Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 06:47 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,662,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Who has gall? We all know why Palin resigned. She did it because you liberals forced her too, because she had to put too much energy into defending her honor, and she didn't want to cheat Alaska by being a part time governor. YOU contributed to this!

Shame on you!! And to quote your last line:

BUT she is getting even with the left now and boy do they deserve it!

I still remember the nutcase in California that had a Sarah Palin replica HANGING outside of his home with a noose around its neck.
Go Sarah! Show them you are not afraid of them.
Use every ounce of your strength to FIGHT them and let someone else be Governor.
You honored your state by getting all of those stalking nutcases out of Alaska and ended all of the lawsuits.
Did they care how your children would feel seeing that replica hanging with the noose on national television?
No they did not.
Who cares what they think now?
Nobody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,529,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Yes, but didn't Palin run for VP, lose then sometime later quit the governorship not before running for VP?
Why Palin Quit - WSJ.com

Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,668,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
It's especially galling for you to ask what Governor Schwarzenegger has been doing, when he's actually been WORKING while you've been gallivanting around the country making millions of dollars lying to the morons who swoon over you. What did you do in the 3 minutes you were Governor? Oh yeah, you lobbied the Federal Government for money to build your "Bridge to Nowhere", before taking off to run for Vice President, while lying over and over and over and over and over about saying "thanks, but no thanks" to your pet bridge project, then quit before your term was even finished!
It's much more galling to the rest of us than it is to Palin, who isn't troubled by silly concepts such as "reality."

Old 09-11-2010, 07:11 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,662,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
To quote from your link:

"She may wind up having the last laugh."

She did get the last laugh and they really can't take it.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,030,127 times
Palin the women who talk family values, yet cant keep her daughters legs shut or even teach her daughter basic sex ed.

Palin the same person who quits on her state after 2 years to join foxnews and film a few Tv Shows.

Sigh.......We can all ignore Palin she will never be President or Vice President.
As I can never see her holding any political office again. Atleast if there any other smart conservatives are out there.

Shes another Beck or Limbaugh, she's a entertainer.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:14 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,013,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
BUT she is getting even with the left now and boy do they deserve it!

I still remember the nutcase in California that had a Sarah Palin replica HANGING outside of his home with a noose around its neck.
Go Sarah! Show them you are not afraid of them.
Use every ounce of your strength to FIGHT them and let someone else be Governor.
You honored your state by getting all of those stalking nutcases out of Alaska and ended all of the lawsuits.
Did they care how your children would feel seeing that replica hanging with the noose on national television?
No they did not.
Who cares what they think now?
Nobody.
OMG, not this stuff again! Pretty soon, someone will post a picture of Obama in a noose, and on and on it will go. If you think "the other side" is the only one that uses those tactics, think again!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:17 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,856,347 times
Quote:
Palin blasts Schwarzenegger for tweet (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/10/palin-blasts-schwarzenegger-for-tweet/ - broken link)

Just who in the hell do you think you are, woman? You have some gall, BRAGGING about Alaska's multi-billion dollar surplus versus California's deficit, when Alaska is literally a Federal WELFARE state, taking $1.84 for every dollar put in, when California only gets back 78 CENTS on the dollar. Why don't you return some of OUR money that your state has been "STEALING", b****?

It's especially galling for you to ask what Governor Schwarzenegger has been doing, when he's actually been WORKING while you've been gallivanting around the country making millions of dollars lying to the morons who swoon over you. What did you do in the 3 minutes you were Governor? Oh yeah, you lobbied the Federal Government for money to build your "Bridge to Nowhere", before taking off to run for Vice President, while lying over and over and over and over and over about saying "thanks, but no thanks" to your pet bridge project, then quit before your term was even finished!

Just shut UP already!

Yeah, yeah, I must be jealous/envious/terrified of her, blah blah blah.
She can question whatever the hell she wants. Ever heard of freedom of speech. Oh I forgot, only leftist have freedom of speech.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:47 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,457,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Quote:

I'll tell you what he's been doing -- passing "Chelsea's Law" to protect our states children from child molesters by locking them away for life. What did Bailin Palin do to protect Alaska's children when she was Governor for 3 minutes? OH YEAH, how could I forget? She fired Walt Monegan for "going over her head" to get (more) Federal money to hire retired state troopers and other LEOs to investigate the most egregious cases of sexual assault -- including those against children.
The accusations made news, but with another dismissal of an ethics charge last week against Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the former Republican vice-presidential nominee has quietly been cleared of every ethics complaint filed since the torrent of allegations began in 2008.

Palin fends off ethics charges - Washington Times

You can't support the slimy tactics used by your leftist friends to destroy her governorship then whine about her quitting after they succeeded. Grow up and own your sliminess, but if you can't defend the sleazy attacks that drove her from her office then you are the one who should have a seat on the **** bench.
Hilarious! I quote Sarah Palin's claimed reason she fired Monegan and you change the conversation to the ethics violations suits. Like I said, Governor Schwarzenegger has actually DONE something to protect children from sexual molesters, Former Half-Governor Palin said she fired someone for seeking funding to protect children from sexual molesters. And she wants to know what the Governor who's actually doing something has been doing. His job, which is a hell of a lot more than anyone can say about Palin.

But I'll tell you what, I'll give you the stated reason that Wailin Palin gave in her garbled speech for being a quitter, followed by her own spokesperson contradicting that lie.
Palin: " the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to "opposition research" - that's money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers - or safer roads."
Oh RLY?

Let's see about that, shall we?
"[David Murrow, a spokesperson for the Governor,] acknowledged to our reporter, Amanda Erickson, that [the expenditures] total was arrived at by adding up attorney hours spent on fending off complaints — based on the fixed salaries of lawyers in the governor’s office and the Department of Law. The money would have gone to the lawyers no matter what they were doing."
Key Reason Palin Gave For Quitting May Be False | The Plum Line

Palin, liar, liar, pants on fire. "that money" was fixed salaries that was never going to go to troopers, teachers or roads -- EVER.

So she lied to you about quitting to save the poor taxpayer's money due to the ethics violations. There was no money spent that wasn't going to be spent anyway. It was salaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

only 78 cents?

take a look at your economy and take out all the federal contracts and the like and you will see that your state gets alot more than 78 cents.

heck, move the military bases, take away all the federal contracts there and see how much you do lose.
Then I'm sure you'd apply the same thing to Alaska, right?

Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 AM

646 posts, read 394,961 times
I love liberals. sarah palin is annoying, so I ignore her. however, liberals, women especially, take hatred to a whole new level. the OP basically saying that palin should not be allowed to talk. what the hell is that all about? there isn't a more hateful group out there than liberals.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,081,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You go girl!

Palin needs a case of lockjaw. He tongue flaps around like a beached fish. She is evil...that's right evil. She has done nothing but spew garbage. She's high on the attention and money. I'm still waiting for someone to come up with one great and noble thing that this creepy woman has done.
IMO and experience, I applaud Sarah Palin for her "GUTS" in standing up, ignoring the ignorant and being honest and forthright in her support of our Constitution. She fully understands the difference between Federal, State and individual rights guaranteed by our Constitution.

I've been around long enough and had to deal with women in positions of power from organizations to corporations/business to political and I know there are very few women capable of shedding the "genetically-inherited" female thinking/actions in order to function in positions of power. Sarah is one of them. Margaret Thatcher is another, as is Queen Elizabeth II. Hillary Clinton is NOT!

Yes, she scares the bejeezes out of most politicians and has most of the female population (especially the Women's Lib segment) scared to death. In women it is usually jealously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies