Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 01:02 PM

180 posts, read 391,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
simple answer...find a job

there are 100's of thousands of jobs out there

stop extending something that should have stopped at 13 WEEKS

if you cant find a job in 2 years..there is something wrong with your resume'
Actually if you can't find a job in 2 years there is something wrong with the people that are running the government. Do you even realize that there are 15 million unemployed right now? The government is only reporting 2 million by the end of december but that number does NOT include the people that have expired their benefits and are living on the streets. Do some research before making such ridicules uninformative posts.

BTW, new reports show the unemploynment rate is up to 9.8% today. You think that is bad? Wait untill January when all the seasonal workers are let go !!!!!

Last edited by Gabriel.S; 12-03-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeyourthoughts View Post
would this bill include those currently on EB benefits in states that are cutting off EB now due to an end of federal funding? I am in FL and the feds are paying 50% of EB here so FL is ending EB tomorrow. If the above measure is passed would that reinstate the rest of EB for states like FL? Thank you.
Rumours, and I repeat rumours are being leaked out that a tier V may be in the works as well. I pray it is added, my heart goes out to all the 99ers, what a lousy Christmas !!!!!

Gabriel

Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,537,133 times
They better. They can bail out banks for 700 billion but not pay 5 bill a month to the very people they took their taxes from? The very people who are now unemployed b/c of the asshats they bailed out with our money?

I'm tired of the double standard in regards to American citizens and business!

Old 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
simple answer...find a job

there are 100's of thousands of jobs out there

stop extending something that should have stopped at 13 WEEKS

if you cant find a job in 2 years..there is something wrong with your resume'
Quit trolling this thread to pick a fight already, jeez.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
This troll has been busy posting the same post on threads in the UE forum as well. Too bad some here are so unhappy with their own lives they need to go looking for a cat to kick.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:11 PM

21 posts, read 24,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I read them all too, Opyelie. You really tried. I was going to but I decided to bang my head on the wall instead. So much faster.

If someone wants to think that a person who receives 26 weeks regular Benefits + 20 weeks EUC Tier I Benefits + 20 weeks Extended Benefits is worse off than
all those unemployed after 5/29/10 who receive 26 weeks regular Benefits + NO COBRA Subsidy + NO FAC Payments + NO EUC Tier I Benefits and may not even get Extended Benefits (40 States don't pay EB).

...then that's exactly what they are going to think. I just double-checked and in fact 66 weeks is more weeks than 26 weeks.
SIMPLE FACT OF THE MATTER, it doesn't matter when you were laid off as to who has worst case scenario's or not! WHAT MATTERS IS WHEN YOU ARE CUT OFF PEOPLE! I simply stated I have the worst case scenario possible because I am being cut off the same week the cut EUC benes. Why is this so hard for you ignorant people to understand. I also said PEOPLE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS ME ARE IN THE SAME WORST CASE SCENARIO! Get a grip on reality and maybe you don't care cause you have weeks left before you run out, whatever. Done with ignorant fools. Read original posts!

Old 12-03-2010, 04:47 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt V. View Post
SIMPLE FACT OF THE MATTER, it doesn't matter when you were laid off as to who has worst case scenario's or not! WHAT MATTERS IS WHEN YOU ARE CUT OFF PEOPLE! I simply stated I have the worst case scenario possible because I am being cut off the same week the cut EUC benes. Why is this so hard for you ignorant people to understand. I also said PEOPLE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS ME ARE IN THE SAME WORST CASE SCENARIO! Get a grip on reality and maybe you don't care cause you have weeks left before you run out, whatever. Done with ignorant fools. Read original posts!
1. STOP YELLING.
2. People in your SITUATION do not have the worst case scenario no matter how many times you say you do (some don't even get a Tier like you!)
3. It's hard for ignorant people to understand anything, after all they are ignorant.
4. My weeks ran out months ago, Sherlock.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Thank you SLC.

At times like this it baffles my mind why there is so much bickering amongst us. Everyone is in the same boat people. Our Unemployment rate just jumped to 9.8%. To those that think this has no effect on you, just the LAZY unemployed, I wouldn't get so wrapped up in your snug secure jobs right now. You may just be very unpleasantly surprised one morning when in to your work place, probably sooner than you think. It will be interesting to see what happens in January 2011.

Last edited by Gabriel.S; 12-03-2010 at 06:14 PM..

Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes it is - it's the cheap labor conspiracy. Millions of jobs are sent out of this country and millions of cheap labor immigrants are brought in.

At some point push comes to shove because having more and more people paid not to work isn't going to work out in the long-run.

America has to get its jobs back.
Why does America have to get its job back?

I find it the height of stupidity that people who are in favor of extending the Bush Tax Cuts for the richest Americans and corporations somehow think this will generate job growth. For that last ten years the richest Americans and corporations have been investing in emerging market nations and international financial markets. The returns are greater and the risks are smaller.

Why would you expect that to change simply by extending the tax cuts? The height if insanity is to do the same thing and expect different results. If the richest Americans and corporations are going to continue to invest overseas and in the financial markets instead of making investments in America at the very least they can kick in $700 billion over the next ten years to help trim the deficit.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:29 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt V. View Post

In my mind's eye............I can SEE you

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies