Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Palin on foreign policy:
YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy

Palin on being informed:
YouTube - Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Reads

Palin's knowledge of SCOTUS decisions:
YouTube - Couric Stumps Palin With Supreme Court Question

These were when she was running for the VP position. I hope she's more informed today but all I've heard her do is toe the Tea Party line rather then saying anything original or illuminating.

Her history of going after her detractors is well documented.

The Vanity Fair article on her is very illuminating and I've had Alaskans pretty much confirm much of what was written (I'm in Alaska, too).
Damn! You are obsessed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 06:50 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Damn! You are obsessed!
No, just willing to back up my assertions, which is what I was asked to do.

It's Friday on the North Slope, I truly have nothing else to do tonight save play on the forums!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
The amount of Palin bashing posts on this forum tell you that Palin is considered a serious threat. May Sarah Palin live long, prosper, and continue to strike fear into the hearts of liberals.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Wynternight, how the hell did she get elected? What the heck is she talking about?

Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Me too! I love that they hate her so much. It proves her effectiveness. There isn't one Democrat who can hold a candle to this lady.

Go Sarah!!!! She's got my vote for whatever she seeks.
You consider her effective because many find her despicable?

Seems like a bit of nonsensical logic, but whatever.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Wynternight, how the hell did she get elected? What the heck is she talking about?
She was a tough, no nonsense, bi-partisan (some of the time) mayor and governor and was very popular before hitting the national stage.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
She was a tough, no nonsense, bi-partisan (some of the time) mayor and governor and was very popular before hitting the national stage.
What a disgusting POS she proved to be. <sarcasm>

Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM

I will say this, in fairness to Mrs. Palin: she has been subject to some really nasty, below the belt comments from the liberal media and has every right to defend against those. People going after her family, the kids and grandkids, is just wrong. Stick to the issues but leave the kids out, especially little Trig.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
You consider her effective because many find her despicable?

Seems like a bit of nonsensical logic, but whatever.

Not "many", many liberals.

That seals the deal for me too.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:10 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,531 times
Quote:
I will say this, in fairness to Mrs. Palin: she has been subject to some really nasty, below the belt comments from the liberal media and has every right to defend against those. People going after her family, the kids and grandkids, is just wrong. Stick to the issues but leave the kids out, especially little Trig.
I spew venom about Palin myself, but I agree with what you write. I do feel she could use her platform to affect even more change- its obvious that people enjoy listening to her, or at least have the ears perked.

About Trig, well, Palin's venom after the South Park episode seemed typical Palin fashion. She declares victim status when she feels criticized and publicly mourns on behalf of all the others that were victimized by this. If she is concerned for all the "victims" why wait for a ridiculous cartoon to start her plight? Perhaps she is behind some special needs awareness campaigns or org's. Perhaps somebody can point out which ones. It would make sense if she was using some energy for that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies