Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
This post is disgusting.

So basically if a bunch of Muslims burn an American flag on US soil to intentionally offend us and are shot by a bunch of citizens you would think that they were getting exactly what they were bargaining for?

If two gay men started kissing in the middle of a square nearby many Christians who find their love offensive and then the two are horribly beaten, you're saying they got what they asked for?

What a bunch of politically correct BS you wrote. It sickens me excusing these radical nutjobs behavior just because you have some sort of apologetic attitude towards radical Islam.

The people inciting death threats against this woman are terrorists. They intent to instill fear in everyone protesting freedom of expression and the idea that not everyone should live by the laws of someone else's religion. Yes, these people who are turning violent are evil, pure evil, and I could give a crap if they're offended by a stupid drawing. If they have a problem with it they are free to write a letter or protest peacefully.

Then again, I'm sure I'm offending some by writing this (which I could care less about). So I guess I deserve to die now.
You obviously don't care to have a discussion of any substance. Good evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 06:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
You are making no sense.
That can only be because you don't know what "existential threat" means.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
What makes you an expert on outrage?
Not a damn thing.

You?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
And to do so you think nothing should be done to upset them,up to quashing freedom of speech??
Freedom of speech is not quashed by good judgment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC
To add,Islam certainly had something to do with making those 3000 dead on 9/11 no longer exist...
So... you live in fear?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:39 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I have never said anything about "behaving." I have merely recommended not being stupid.

Not even close.

If there are no robbers in the area, do not invite some over. If no one is trying to kill you, do not give them a motive to do so.
I think we both get what the other is saying - at this point we are pissing around with bad analogies. I may not be too far away from where you stand - see some of my earlier posts. But I can never agree that just because a minority will be pissed, we do not do something legal.

Dinner time - gotta go.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,170 times
Quote:
That can only be because you don't know what "existential threat" means.
as far as I know "existential threat" means global and terminal.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Freedom of speech is not quashed by good judgment.
Actually,it is.

Quote:
So... you live in fear?
No,but I also do not rely upon the platitudes of Muslims that despite all the evidence to the contrary,their religion is peaceful.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM

37,175 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually,it is.

No,but I also do not rely upon the platitudes of Muslims that despite all the evidence to the contrary,their religion is peaceful.
Perhaps you should go and actually meet a Muslim and talk with him. It would be enlightening.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Perhaps you should go and actually meet a Muslim and talk with him. It would be enlightening.
Why,are Muslims above lying?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that's pretty hard to believe. you know as well as anyone how far this crowd will go to defend the murderous and bloodthirsty...

as long as they're muslim, that is.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies