Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 09:36 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times

Advertisements

I didn't read this thread, assured as I was that there'd be a lot of silliness in it from all sides. I'll just add my two cents worth. Speak in public often enough for long enough and you're gonna say something stupid. I don't care who you are or how smart you are. It's gonna happen. I sincerely don't think Barack Obama really thinks that there are fifty-seven states in the union any more than I think Sarah Palin really thinks the North Korean government are our pals. Neither side advances its own cause or any worthy cause when they've nothing better to go on than waiting for someone on the 'other side' to misspeak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 09:37 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Exactly. By not correcting her previous mistake, Palin leaves the impression that she believes both North and South Korea are allies of the US.
Epic reach there Sport.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Exactly. By not correcting her previous mistake, Palin leaves the impression that she believes both North and South Korea are allies of the US.
By not correcting her mistake she is paying the American public the compliment of not assuming they didn't already know what she meant. That's all.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
I don't . . I say, I don't think Sarah Palin believes or thinks.

She's been living free of those encumbrances for years, maybe her whole life.

She is like a vagina with cloth covering.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
By not correcting her mistake she is paying the American public the compliment of not assuming they didn't already know what she meant. That's all.
I had a hard time figuring out what you meant with all these double negatives. I think in a situation like this, Sarah should clarify. She doesn't like to admit she's wrong (who does?), but she could reiterate support for SOUTH Korea.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Wrong assumption on the part of someone with a degree in journalism.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Wrong assumption on the part of someone with a degree in journalism.

More like omissive spinning than assuming.

"I knew that!"

Dizzy ditsy on a merry-go-round.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
A book on the 2008 presidential election campaign, Game Change, had some revealing if unsourced claims about Palin's lack of knowledge, presumably coming from one of John McCain's advisors. Page 397 of the paperback edition described events from September 2008:

Quote:
[M]embers of her traveling party met Palin at the Rtitz-Carlton near Reagan airport, in Pentagon City, Virginia – and found that, although she'd made some progress with her memorization and studies, her grasp of rudimentary facts and concepts was minimal. Palin couldn't explain why North and South Korea were separate nations. She didn't know what the Fed did. Asked who attacked America on 9/11, she suggested several times that it was Saddam Hussain. And asked to identify the enemy that her son would be fighting in Iraq, she drew a blank.
Sarah Palin: 'We've got to stand with our North Korean allies' | Richard Adams | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 11-26-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I had a hard time figuring out what you meant with all these double negatives. I think in a situation like this, Sarah should clarify. She doesn't like to admit she's wrong (who does?), but she could reiterate support for SOUTH Korea.
It would be every bit as pointless as asking Obama to come out and explain that he doesn't really think there are 57 states in the union.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I don't . . I say, I don't think Sarah Palin believes or thinks.

She's been living free of those encumbrances for years, maybe her whole life.

She is like a vagina with cloth covering.
That's just misogynistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies