Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 03:25 AM

208 posts, read 552,339 times

Advertisements

memo to all those who claim "we" won't take any job i.e. fast food worker...I've been turned down from several of these positions because I have no "food experience' WHAT? I've shopped at your places for 40 years, I see plenty of mistakes made by workers who barely speak English...HEY ! I would love to work at McDonald's: I love their food-I live for the pork sandwich that gets re-introduced every decade...It's a sad life...I await the sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 04:21 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywantsme View Post
Unless Obama can convince business, large and small, that hiring is key and that he addresses the concerns of business i.e. over-regulation, taxes, health care costs, etc...NO ONE is going to hire to any significant degree. Businesses will simply sit on their surplus.
Plus just the fact that the president commison reported that 40 cents of every dollar spent by teh feds is being borrowed with interet means that even with cuts ;alot of money and jobs will be sucked out of teh privte sector.We are lokig at really ahving to tighten the belt of government spending;plus pay more in taxes and fees whether direct or indirect.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:46 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,725 times
Well, ya know 2 years isn't quite enough time to find a new job. Give them 3 and I'm sure they will have a "job" by then...

Old 12-02-2010, 06:14 AM

613 posts, read 960,887 times
Jobless aid is a must-do for Congress, Brown says | Columbus Dispatch Politics (http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/12/02/copy/jobless-aid-is-a-must-do-forcongress-brown-says.html?adsec=politics&sid=101 - broken link)

Old 12-02-2010, 10:02 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Well, ya know 2 years isn't quite enough time to find a new job. Give them 3 and I'm sure they will have a "job" by then...
You know I would LOVE to throw you out in the field right now and see how fast it takes you to find a job.

After all your searches be ready to flip McBurgers...Oh wait...they aren't hiring either !

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I feel sorry for you guys having this thread moved here. I couldn't imagine having lost my job, collecting UE, realizing it's going to end for the Holidays and then have to come here and read this hate filled insanity rather than support from those who understand.

I sincerely hope that things turn around for those of you who don't have a job right now. I'm routing for all of you and your families.

Ignore these venomous posters, they have their own problems and need somebody to beat up on, that's why they spend so much time here...they are miserable and it's their only outlet.
I just realized they put in the Political Forum..Everybody duck !

Old 12-02-2010, 10:13 AM

180 posts, read 391,756 times
Can somebody please explain to me what an Unemployment thread is doing in the Politics and Controversies forum. I see about 6 unemployment threads have been moved here. This being the most informative and what was once the most helpful and most used thread for up to date information. Over 20,000 posts.

Some logic! Please!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,485,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.S View Post
Can somebody please explain to me what an Unemployment thread is doing in the Politics and Controversies forum. I see about 6 unemployment threads have been moved here. This being the most informative and what was once the most helpful and most used thread for up to date information. Over 20,000 posts.

Some logic! Please!!!!!!!!
No logic, just that a bunch of fools start getting political and ruin it for the rest of us even though they have their own damn forum.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM

180 posts, read 391,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
I'm looking forward to your 1st post in the unemployment forums probably sooner than you think ......

And before you try to make the argument that your job is secure, well so was mine, for 30 years......Untill the company folded like a wet blanket! One day 500 employees had secure jobs, the next day with no warning, 500 people were unemployed.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:04 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,244,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Well,I've been paying into this 'unemployment insurance' thing all my life. I can only expect to be able to collect at least a portion of what I paid in if I get laid off.
Where do you live that you pay into unemployment insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies