Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

I might have 95 cents or so in the ashtray of my fish truck; soon as I can afford one of those fancy airmails stamps I'll see about getting it on it's way.

I think we don't have no paved roads and such because the ex gov. didn't know our island is part of the state of Alaska, thought we were Africa I guess.

Tell ya what. The winter before last, the people of the Yukon Delta were in literal crisis mode. A carton of eggs cost $22. There were no salmon for them that year because of some pesky little federal regulations.

The governor was chasing every camera in site while the people had no pork chops to eat.
I do hope you realize I don't really want my money back. It was hyperbole.

And if things are that bad for so many in Alaska, all I want to know from Wailin Palin is, what the hell is Alaska doing with their multi-billion dollar surplus if they're letting people starve??? If I were a starving Alaskan, I'd be outraged over that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 PM

860 posts, read 2,056,595 times
I bet there's more than a few of us Alaskans would be happy to let the feds keep all their money if we could have our land back. With all the resources going down south from this state we'd be the richest per-capata country in North America. We could even pave our roads and let the Yupik's up north have their fish and survive.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
This thread is ridiculous. When the OP or anyone else calls out palin, the Palin cults have nothing better to come up with except "I love the way she scares libs" or do something to attack whatever state is being defended. As many of you ignored, there were conservatives in this thread posting about how they themselves don't like Palin and yet the Palin cult goes after the Liberals still. I could say the same damn thing. I love Obama because he pisses off the right. GROW UP!
Of course this thread is ridiculous...look at the OP. As someone else noted..shrill, shrieking frontal attack on Palin. For what?

Oh yeah, responding to a dig by Arnie. (As an aside, look at the heading by CNN.."Palin Blasts Schwarzennegger". You call that tweet a 'blast'?).

So yeah, it is funny to see how enraged and frothing the left will get at the mere mention of her name. Don't want to hear people defend her? Stop picking up every crumb and using it to vent against her. Sheesh.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

And if things are that bad for so many in Alaska, all I want to know from Wailin Palin is, what the hell is Alaska doing with their multi-billion dollar surplus if they're letting people starve??? If I were a starving Alaskan, I'd be outraged over that.
We were outraged, even the non starving among us.

This was only happening in a few Native Villages along the Yukon--didn't really affect most of us. Private donations took care of them.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
I bet there's more than a few of us Alaskans would be happy to let the feds keep all their money if we could have our land back. With all the resources going down south from this state we'd be the richest per-capata country in North America. We could even pave our roads and let the Yupik's up north have their fish and survive.
That.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
I am mad because I live in California and Sarah Palin, being a hypocrite, is showing she's even stupider for calling out someone for staying in office their whole term while she was off spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on clothes, running for VP, worrying about Levi johnston, then quits, now she wants a reality show on TLC or Discovery channel. The bi*ch is nothing but an attention wh*re.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:23 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

You really need to run for governor of California, if you want to prove your aptitude is above Palin's. Otherwise, as you suggested in your original post, politely shut up.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Of course, or I would not have posted it.

Last year California took in $364 billion dollars, and paid $264 billion in taxes. That is a ratio of $1.31 for every $1.00, and it means California alone was responsible for adding $81 billion to the national debt in 2009.
Interesting - I stand corrected.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You really need to run for governor of California, if you want to prove your aptitude is above Palin's. Otherwise, as you suggested in your original post, politely shut up.
Palin has charisma, but there are scores of average citizens whose aptitude is indeed above Palin's.

But I guess if you consider the ability to rile up shi@storms from both the left and the right, then Palin scores high. She can put her trophy next to her beauty pageant crown. I am sure she thanks you for your defense and support.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:35 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post

Tell you what, I'll shut up about Sarah Palin as soon as Sarah Palin shuts up. Deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies