Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You should give a clinic on 'rationalizing' ...and attemping to 'justifying' your bad habits.

I'm giving one...on folks 'realizing' their harmful mistakes...so they can spare themselves MISERY!
What do you think the medical marijuana initiative is all about? Relieving MISERY. Alternative medicine!
Same could be said for getting high, an escape from the misery. Imagine you just returned from Iraq and you're having problems, ptsd, flashbacks, depression, or painful injury. You experience relief from smoking some sweet mj. How can you say that is wrong?
By the way, war shortens life spans - I hope you are a pacifist.
til the morrow, good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 01:21 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,684,083 times
This Republican thinks it sure would be nice if they would legalize it here in Florida, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Especially not with Govenor Voldemort running around.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:24 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why do care about other people's habits? And do you lead a completely 100% "pure" life? If so, good for you, but some of us are fine with taking a few risks... especially if the benefits & pleasure outweigh the risks.
These so-called 'risks' you casually mention...not only harm the partaker of the dangerous substance....but other innocent men, woman and children who are exposed to these 'dopers' on the roads, highways...and kids who are led into that vile lifestyle. Am I angry about it...you better believe I am. And I'm not alone!! Millions of wise people know that junk is terrible for human consumption.

And that is why the majority of States have stiff laws against it!! -

Old 11-25-2011, 01:32 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
These so-called 'risks' you casually mention...not only harm the partaker of the dangerous substance....but other innocent men, woman and children who are exposed to these 'dopers' on the roads, highways...and kids who are led into that vile lifestyle.
You need to take a chill pill - actually, I think you need to smoke a bowl. Most pot smokers know better than to drive high, and studies have PROVEN that drunk driving is exponentially more dangerous... so why aren't you angry about alcohol being legal? Adults are given the trust (of the government) to know when enough is enough, and when it's not appropriate to drive under the influence. We should be given this same trust towards marijuana, especially considering how harmless it is in comparison to alcohol and tobacco.

And what "vile lifestyle" are you referring to? My lifestyle is probably no different from yours, with the exception of the small amount of pot I smoke AT HOME AT NIGHT. If somebody has a nightcap or glass of wine before bed, they are no worse than someone like myself. But again, I don't hear you getting all worked up over that.

Quote:
Am I angry about it...you better believe I am. And I'm not alone!! Millions of wise people know that junk is terrible for human consumption.
But luckily most people know to mind their own business, and recognize that lots of enjoyable things are "junk." There's always a line outside the McDonald's drive-through, but I don't let that make me angry... their bodies, their choice.

Quote:
And that is why the majority of States have stiff laws against it!! -
No they don't... most states barely consider it a misdemeanor anymore, around 12 have legalized it for medical use, and many states have now decriminalized it. Here in California, even without a medical prescription it's only considered a minor violation - something like a $100 ticket, which doesn't even go on your record. It's actually a smaller fine than speeding, as I unfortunately know from experience.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:35 AM

P.S. Did you really just call us "dopers?" LOL!! Somebody's been watching too much "Reefer Madness," it seems.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What do you think the medical marijuana initiative is all about? Relieving MISERY. Alternative medicine!
Yup!! I had a friend who fought a brain tumor for nearly half of his life, and sadly passed away in 2009 at age 36... when he was undergoing chemo (on & off for like 15 years), marijuana was the ONLY thing that allowed him to eat. He was the first person I knew with a legal prescription, and it literally kept him alive for years. I also have a friend who's HIV positive, and again it's the only way to stimulate his appetite when he's ill. It doesn't cure any diseases, but does prevent wasting and malnutrition - which are often the cause of death among AIDs & chemo patients. It also relieves physical pain, more effectively and without the side-effects of those evil Rx drugs. Should these people not have the right to live/thrive, just because some paranoid control freaks say so? Not in my opinion.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
You need to take a chill pill - actually, I think you need to smoke a bowl. Most pot smokers know better than to drive high, and studies have PROVEN that drunk driving is exponentially more dangerous... so why aren't you angry about alcohol being legal? Adults are given the trust (of the government) to know when enough is enough, and when it's not appropriate to drive under the influence. We should be given this same trust towards marijuana, especially considering how harmless it is in comparison to alcohol and tobacco.

And what "vile lifestyle" are you referring to? My lifestyle is probably no different from yours, with the exception of the small amount of pot I smoke AT HOME AT NIGHT. If somebody has a nightcap or glass of wine before bed, they are no worse than someone like myself. But again, I don't hear you getting all worked up over that.

But luckily most people know to mind their own business, and recognize that lots of enjoyable things are "junk." There's always a line outside the McDonald's drive-through, but I don't let that make me angry... their bodies, their choice.

No they don't... most states barely consider it a misdemeanor anymore, around 12 have legalized it for medical use, and many states have now decriminalized it. Here in California, even without a medical prescription it's only considered a minor violation - something like a $100 ticket, which doesn't even go on your record. It's actually a smaller fine than speeding, as I unfortunately know from experience.
Totally false, lying propaganda! Try breaking the drug laws in Texas and throughout the SouthEast...places where people still have morals and have not had their brains fried into insanity!

Old 11-25-2011, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Totally false, lying propaganda! Try breaking the drug laws in Texas and throughout the SouthEast...places where people still have morals and have not had their brains fried into insanity!
Yeah, Texas and the southeast... the only parts of the US where it's still a big deal, and not coincidentally the most "red" states in our country. Talk about spreading propaganda, I'd say those areas are most guilty of it! I'd also say the rest of the country is more enlightened, more informed on the subject, and cares more about personal freedoms. If what we believe (in the west & northeast) is equatable to immorality & fried brains, I'm proud to be labeled as such. And this is why you'll never catch me moving to the south.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Imprisoning someone for decades over pot is much more harmful than pot itself. That's not moral.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Texas and the southeast... the only parts of the US where it's still a big deal, and not coincidentally the most "red" states in our country. Talk about spreading propaganda, I'd say those areas are most guilty of it! I'd also say the rest of the country is more enlightened, more informed on the subject, and cares more about personal freedoms. If what we believe (in the west & northeast) is equatable to immorality & fried brains, I'm proud to be labeled as such. And this is why you'll never catch me moving to the south.
Good, glad to hear that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies