Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,880,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
People are not that easily swayed, I hope. Obama's timing i am sure was planned . There has been so much voter fraud, that nothing in the least would surprise me right now. Desperate Party's take Drastic Measures!
Voter fraud was under Bush and the Repugs.. and yes people are easily swayed.

Face it you have a president that said he was going to bring national health care and did.. and did it in a way that will make the deficit drop ( it makes more than it costs)
the stock market made massive gains
the economy came out of a recession,
he saved the auto industry (and likely our economy)
He eliminated wasteful spending..including sacking the f-22
nominated Sotomayor
signed the $787B stimulus package - which the CBO reports created 1.6M jobs
signed the sCHip expansion covering 4 million children with health care
signed land bill designation 2 million acres as protected
the credit card reform -which saved the people $millions
signed family smoking and prevention act
Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
increased reporting of casualties of war
eased the burden for families that lost a child in the service
limited the rights of lobbyists
the housing rescue plan which helped housing immensely
funds for research, schools, mass transit, and moreimproved the banking rescue plan , which mostly has been repaid as a result
restarted the nuclear proliferation talks
working towards immigration reform
improved veteran benefits
brought Palestine and Israel to the bargaining table
massive tax cuts
downsizing the war in Iraq
and so much more

So exactly what didn't anyone get? ( other than the top 1% that he wants to remove the tax credit from) incidentally when Clinton diod that it spurred massive job creation but the Repugs are dragging their feet...

On the opposite side we got
2 recessions
2 stock martket crashes,
unemployment increases
the largest loss of jobs overseas
a doubling of deficits
a war
and that's the short list

and people want more of the later?... So yes people are easily swayed as there is nothing logical about going back to the Repugs.... they have brought us nothing good. The people have bought the lies they promoted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:15 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YES! I would.

There may have been a vote for authorizationj/funding but there was certainly NO vote that mandated invasion/occupation.

Just what part of COMMANDER in CHIEF causes you so much difficulty?
That would be about the same thing that always bothered you when that commander was named Bush.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:16 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Listen to what the Dems say beginning at 1:07 in the video:

Other than them being wrong your point would be?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:17 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,335,625 times
Quote:
How long ya think it'll take you to realize the GOP's been taken over by corporate shills and self-righteous yahoos?
You won't be the one that convinces me of that nor will any of the media writers manage that, either. Keep trying because you may convince one or two but I won't be one of them.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That would be about the same thing that always bothered you when that commander was named Bush.
No, it would be with the irresponsible ones who refuse to admit the ultimate go/no go descison is made by one man and he owns it.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You won't be the one that convinces me of that nor will any of the media writers manage that, either. Keep trying because you may convince one or two but I won't be one of them.
Of course not, your mind is made up and WILL NOT be affected by anything as simple as facts

For an example of the self-righteous yahoos I referred to see the witch-hunting adulterer 'family-values' Newtie boy, he's a prime example of the hypocrites you favor.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,575,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Witness America stand up for its freedom and integrity.
It's the violent, sanctimonious nature of your post that repels me most. Why is it that so many republicans approach life as if it was a battleground, and everyone that doesn't agree with them is stupid, or imposing on their freedoms?

I am a democrat, I embrace freedom for everyone, not just for the self-righteous, but for all. Regardless of who gets elected, you still have to learn to live with people maturely. Grow up.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 AM

89,322 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
A far worse situation is the fact that most of us aren't hearing the truth about the core issues, instead we get God, guns, and abortion as the grist for debate
That must be a left-wing meme or catch-phrase spread around in an attempt to steer focus away from the real issues. I'm not hearing any friends, neighbors, and acquaintances around here talk about 'God, guns, and abortion.' They're all worried about jobs and the economy.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,694,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
OK - Oregon, where I live, is usually a heavy liberal state. I spend a lot of time travelling up and down the main I-5 corridor between Eugene and Portland (which is a mostly traditionally democratic region), and places in between.

In the last two months, 80% of the political signage that is visible from the interstate is Republican based, and that % may be higher in residential areas. This is incredible, as the eastern region of the state (which is much more rural) is mostly conservative.

If Oregon is anything of a litmus test for the rest of the country, it is no wonder why Obama and his henchmen are grasping at any sign of life they can. As of the last couple of weeks, 90% of the political attack ad's on the TV are from the democratic base. Have the Republican candidates decided to refrain, as victory is imminent?

I plan to relax in front of my TV on election night and witness America stand up for its freedom and integrity. If you agree with the content of this thread, chime in.

If not, let us know what your loser in chief's next move will be.

Yes, I too feel that if we could just get another gang of thieves in power the other gang of thieves will be shown up for the political pikers they truly are. The political circus has really been taken up a notch with American cluelessness, I've been living under both of these parties most of my sixty plus years and life didn't get better regardless of who was living in the White House. I guess we'll see more BS trumpeting from America's two parties while the little guy gets mugged once again. In a few years we'll be hearing the promise of change again, but by that time millions of our countrymen will be destitute and our institutions will be ran by the likes of Walmart. Oh, don't forget to vote......

Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM

89,322 posts, read 45,057,338 times
Quote:
Other than them being wrong your point would be?
They aren't Republicans. They are Democrats. ...in two very high political positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies