Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I would think a lawyer of all people would know hearsay is not viable evidence in court.

having a witness making a statement in court about his observations is NOT hearsay.

A statement made by the defendant relayed by a witness is NOT hearsay. It's a party admission..

Try again with your insults. At least know something about law first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So, you are in favor of discrimination.
What, other than a sexual orientation, would make someone ineligible to serve in the military?
I absolutely favor discrimination in the US military, and so does Congress and any other rational human being. Statistics released by the Pentagon show that 75% of young people ages 17 to 24 are currently unable to enlist in the US military. Three of the most common barriers for potential recruits are failure to graduate high school, a criminal record, and physical fitness issues, including obesity.

Even those who have high school diplomas, abide by the law, hetrosexual, and stay physically fit will fail the Armed Forces Qualification Test 30% of the time.

Source: http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/P...e_to_serve.pdf

Old 09-22-2010, 01:30 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Of course they are. It's called homophobia. Why does it exist? Hate based on fear -- or -- fear based on hate? One way or another, DODT is based on homophobia. If it didn't exist, we wouldn't be talking about it.
I certainly am not irrationally afraid of gay people. Sorry if you think so. Of course, when you can create a strawman caricature of a person it's easier to attack them, isn't it?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I absolutely favor discrimination in the US military, and so does Congress and any other rational human being. Statistics released by the Pentagon show that 75% of young people ages 17 to 24 are currently unable to enlist in the US military. Three of the most common barriers for potential recruits are failure to graduate high school, a criminal record, and physical fitness issues, including obesity.

Even those who have high school diplomas, abide by the law, hetrosexual, and stay physically fit will fail the Armed Forces Qualification Test 30% of the time.

Source: http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/P...e_to_serve.pdf
Yeah, I worded my sentence poorly.
I should have asked completely differently.
There are reasons why people shouldn't be in the military... people with a score of 8 on their ASVABS are trying to get in.
The Army does take people without GED or HS diploma; they have and may still take gangbangers and felons. I know that they were over the past few years and I was so disgusted that I quit following it.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
This is a bit of a strawman argument, frankly. Nobody is irrationally afraid of homosexuals.
Thank you. But we all know this is the way they debate. .

Old 09-22-2010, 01:46 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Of course they are. It's called homophobia. Why does it exist? Hate based on fear -- or -- fear based on hate? One way or another, DODT is based on homophobia. If it didn't exist, we wouldn't be talking about it.
Disapproving of something does not automatically equal "hate."

Old 09-22-2010, 01:49 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Why a 'compliment'? Did you do something to 'make' yourself hetero? Or is that just the way you were born?

For example: If someone tried to compliment me on my looks, I'd ignore it because my looks come from my family heritage. But if they complimented me on my manners, I'd accept it because I try always to live by the rules on politeness my mother taught me.
Don't need to nitpick. I see it as a compliment. Because I am able to enjoy the opposite sex in ways homosexuals can't. (I typed out the full word "homosexuals" to prevent me from explaining why I used the shortened word for the next 10 posts.)

Old 09-22-2010, 01:52 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Disapproving of something does not automatically equal "hate."
Without hate, those throwing around the labels have no ammunition. They have to link everything to hate otherwise it doesn't suit their agenda.

I dislike green beans, cutting grass and flip flops... I don't hate any of them.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Homophobic = you do not agree with/hate gays
islamophobic = you do not agree with/hate Islam

So it should lead to Christianophobic = you do not agree with/hate Christians.

Seems those who throw around those terms don't want to make the leap to the last term. One cannot have their cake and eat it too.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
A bit off-topic, doncha think, janelle?
What does that have to do with the thread topic?
Other than christers frequently use religion to spew hatred against gays?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies