no increases or very little. Also increasing taxes for the wealthy hasn't hurt (1993).

Old 08-29-2010, 05:34 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
The reality is we get about 25% from the Middle East. I hate the fact that people tell this lie over and over. We are not reliant Oil from the middle east. We get 30% from Canada and Mexico. Saudi is 3rd on the list but after that Iraq and Kuwait are barely 3% of our total crude imports.
So we are duty-bound to protect Saudi Arabia and Kuwait with our blood because we just wanna help out fellow Jeffersonian republics?

I guess the 1970's oil embargo and subsequent price shocks had no effect on the U.S. because, gee, we import so little oil from the Middle East.

Don't be naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies