Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,031,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Maybe I could with you but some people consider it an insult.
my friends actually call me "wetbakk". We have all kinds of names for each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Votes to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell are lacking and the bill won't pass. It does not matter that most of the civilized nations have already accomplished this. The United States, bastion of freedom, defender of liberty nose dives into an empty pool....

Never thought I would see the day. Unbelievable.
I have to say, I am surprised, but I think it goes quite a bit deeper than what you are saying or thinking. It isn't just homophobic mentality. It is more what can and will be accpeted by those in the military and what will and will not work.

Nita

Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Here's a partial list of the countries just like the United States on this matter....which should have been settled years ago; so we can get on with fixing our country, instead of focusing on divisive issues......our country is obsessed with divisive issues!

(1) IRAN.....how nice.
(2) NORTH KOREA...nice company.
(3) PAKISTAN.....no comment.
(4) SAUDI ARABIA....interesting.
That's a few and there are a few more...like China, and yet we preach to the rest of the world about freedom and equal rights. Seems sanctimonous to me....perhaps we can start a new "axis of evil" with some of our "commrades" in "arms". Haven't we repeatedly condemned these countries for many things; yet we apparently have some rather "backward" policies in common with these same countries. This is part of the reason that we are not respected in the world anymore.

Sexual orientation and military service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's an interesting map. The BLUE countries allow Gays to serve openly...the RED countries do NOT allow equal rights on this issue(gray countries...no data available); even Russia is far ahead of the U.S. on this matter>>>>>>>>>>>

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...itary_laws.png
far ahead of us on this issue? well that depends on your point of view.
you can say anything you want, but the U.S is still the best military in the world.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM

20,839 posts, read 17,154,494 times
News. There are decorated soldiers in the military who are gay. They are not slipping stuff into your door or any other chamber. They are strong, loyal, sacred soldiers. I don't think many of you homophobes calling these heroic men and women pervs or unnatural is even relevant. If you want to live under a rock with your fantasy about reality be my guest.........the homophobic are the 1st ones to cry help me....and likely it will be a soldier who protects your ass, maybe a gay one........would you care? Sure nuf you would not....so get off your pedestals and accept that men and women love who they love and they will protect your ignorant butt anytime anywhere............even if you can't grow up to see it.

peace out.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
News. There are decorated soldiers in the military who are gay. They are not slipping stuff into your door or any other chamber. They are strong, loyal, sacred soldiers. I don't think many of you homophobes calling these heroic men and women pervs or unnatural is even relevant. If you want to live under a rock with your fantasy about reality be my guest.........the homophobic are the 1st ones to cry help me....and likely it will be a soldier who protects your ass, maybe a gay one........would you care? Sure nuf you would not....so get off your pedestals and accept that men and women love who they love and they will protect your ignorant butt anytime anywhere............even if you can't grow up to see it.

peace out.
great post The point that you make needs to be repeated. I would bet that those soldiers that you speak of put their country ahead of their personal interests (sexual orientation included) what do you think?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,789,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
far ahead of us on this issue? well that depends on your point of view.
you can say anything you want, but the U.S is still the best military in the world.
Well if the precious Tea Party movement ever got their hands on it they would dismantle it and most government everything tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
great post The point that you make needs to be repeated. I would bet that those soldiers that you speak of put their country ahead of their personal interests (sexual orientation included) what do you think?
you and nthe other poster really don't get it, do you?

Well of course not, you're a bunch of raving conservatives. Homosexuality is as existent as heterosexuality, but this policy forces discrimination onto people with absolutely no purpose....what good does it serve the US government to have this particular policy?

See bold: so i guess the next time a female soldiers goes on maternity leave, she's just being a selfish jerk about it...Country First?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:45 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,343,270 times
Honestly, I don't get it. Why does the gay lobby insist on putting their sexuality in everyone's face? Go be gay, enjoy, have at it. For the record, I do think that people are born gay and most aren't gay 'by choice'. The fact is, I don't care if you're gay or straight, and I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of soldier your are. I don't want to hear about straight sex or gay sex.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Honestly, I don't get it. Why does the gay lobby insist on putting their sexuality in everyone's face? Go be gay, enjoy, have at it. For the record, I do think that people are born gay and most aren't gay 'by choice'. The fact is, I don't care if you're gay or straight, and I don't think it has anything to do with what kind of soldier your are. I don't want to hear about straight sex or gay sex.
Isn't there a black lobby?
Stop flaunting your blackness

Isn't there a women's lobby?
Stop flaunting your womenhood

Isn't there a Christian lobby?
Stop throwing the Bible in our faces

The fact of the matter is Gays are discriminated against, plain and simple. denied rights granted to hetero couples, DADT is about as pure as it comes.

When the discrimination stops, and society accepts homosexuality then maybe you'll get your wish.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:20 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,318,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenge2ful View Post
Homophobia = greek for fear of homos...

Wrong expression...

The people are not afraid of homos...
After all,what is there to be afraid of them..?

That they will steal our wives from us ..?

The people dislike homos ,as everyone has the right to dislike...anyone...
Disliking somebody does NOT give you grounds to take away their rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies