Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 03:32 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
What are we afraid of? We are afraid that the all consuming, every growing, ignorance of those who can't tell a reality show wannabe from a well educated, well informed, individual will finally reach critical mass and our beloved country will be put into their hands and destroyed.
It's a sad commentary on the extent of the dumbing down of America that you actually had to spell out something so blatantly obvious. Think about your parents generation, nobody as dense as Palin would have had a chance in hell in their day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 03:48 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The amount of Palin bashing posts on this forum tell you that Palin is considered a serious threat. May Sarah Palin live long, prosper, and continue to strike fear into the hearts of liberals.
Do you have any evidence to back up your statement that you claim as facts?

Do you? Evidence? Facts?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
It's a sad commentary on the extent of the dumbing down of America that you actually had to spell out something so blatantly obvious. Think about your parents generation, nobody as dense as Palin would have had a chance in hell in their day.

My parents voted for Carter.

I like Palin because she isn't out to screw us for her own political benefit (see Stimulus), and doesn't search the Constitution for loopholes.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not "many", many liberals.

That seals the deal for me too.
So by your logic the left and centrists of the country can consider Obama a huge success because he aggravates you.

Thank god there are still a few left who can think for themselves.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You really need to run for governor of California, if you want to prove your aptitude is above Palin's. Otherwise, as you suggested in your original post, politely shut up.
If Sarah runs for Gov of CA I'll run against her.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
The likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
SP is pretty much like JJ or Sharpton. Loud, obnoxious, and embarrassing for anyone who isn't a whacked out extremist.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
For ONE year out of the past 2 and a half decades?

Alaska: $1.57
California: $0.81

Alaska: $1.57
California: $0.82

Alaska: $1.74
California: $0.79

Alaska: $1.79
California: $0.79

Alaska: $1.84
California: $0.78

Alaska: $1.84
California $0.78

You have to go all the way back to 1985 before you find Alaska not sucking on the Federal teat, and California taking so much as three CENTS more per dollar than they paid.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Taxes Paid vs. Federal Spending Received by State, 1981-2005

So California benefitted from a few cents in stimulus for the first time in 25 years. So what? Alaska still sucked up substantially more than California even in 2009.

I either want my damn money back or I want that witch to shut the hell up about Alaska's billions in surplus that MY TAXES put in their coffers.

And don't have the gall to ask a sitting Governor just what they've been doing after you probably actually served about a year of your full term, then quit for bull**** reasons with a word salad no one with a brain could make heads nor tails out of.

I'll tell you what he's been doing -- passing "Chelsea's Law" to protect our states children from child molesters by locking them away for life. What did Bailin Palin do to protect Alaska's children when she was Governor for 3 minutes? OH YEAH, how could I forget? She fired Walt Monegan for "going over her head" to get (more) Federal money to hire retired state troopers and other LEOs to investigate the most egregious cases of sexual assault -- including those against children.

The Washington Monthly

B**** is too nice a term for her.

The accusations made news, but with another dismissal of an ethics charge last week against Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice-presidential nominee has quietly been cleared of every ethics complaint filed since the torrent of allegations began in 2008.

Palin fends off ethics charges - Washington Times

You can't support the slimy tactics used by your leftist friends to destroy her governorship then whine about her quitting after they succeeded. If you can't defend the sleazy attacks that drove her from her office then you are the one who should have a seat on the **** bench.

As for CA, I really don't want my tax dollars (see Stimulus, potential state bailout) to be used to buy votes in a blue state after they have bankrupted themselves with liberal policies for which they cannot pay. If you want to have open immigration and virtually unlimited government excess, fine, find a way to pay for it without stealing from future generations and other states. The same applies to NY, MA and DC.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-11-2010 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
So by your logic the left and centrists of the country can consider Obama a huge success because he aggravates you.

Thank god there are still a few left who can think for themselves.

Last I heard "centrists" had deserted BO in droves.

"The new tracking finds that Obama's support among all voter segments has declined in the past year, but nowhere more than among independents."

Crucial independent voters abandoning Obama, now under 40%, lowest ever | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

So now we are really only taking about liberals who "consider Obama a huge success".

Did you think about that while you were thinking for yourself?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:31 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,141,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I'll remember that next election. Many politicians resign to run for the presidency (although Obama did not).
Yes, but didn't Palin run for VP, lose then sometime later quit the governorship not before running for VP?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Palin blasts Schwarzenegger for tweet (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/10/palin-blasts-schwarzenegger-for-tweet/ - broken link)

Just who in the hell do you think you are, woman? You have some gall, BRAGGING about Alaska's multi-billion dollar surplus versus California's deficit, when Alaska is literally a Federal WELFARE state, taking $1.84 for every dollar put in, when California only gets back 78 CENTS on the dollar. Why don't you return some of OUR money that your state has been "STEALING", b****?

It's especially galling for you to ask what Governor Schwarzenegger has been doing, when he's actually been WORKING while you've been gallivanting around the country making millions of dollars lying to the morons who swoon over you. What did you do in the 3 minutes you were Governor? Oh yeah, you lobbied the Federal Government for money to build your "Bridge to Nowhere", before taking off to run for Vice President, while lying over and over and over and over and over about saying "thanks, but no thanks" to your pet bridge project, then quit before your term was even finished!

Just shut UP already!

Yeah, yeah, I must be jealous/envious/terrified of her, blah blah blah.

only 78 cents?

take a look at your economy and take out all the federal contracts and the like and you will see that your state gets alot more than 78 cents.

heck, move the military bases, take away all the federal contracts there and see how much you do lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies