Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 02:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You brought me up when you said Christer.
It might make you a better person.
I don't need to prove anything, just clarification.
Why yes, I am special, so are you.
What might make me a better person? How wonderfully judgmental of you. Typical christer behavior.

Does that mean that gay people are special, too?

Basically, I disagree with you.
We're generic people.
I'm no different from anyone else.
Neither are gay people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 02:33 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
If two lesbians in the military want to have children, and use expensive medical science to do this because it's impossible for women to have sex with each other and produce children by mere fact of biology, will the tax payer have to pay for their choice?
Is it available to their straight counterparts? Then yes, they should be allowed to do so.
In my opinion, and an opinon shared by the majority of lawmakers in many states, homosexuals are not qualified to be parents. It is a form of child abuse to force a child to be raised in a deviant household where abnormal sex is considered normal. In most states homosexuals can not legally adopt so I imagine they wouldn't be able to genetically engineer children in a lab either. So, the issue of taxpayer funding for such a disaster is moot.

[edit]
Man, any thread about homosexuals sure draws lots of posters. It is impossible to keep up and read everything. Some people really get fired up about this topic.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
In my opinion, and an opinon shared by the majority of lawmakers in many states, homosexuals are not qualified to be parents. It is a form of child abuse to force a child to be raised in a deviant household where abnormal sex is considered normal. In most states homosexuals can not legally adopt so I imagine they wouldn't be able to genetically engineer children in a lab either. So, the issue of taxpayer funding for such a disaster is moot.

[edit]
Man, any thread about homosexuals sure draws lots of posters. It is impossible to keep up and read everything. Some people really get fired up about this topic.
Your opinion is sick and hateful.
You really think that being gay is only about sex?
What about the rest of the hateros, is there existence about sex only?

Old 09-22-2010, 02:43 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
I don't think a child being brought up in a homosexual home is ideal. Sorry but a child needs a mom and a dad.
I have always felt so sorry for Rosie Odonnel's children, seems she has a bunch. Rosie obviously has mental challenges and I can't believe it is a healthy environment.
Anyone taking bets how soon after those kids are adults the books start being published.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:45 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So it is in fact possible to dislike a group of people but not hate them? A simple yes or no would be great...

I guess you missed this question chielgirl, I know you couldn't have possible passed it by because the obvious answer would prove you wrong...

Yes or no?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I don't think a child being brought up in a homosexual home is ideal. Sorry but a child needs a mom and a dad.
I have always felt so sorry for Rosie Odonnel's children, seems she has a bunch. Rosie obviously has mental challenges and I can't believe it is a healthy environment.
Anyone taking bets how soon after those kids are adults the books start being published.
But so many heterosexual women have mental problems. There's no shortage of heterosexual women who will subject their children to abusive fathers for the sake of the drama, and makes their kids suffer. I would think a loving homosexual couple would make better parents than a woman who desires to be around thugs.

It may not be "ideal" but is any situation actually ideal?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny how you take all of this personally; even the posts specifically directed at others.
Why, at any time, should I know anything about your religion?
What are you (generic) trying to prove to others by your beliefs? That you're special?
Not just you, but others accuse Christians of hatred simply for wanting to be moral. Christianity isn't about hate.

Makes one wonder if you're a Christophobe.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Not just you, but others accuse Christians of hatred simply for wanting to be moral. Christianity isn't about hate.
Christianity is about love.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Anymore if someone disagrees with an opinion it's because they either hate or have a phobia. I guess that is an easy out not to debate the issues.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
But so many heterosexual women have mental problems. There's no shortage of heterosexual women who will subject their children to abusive fathers for the sake of the drama, and makes their kids suffer. I would think a loving homosexual couple would make better parents than a woman who desires to be around thugs.

It may not be "ideal" but is any situation actually ideal?
You are correct there are a lot of less than ideal situations for children today. But I believe each chld deserves atleast a chance at a family the way God has planned for us.

A mom and a mom is not the same as a mom and a dad.
I think it is confusing and unfair to a child to be brought up in a same sex couple situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies