Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
You don't know what I've needed for healthcare. You don't know what I know about health issues, I have a background in healthcare and my mom is an RN who currently works for an insurance company. Trust me, I know more than you'd like to think.

The job market sucks in part b/c people don't feel like working and won't take jobs that are offered to them or won't apply for jobs that are "below" them.

When there's a will, there's a way. It just so happens that for most people, that will is not strong enough to find the way. They're rather whine and complain than take control of their lives.
My husband is a PhD physicist. That does not make me a rocket scientist.

You can roll your eyes all you want; there are way more people looking for jobs than there are jobs available. Anyone who does hiring can tell you that. My daughter, Miss Eyeroll, has a BA in molecular, cellular and developmental biology and is working at a day care center. She doesn't feel the work is "beneath" her, but she is also not using her talents presently. I don't need a lecture from you about people taking control of their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy93 View Post
No I'm judging you based on you taking absolute credit for your situation and assigning absolute blame for that of others. You go ahead and tell me that you earned everything you have 100% and fortune hasn't lent a helping hand here or there along the way. And you go ahead and tell me that everyone who falls through the cracks and is ruined by the current system brought it upon themselves. That's the type of arrogance I expect from most people on your side of this debate.
I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies